Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Masks may be permanent but who cares, they're 99% unenforceable. social distancing didn't bother RTE at the leaving do and it's guidance. Have you seen anyone get fined for not distancing.

The actual crap like indoor dining and the likes, that's worth talking about, mask and stranger danger is feck all to get bent out of shape about.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

Labels and mantras are the only argument you have.

I guarantee all these “anti vax” people have actually taken 2 doses to protect other vulnerable people and are just sick to death of this farce of a situation the government and NPHET have put us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭thebronze14

You'll be hard pressed to find many people justifying the continuation of the restrictions at this stage with 90% of people vaccinated!

I'm not sure, there's a lot of angry incels out there loving themselves some restriction, yessum sir, they do like dem restrictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Edit:

As pointed out to me probably not fair to the person putting up a facebook status here, my point was just they aren't double vaccinated and my post was a cut at the government not people wanting restrictions lifted or weighing risks with the vaccine.

Post edited by mightyreds on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Christ, I think I'm a little dumber after reading that. That text peak, it hurts my eyes and brain in equal measure.

Honestly though, when dealing with a fully bonafide god botherer it's best to not take anything they say seriously.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Yeah I don't take anything at all they say seriously. I never thought they were real but a few people I know have gone full on anti vax - bill gates hating.

But this fluting around by the government and hesitation to make a decision has fuelled them today, why should we have social distancing if we have most vaccinated, which they have a point but for the wrong message.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

“We will always have concerns about the winter because it can bring on new variants and it can bring on new viruses . It can pose significant challenges to the health service and that’s why planning is already underway for a winter initiative,” he added.

Mickey and the new viruses again

I don't believe for one minute they are your friends. You can judge a man by the company he keeps so that does not add up.

If that's true then you hang out with American Christian evangelicals then?

I think you're taking a post from reddit and pasting as "my friend john" to undermine credibility, is what I think.

I saw t his on the main thread today, sad.

‘Not In Vain’ | Broadsheet.ie

not a mention of it from the main stream media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Wtf do they mean by long time to come when it comes to masks?

Can't fathom high a country with the second highest vaccination output has no will to remove that restriction.

At the very least make it optional.

Morons the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's a collection of rabid tweets, some very clearly anti-vax. His death has been mentioned elsewhere.

I dont mind what you think, yes they are my friends on social media they are more childhood friends who I have lost touch with except on social media.

Do you want a link to their facebook page? You will clearly see they are from Kildare I can PM you it if you want ?

I'm not sure of your point though do you believe there are no anti-vax people in Ireland or they dont exist at all ?

But it has nothing to do with my original point anyway that the governments terrible messaging has given them something to latch onto now in regards vaccines.

Whose credibility am i trying to undermine here exactly? The government ? They have very little to undermine as it stands.

Actually after seeing your last post is it the anti vax people you think i'm undermining? Making them out to be crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Martin is talking about restrictions into the Spring. So when cases inevitably go through the roof in December-January, they are going to lift all restrictions in March-April. Pull the other one. We'll be in the exact same situation next year. They are not letting go, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Ye it's going to be a carbon copy of last winter

are you serious??? they are my virtual hologram friends whom I once shared a playground with. Newsflash mate, childhood creche mates you don't see anymore but selectively stalk on Facebook for the purposes of rendering you pious and them CRANKS, are not your friends. I'd question anyone who needs to refer to "my friends on facebook" as not credible. I can say that of any bloody celeb I follow on twitter, if I were stupid and dull enough to do so. Hey guys THE ROCK dwane Johnson is my FREIND on Facebook!

Hey I have 1000 virtual friends I have never met, they're my friends because facebook tells me so.

Yes 100% there are people that don't want a vaccine and like most walks of life there are people on both ends of the pole, like right and left wingers.

People have strange beliefs and harbor odd philosophies. My point stands, they are not your friends and you're offering up their Facebook page linked to a stranger on boards at a whim proves it? I'm sure they'd love you for that. Hey I sent a load of strangers your info today just to aid my quest against the ANTIVAXERS association of Ireland! if that's how you view and treat your friends, I'm not surprised the only ones you have are on a screen,

You have friends on facebook and probably none with benefits. there, lots of truths for you. back in your box now.

How will cases go through the roof with 80%+ of the total population vaccinated and a whole load with boosters?

Jesus your post is full of crap, you dont know me and then try to tell me my friends are only virtual and i've never met them get a grip man.

I see you didn't answer any of my questions just go on the attack, I seem to have hit a nerve though, are you anti vax? is that the problem you think i'm trying to undermine your anti vax stance 🤣🤣.

I believe people should have a choice and I've made mine so i don't really mind what everyone else does but what i don't like is people shoving their choice down your neck calling you sheeple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Is there a point to this incoherent rant?

You were trying to prove that everyone who disagrees with you is anti-vax (which was thoroughly rebuked), and now you are trying to back that point up again by posting a facebook status (sample size=1) which proves what? Only that you have too much time on your hands trawling through facebook for statuses you can repost on boards.

This is what i'm not getting what are people disagreeing with me on? I said the governments messaging has been poor, talking about social distancing being here for the long term and the 11:30 closing even though the only ones allowed in the place are vaccinated.

This has lead to some of my friends who are anti vax latching onto to this as a sign the vaccines dont work and hardening their stance not to get the vaccine, which is having the opposite effect the government want.

First I was told here my friends are more than likely double vaccinated and I'm just trying to label people wanting restrictions lifted as anti vax, (I never mentioned restrictions in my post so it had nothing to do with that), I then posted the facebook post to ask does it sound like someone who is double vaxed just an example.

Not I'm being told i'm undermining credibility but I'm not sure of what exactly? anti vax?

• Advertisement

"what i don't like is people shoving their choice down your neck calling you sheeple" ahhh and there we get to the crux of it folks. And He's hit my nerve 🤣

If I was antivax wouldn't I be on your virtual friend list? you;ve been shown out, in form and function, there's not much more to say really. At least Penfailed and Raind are clever with their views.. you nlost the room with you stories of friends in kildare..best of luck on the speed dating scene when it comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

It's the same with GP's, you'd swear this was an airborne flesh eating cousin of the Ebola virus the way they carry on.

To be honest I've no idea what your on about? I explained what i was saying in the post above.

I'm trying to undermine someones credibility but not anti vax stance or the government though, so I am a bit lost why you attacked me over it, if its neither of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

So we are facing in to a possibility of being the most vaccinated and the most restricted country in Europe in reality!!

Do even the most ardent Government/NPHET supporters not begin to ask questions even then?

not at all, and this is the last sabre Ill rattle with you, we'll stay on topic to be fair ok.

I get that you're not anti vax and I get that you're not pro lockdown but I take issue with you using your kildare "friends" who exist on the wilder side of the spectrum, as typcial...I have actual friends who are pharmacist and are so staunch in their views as to sound Nazi like. I still leave them to it, I wouldn't go posting them as typical of Pro Vaccine endorsers. I reserve the right to wait, I weigh up the risk Vs reward and so am happy to sit in the long grass in the hopes that widespread "condition of use and entry" polices will not become the norm. that's what I think at the moment. fair enough?

It wouldn't bother me if you posted the pro vaccine over the tops I'm down the middle on it, I'd probably agree with you, there is fanatics on both sides.

Your points there are very fair nothing wrong with waiting.

My original point was a cut at the government messaging being terrible in both their words and actions they have taken, completely undermining themselves, wasn't against people wanting restrictions lifted or people who dont want to get vaccinated. It just spiralled out from there with people taking their own interpretation of it and hitting off me.

Ok so fair enough then. We all move on this friday morning. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

The only way we are getting out of this is if people stop getting tested! Seriously...why on earth is a vaccinated person sending themselves to get tested!! Just stop and go on with life.

If cases go down and there's only a trickle going into hospital it looks better and we might get out of this **** show because it's all about the optics to those in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

There is a medicine (made in Ireland btw) that can treat CV when you get the symptoms. Of course this would change completely the agenda of the governments and pharma companies, this would mean no need for green pass or vaccination for something that can be cured like a general influenza, and of course they won't bring this up on the 6 o' clock news.

The medicine Sotrovimab has been approved by EMA, why they don't advertise this?

• Advertisement

The question, which has been asked, is whether plans are being made on, that NPHET modelling is the best decision maker. Now, nothing was ever going to change until the end of our vaccination programme so you can make sense of the first part of it. Otherwise, it's better to wait until the plan is actually published.

Advertisement