Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

That's it, you do start off not great, especially with distance running, but the upgrade system is extremely well implemented, every jump, every connected swing of a weapon, all adds to your upgrades and it just feels natural. Once you get the first perk in the 3rd tier of every area, you start to become a beast again. When I first played it, I don't remember having the grappling hook, and I certainly don't remember the bow, which I recently got in my current playthrough and it's beast! One shot everything nearly! Makes the Power upgrades fly up. That and standing in an area covered by spikes and just tossing zombies into them. Great craic!

I do like using the guns too, but it does make you choose between quick and easy but loud, or:

chiefbelatedbluebottlejellyfish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah I never remember the bow, I have a feeling it was dlc'd in. I'm really enjoying it, I'm still a wombat but recently unlocked foot stomp which has been a bit of a game changer. I'm too scared to go out at night so the xp accumulation and levelling is slow but that's grand as the alternative is still too terrifying

I have awful trouble with the buttons, I keep flipping the triggers around depending what game I'm playing and was messing around with having the x button as jump for a while. Now when I press a button I don't know if I'm going to foot stomp or fire a bomb

my bow isn't very powerful it one or two shotted some enemies but the big guys look like porcupines when I'm done with them. The guns I've hardly used tbh, they seem op but was having trouble ads and firing

Headshots! Although, I have a blue bow with base 240 dmg, so that could be it. The orange suit brutes go down with 1 headshot, the fireman brutes take 2. And the guns are OP, as they should be, but you have the downside of it bringing in Virals. The sound in this game makes it far scarier, I'm pretty sure I can hear zombie screams from across the map!

They've also added in silencers, but the loot required is something I haven't seen before either, so I don't think I'll be getting it until later in the game.

I can't under emphasis how much I'm loving this right now. Grapple hook is a game changer. I'm using guns a lot, I make a lot of noise but bullets are plentiful. Actually prefer the melee combat, now that I have weapons that make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Never really bothered with guns, once you have a high level Korek Machete you can slaughter almost everything.

• Advertisement

it's just so off putting that at the start you have to fight a big bruiser with a plank but yeah once you rank up it becomes a lot more manageable

gimli2112 wrote: »
    it's just so off putting that at the start you have to fight a big bruiser with a plank but yeah once you rank up it becomes a lot more manageable

You do have the Korek Machete ?

Best to not pick it up until you are level 20 ( i think) it may have changed.

I don't think so. I have some yellow weapon in my stash but haven't been using it. I'm not really struggling offensively. The big guys with armour maybe but they go down quick with bullets and then I just address the aftermath with machetees and molotovs. I'm only playing on normal and that's grand.

The worst to be honest is the normal zombies who scare the crap out of me by sneaking up and grabbing you. Everything else moans or makes a ruckus of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The news from the sequel isn't looking so hot, hopefully they'll be able to salvage it, and we won't have another cyberpunk debacle.

https://www.thegamer.com/techland-report-bleeding-talent-autocratic-management-bad-feedback/

Lol the head of HR is the CEO's wife, at least they don't try to hide it there like everywhere else, that HR is in bed with management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It seems to be going through development hell,the whole your actions have consequences thing would be my bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zombie Hunt
    Week #1 runs from Feb 25 through Mar 3

Week #1 Objectives

Community Goal:

Help save 100,000 survivors from Demolishers

Community Reward:

A Gold Weapon

Personal Goal:

Take out Hothead Joe (a Super Goon)

Personal Reward:

New Hyperargument Hammer

Week #2 Objectives

Week 2 of the Zombie Hunt event starts on Mar 3 and runs through March 10.

Community Goal:

Retrieve 1,000,000 airdrops

Community Reward;

King Mod

Personal Goal:

Kill Excavator Mike

Personal Reward:

GREcipe blueprint (this is a blueprint for a booster that when taken gives you infinite stamina and boost some other stats for a short time)

How to find Freaks of Nature enemies:

They will be random around the maps, so hunt them down and take them out!

Got to the finale of the campaign last night. Going to finish it tonight and then start the following:D

Finished the campaign there tonight,really enjoyed it overall:)

Now gonna move onto the following. Might even try some of the other DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

EoinHef wrote: »
    Finished the campaign there tonight,really enjoyed it overall:)

Now gonna move onto the following. Might even try some of the other DLC

The following is great, and ties in with the main story nicely. Enjoy!

The following is a different game tbh, from the city to "there" is brilliantly done.

makes the DL2 news harder to take.

Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition is currently on sale for €17.99 on PSN store
    This edition contains:

Dying Light Enhanced Edition
    Be the Zombie
    Cuisine & Cargo
    Ultimate Survivor Bundle
    The Bozak Horde
    Dying Light: The Following

That's a lot of awesome for €18 again! Close to finishing the campaign again, not sure I'll do the Following again, might take a break and go back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just bought the enhcanced edition with the following there. I wanted to buy the Evil within 2 but It is still a mad price on psn. Id say dying light is better anyways.

evil within 2 is a cracking game too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

In ended up buying this just now, the following enhanced version so I think that's mostly everything yeah?

Can't wait to get stuck into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ASOT wrote: »
    In ended up buying this just now, the following enhanced version so I think that's mostly everything yeah?

Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Yupp, the main game and The Following expansion which is just excellent when you finish the main game. Enjoy!

Enhanced edition is currently 15 euro on PSN sale, cheapest it's ever been. Anyone interested in some co-op this week?

Went back to this, I have a chunk of trophies left to get but I'd really like the platinum. Some of the side quests are a pain in the hole though but loving just bouncing around area to area getting into scraps. Has me really hyped for DL2 but I think I'm gonna spend August mostly trying to get the platinum in this :)

Gravity modified with this weeks event/DLC patch.

Looks ehh interesting if you have completed the game, nightmare if you havent. In Options go to Community Event ONline and turn it off to get gravity back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

finally got around to playing this . what an awesome game . looks a bit s**t now considering it's a 2015 game . fps boost on series x a big help . the gameplay is so good . progression with weapons and skills is so rewarding . i'm about 70% through main story iv mostly main lined it . might do some side missions now and play some the following dlc before 2 is out . just an awesome fun game !

Lol posted in wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

mainlined it in 20 hours . loved it . never once felt bored or like it was wasting my time with filler . not often now games don't annoy me with repetitive gameplay . straight into the following now . can't rem last time i finished a game and started dlc straight away .

• Advertisement

lol game changes completley now that you have a vehicle

Advertisement