Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,571 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

wow 120,000. in 2019 there were 1.6 million 1-24 year old's in Ireland as an example.

I heard the are are nearly 500,000 12-15 year olds. From what I can gather parents are not having this at all and teens don't want it either.

Their age are allowed in to eat unvaccinated anyway and there's no pressure to get it for school. good for them.

I don't believe any of the stats from this manipulative shower of chancers..they all said that they indulged in door to door surveys posing as pollsters.

that's social engineering and marketing of the masses, call it what you like, it's rubbish. It's like when they say oh there's a huge turnout for FG in this election. Then the would be swing voter doesn't bother , thinking the race is one in FG's favor. Also at any time of the week, there will be young people in hospitals for any number of procedures , reasons. If you keep swabbing of course you'll get positive tests with all the traffic and footfall in hospitals. Remember, these are the places that we could not keep MRSA from years ago, simple hand washing by doctors and they still could not get on board. There was a prime time all about their simple lack of personal hygiene compared to France. To date, there's' no distinction between these groups in hospitals. Leo Varadkar brought it up again but only because he was in the dock from breaking guidelines. Hey guys look at me, I'm asking the tough questions, I'm one of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Couple of things are clear from that.

1 - they have no intentions in dropping all restrictions any time soon

2 - he's still basing decisions off the pessimistic scenarios outlined by Nolan's Random number generator.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Why doesn't he just bloody well announce the plan this week. Like it's some bloody secret that we need to be kept in suspense about. Complete charlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

All of these roadmaps should have been done at the latest when it became apparent we were getting consistent vaccine deliveries. Instead we are given a roadmap of when the government will meet to consider doing a roadmap, and it isn't the first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Anti vax crowd are really having a field with all the doom and gloom news lately.

I don't think the government/NPHET are anti vax. They just don't think the vaccines work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Bet you'll find more fully vaccinated in this thread than not actually

Hardly, it's the bedwetters that are loving this one.

"Freedom cos we're fully vaxxed? Ha! You're not in England/ Europe/ USA/ litereally everywhere now bucko!"

We have to get the suicide levels up, 2020, even January to April 2021 didn't hit the heights they wanted.

Strange as it sounds- I'm back to work many months, the pubs are semi open, I can buy clothes in an actual shop, and yet, I'm three times as depressed as I was in the dark days of January, Feb, March. The threats of shut down, the knowledge that while the Jan- April lockdown wasn't justified, this quasi lifting of restrictions now we are 90% vaxxed is even more ludicrous.

It just never ends. It would be nice if the media reported daily suicide figures in the same way they used to report daily "Covi deaths" to shame these scum into ending this charade. Even the most blinkered pro lockdowner would have to now admit lockdown related suicide is killing more per month than Covid itself.

The government/nphet leaks and rte are feeding Right into the few anti vax friends I have, that tweet has come up on some social medias platforms, with the caption "proof vaccines don't work we will still need social distancing with 90% vaccinated"

Rte's article about vaccines waning after 3 months is there now one friend has posted 4 times with similar stuff in 30 minutes. I could delete them but sometimes they are amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Dickie10

i think i counted 8 people i know of within 20 mile radius dead by suicucide since last march 2020. i only heard of 1 covid death wiithin that radius. that says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Dickie10

2 of those 8 in last 11 days

When NPHET used excess deaths as proof of the impact of Covid, excess suicides never come into it. Excess elderly people dying from their soul simply giving up during the cocooning last year, never seems to feature either. Amid "protect the vulnerable" the media seems to have forgotten about the people in 2020 telling of how they could see their elderly relative slowly dying by the day as they stayed behind the nursing home window in solitary confinement from their grandchildren with only Tony Holohan and his diktats of gloom for company every evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

Maybe they are right?

They don’t work well enough?

Can we talk about the fact

2 out of 1000 cases go to hospital now, was 4-5 before any vaccines in Nov 20

Not a huge difference

The same amount of people in hospital now as Nov 2020

And 10 times more than last August 2020

What have the vaccines done so far?

Not much when you compare to last summer

How will this winter compare to winter 2020?

Won’t be much different IMO, hospitals will be overwhelmed with covid again

Really? It was never about public health? It's all been a big plandemic to wipe out nightlife? Nah. I'm not having it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The knowledge of how good other countries have it, why we are not there despite the vaccines having been meant to be the way out, that is what is killing people.

The masks are another psychological weapon. Take the mask out of public life and we can nearly forget this thing ever happened. I've seen it in London- life is normal and good until you see some fool wearing his I Hate Boris accessory. Keep the masks in view, it's like an air crash survivor being forced to work in an airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

By "Anti vax crowd" you mean people who have an issue with the utter ridiculous ongoing restrictions in Ireland ? - including vaccinated people ?

But it's easy to just smear them all as "anti vax" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Good job the Govt have increased capacity, have deals with private hospitals to take them over etc..

Oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭PicardWithHair

Those suicide deaths are OK as they were not covid deaths!!!!

Now follow the SCIENCE and get that mask on and hide under your bed for the next 10 months ...

It was about public health in the opening few weeks.

Then NPHET realised it could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to try to permanently change Ireland's pub culture. Stay closed enough to wipe plenty of them out. When the re opened, mandate some ludicrous buy food with your drink, stay 2 hours max law.

As for the government itself, house prices were, despite the spiel, fairly affordable in Dublin before Covid hit. Shut the sites, tighten supply, funnily enough Leo has moved in with his partner so no doubt his flat in Castleknock will be going on sale soon, worth more than it was in March 2020.

Aside from all that, you also have particularly evil ageing nerds in cabinet and NPHET who have loved 18 months devoid of nightclubs, pubs, one night stands, house parties, first dates and other activity partaken in by normal young and not so young people. The bitterness of these people is palpable.

• Advertisement

No I mean proper anti vax people I know who are completely anti vaccination, think Jesus will protect them from all disease. They are loving the government/nphet decisions cause they think it's backing up their stance.

It was never about public health but now it actually was for the opening few weeks? What about the north? Apart from Dublin, pubs in the north were closed for longer than they were here last year. Do those bitter evil ageing nerds in cabinet and NPHET wield power up there too? Nah. Still don't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Apart from Dublin, where half the population lives? And for just last year? Pick and choose more mate. Pubs in NI have been closed significantly less than Ireland since March 2020. I was in Belfast last weekend, booking a train/bus was a nightmare, why? Because people are flocking up North every weekend to actually live their lives.

DUP wouldn't be the biggest fans of dancing and devil's buttermilk fuelled divilment.

Here's a fact for you- under England's original three tiers of restrictions, pubs with mandatory food was in their HIGHEST restriction level. As in, Boris tried to have pubs open in some shape or form even in the highest Covid alert level. Here, food mandatory pubs was in our second lowest (remember the stage 1 to 5 that was issued for clarity, about two days later they started doing stage 2.5 and all this nonsense)

Micheal Martin should be tried and jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I said in a post there recently their point is - leaks from government are saying social distancing is here to stay for the long term proof vaccines aren't working, why would we need social distancing for vaccinated people.

Yes, I specifically mentioned last year because according to Crooked Cockney Villain, it was never (except for the opening few weeks of course) about public health but it was a nefarious plan to wipe out nightlife. If that's the case, why were the pubs in the north closed for longer in 2020? Does not compute.

The DUP have been very vocal about the fact that they wanted things to open quicker in the north every step of the way. The rest of the executive held them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Are masks permanent now then?

• Advertisement

I wouldn't say so. I've been wrong before though.

Advertisement