Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GT sport takes up 90% of my gaming time since I got the wheel back in November (and then had to get a seat, and extra screen), how're you getting on with your online races?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Haven't even tried online yet! I still can't get the braking down and always end up hopping off someone, so online that would annoy me if someone did it to me.

Watch the driving school section of this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/tidgney his advice and instruction is at the top tier of the content community online and his teaching has got me pretty far up the online ranking

I actually think my problem is my setup. At the moment, the wheel is hooked up to a small folding table and the pedals are pushed up against the drawers the tv is on, so there's a good bit of movement, and I'm struggling to actually push the brake pedal the whole way (it's quite stiff!), so I'm not braking properly by the looks of it. I haven't played it enough to really get into it, so settings haven't even been looked at yet. I will say though, I am enjoying the arcadey feel of The Crew 2 more... you don't really have to brake in it!

Pm sent, rather than fill up the thread with setup info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

Ff7 remake . Found chapter 8 and start 9 boring , full & repetitive and was starting to lose interest a bit . Then got to wall market , beautiful setting , story very funny & hell house 😵.

chivalry 2 . Such a fun game . Game modes limited enough but some Craic .

rust . Had my first real good run tonight . Lasted 90mins and Managed log out and leave myself in a healthy well stocked state to return to !

Hades is so damn good! I didn't want to let the hype potentially ruin it, but my god its good, and lives up to it. Everything about it has a feel of something well polished, the combat is fluid and satisfying, and really has that one-more-go feel nailed. Well worth the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Assassin's creed Valhalla druid dlc, got to be in right mood for the game and now I am! Great seeing Ireland during the period.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I started Red Dead Redemption 2 a few nights ago as it's on PS Now but for a limited time. I must admit that I'm really struggling to get into it so far. There seems to be too many things to do and keep track of and movement is so slow. I'm not really a huge fan of overly complicated games so I might just try and plow through the main story but it just hasn't clicked with me yet!

• Administrators Posts: 53,732 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a common complaint. I loved the first one but couldn't get into the second one, it's basically a cowboy simulator. Far too much time spent travelling, and I just can't deal with Rockstar's combat system any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Jumped back into Death Stranding, man that game could do with some better end game content. Its nice to just cruise about in the evening with the music and visuals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I had the exact same issue myself to a point where i gave up on it for a few months about a quarter of the way through. When i got back to playing it i solely focused 100% on main storyline and it made it alot more enjoyable.

RDR2 is far too long. Beautiful looking game though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Cowboy simulator seems a perfect description. I mean the fact that you have to watch your weight etc is just too much to be thinking about in this type of game. I think I'll do the main story missions and the possibly the stranger missions and skip the rest for now.

As an aside, is there anyway to see what you need to do to upgrade your cores or does it just come naturally through gameplay. It's all unnecessarily complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have to disagree with the RDR2 comments, it's a fantastic game. Once you get past the opening chapter it really opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

I'm playing GT Sport a good bit lately too, not many Irish players on it at all. Pm me your ID if you want to have a few races

The opening chapter is a pain, but the chapter where they go to Guarma and the Epilogue are torturously slow.

They should have streamlined the game more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

The epilogue of that game is the most self-indulgent thing I have ever seen in any game ever, I couldn't believe how long it went on for. They could have achieved all of that in about 1/5th of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

After playing it on and off for a couple years, finally got all trophies in Assassins Creed Odyssey. Thoroughly enjoyed it, though the 5th DLC in the Underworld was a bit painful at times (likely the total contrast of murky brown to an otherwise bright game) - next up, considering getting the Gold edition of Origins (never really played it) though I just missed it on sale so I may delve into the backlog for a bit first.

• Advertisement

I spent roughly 110 hours getting the Plat on Odyssey, and even though I had the season pass, I never touched the DLC. Just had enough at that stage! Then played Immortals: Fenyx Rising and it reminded me that these types of games used to be fun, which completely ruined my attempt to play Valhalla then!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

was plodding through death stranding but think I’m burnt out with climbing up snowy mountains at this stage. Such a slog at the moment

had ratchet and clank from that give away (at the start of the pandemic I think) so have switched to that and enjoying it a lot

I’m considering buying AC odyssey.. I see the deluxe version is currently 20e, which was my buy price before. However, have been stung by Origins so I’ve gone a bit lukewarm on it

Lots of people will say Origins is better than Odyssey, but I think it's the other way around. Origins was good, don't get me wrong, but Odyssey just felt complete. It really did blow me away when I first played it, and I'll always remember being of awe of the draw distance and actual depth of field when at high points looking around the islands (on console). What was it about Origins that put you off? It's more like Origins than the rest of the AC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Took me about 92 hours for all trophies including DLC, and only about the last 10 hours were grinding (underwater locations, map complete, those stupid DLC fetch quests) - I did play on Easy as I'm all about having a good time, not a challenging time with my available gaming time at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Still trucking away at Far Cry 5. Really enjoying it. I've liberated Jacobs area and getting stuck into Faith currently. I love Hurk as a side kick. The game also makes me laugh, like last night I used a remote explosive to blast a safe and a NPC in the next room got twatted into a wall by the blast wave. He jumps up and says "what was that?" and goes off skulking for baddies.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

I absolutely loved this game.finished it about 2 weeks ago and cant recommend it enough. It was good fun. Glad to hear someone else feels the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

must revisit Origins and try and work out why it didn’t gel with me. If Odyssey is more of the same maybe I’ll give it a pass

thanks for the comments

Advertisement