Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,170 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sting looks in great shape.

Starks' Rock cosplay should get in the bin.

Has anyone ever seen Hook and Dan James in the same room?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

AEW trying to upstage NXT by having an engagement as well. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Loved that show, really enjoying back watching some wrestling.

Are DQ's not really a thing in AEW much, thought it was odd the ref made no attempt to stop Sammy from doing the DVD through the railing ? (didnt think it was no DQ match. Also found it odd that Jericho was ok to use the bat behind the refs back but wouldnt hit the judas effect even though she couldnt see him ha!

Loved how good Sting looked and Darby is so cool. Cant wait for Friday now.

P.S. really hyped for the Big Show match at all out haha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

"How to handle Punk's debut"

Id love to see a double swerve with MJF doing a Mox/Cardonna GCW swerve doll we'd by the real Punk showing up a minute later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

With the lineup for Rampage, and with what happened tonight, i'm sort of expecting Punk will be debuting towards the end.

Moxley and Garcia is the main event, so i'd be thinking 2.0 will interfere and attack Mox. Darby,Sting and Kingston will come out at that point to help Moxley and clean out 2.0 and Garcia, and when Darby is the ring by himself, Cult of Personality hits and out walks Punk.

• Advertisement

Was wondering why Chris didn't use the Judas effect as well but maybe the ref was meant to turn back around in time to see it or maybe he wanted to prove he could win without it

Jericho and MJF developing a habit of having laughable match endings.

Jericho will sneakily hit him with a baseball bat when the ref's back is turned but he abides by the rules for his finisher when the ref's back is turned. What?

Also, MJF's finisher looks awful. Looked so lazy with no torque in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's fairly obvious , that if he used it MJF would never let him away with it and would have an excuse to hold over Jericho all the time so the win would be pointless

Thunder Rosa is so over with live crowds AEW making pro wrestling fun again.

And MJF would say nothing about a baseball bat-assisted win? Makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It's great to see Daniel Garcia shining on the big stage, he's class in ring. If Danielson does eventually show up that match has to happen. The singles match against Mox is huge for him, he's up against Matt Sydal tonight on Dark Elevation too. And 2.0 are quality as well!

Miro and Kingston will be a cracker, love the Redeemer gimmick. The tag title match was so good. AEW on an absolute roll lately, pro-wrestling is fun to watch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Yes, but one is a normal DQ rule we see broken every week, and needs the ref to see it to matter. The Judas effect was a specific stipulation named as a big deal for the match, and arguably by the way it was stated would lose you the match retrospectively whether the ref sees it or not. That's kind of why I think they should have written that he uses it, for the extra drama of it - but it also makes sense to me as a reason he'd be more careful about breaking that rule versus any normal DQ rule.

Side note - I love the Young Bucks. They're exactly like what I imagine Trey Parker and Matt Stone would be if they were wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine Saturday morning (for us) we'll see CM Punk back in a wrestling promotion

Just blows my mind, I'm so **** pumped for this. I thought I'd never see the day.

This isn't on the same level as Hogan going to WCW level but we'll never see anything like ever again but CM Punk is the next best thing. WWE must be absolutely sickened that this is ment to be Summer Slam Weekend but no one is talking about it and it's all CM Punk and AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I never, ever, ever understood why people thought there was even a chance Punk would not be back and I have basically been saying that on Boards for 7 years. It's wrestling. Everyone comes back. You may have an occasional exception that proves the rule like Austin being crippled and never working again, but almost literally everyone comes back.

If you always bet they'll be back, you'll almost always be right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So happy for them, I listened to them on Talk is Jericho and I grow fonder of them. Just really funny guys.

Really deserved and some great bit of business by TK

Calling out Mox and Kingston and then attacking them a week later while on their way to face Sting and Darby. They made an impression.

Though I was wondering why Moxley and Kingston were going to the ring. Maybe it was mentioned by commentary and I missed it

So buzzing for tonight's show, its unreal really what AEW have achieved, they have totally overshadowed WWE's 2nd biggest PPV with an hour long free to air TV show. So glad I've started watching, catching up on old Dynamites now as I "work", any suggestions for great shows over the last few years, thanks all, sorry for the noob questions but hope to be caught up soon!

What station is this on tonight?

• Advertisement

Dr. Britt Baker Vs. Thunder Rosa from Dynamite 11/03/21 show. Probably one of the greatest woman matches

Best Friends Vs. Santana & Ortiz from Dynamite 16/09/20. This was a parking lot fight, unreal match.

Revolution 2020 PPV Adam Page & Kenny Omega Vs. Young Bucks. Arguably one of the greatest tag matches ever

Brodie Lee Celebration of Life Dynamite, my personal favorite Dynamite show. Such an emotional show

Bellas looking a wee bit different these days. 🤔

Did they say Rampage will have the largest AEW attendance ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, will be surpassed then next month and the one at Arthur Ashe (rumoured the Bryan debut atm) will be the highest then

Just signed up for it there. 7 day free trial. Excellent.

Punk is the next guest on Renee’s pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've heard some suggest that the appearance by Punk on Oral Sessions is just a video version of the podcast they recorded previously as she didn't upload video for it.

Probably makes the most sense tbh.

Can't wait for Braun to debut tonight.

Who would be the ultimate troll debut? Even just as a joke before Punk comes out and attacks them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I love how the former WWE guys are tweeting random "throwback" videos/pictures

They all coincidentally happen to have CM Punk in them but I am sure that is unintentional!

The buzz for this is unreal! 😂

Advertisement