Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXV-956,720 ROI (5,952 deaths) 452,946 NI (3,002 deaths) (08/01) Read OP

Options

Comments

Why has Beaumont hospital sent out letters internally to doctors instructing them to remove people from transplant list if not jabbed.what’s that got to do with the “thing” .

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Yeah it's the indo but it's an interview with MM.

However, he said the Government’s new roadmap for easing the remaining restrictions will cover “quite a number of months” before all social distancing rules are lifted.

“We will definitely go to Christmas and maybe into spring,” he said.

Restrictions until spring, even with everyone being vaccinated by the end of this month.

Well if this isn't f*cking depressing to read on a Friday morning. MM is a spineless coward.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's lot in that about personal responsibility over regulations as the approach. That's not quite the same thing but we can expect masks to play a part for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

I am generally grand with everything but f*ck me, where is the ambition or leadership?

If we can't ease up these restrictions within the month and a half, when can we 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭brickster69

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭godzilla1989

No one will report that

Roy Butler, a 23 year old footballer for Waterford died yesterday

He got the J&J vaccine and 1 hour later had headaches and died later on from bleed to brain, Irish Independent say he had a sudden illness and that’s how he died

Cant believe anything these days unless your there

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/waterford-football-community-pays-tribute-to-roy-butler-who-has-passed-awayaged-23-40766084.html

https://www.broadsheet.ie/2021/08/19/not-in-vain/

You really should be a bit more selective with your sources. That second one is pure trash and made up of deranged tweets. As a matter of curiosity why are you "reporting" it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It's always amazing how a week or two before any potential easing of restrictions Martin has to really dampen any expectations

He's also just waiting to get the line in about new variants

This roadmap will be the same long drawn out cautious BS as usual

Cause no 23 year old footballer has died from Covid in Europe

Actually I don’t know any 23 year old athlete in any sport in Europe that has died from Covid

Can we only talk about good news?

What are the tweets got to do with it, the original post is from his aunt and on her Twitter other family members talk about the situation

Its a crap site, because duh no mainstream site is going to report it, can you figure that part out?

Go to his aunts Twitter page if you want a mainstream site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

No surprises there. They will more or less keep the current levels until Christmas and then think about easing. I expect strict limits on the numbers allowed at indoor events and WFH to continue past Christmas. The existing legislation will all be rolled over to February and the vaccine passport use will be extended to a number of other areas.

I was more surprised that some people thought all restrictions would be gone in a month or two. We are entering a new phase now whereby it's a public health are system crisis and they now have these "tools" available to ease pressure on hospitals.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Not one of those tweets has any thought process in it and some are bordering on misinformation. I'd also question whether Twitter really is a forum for sharing family details. Now autopsy details would be credible.

I didn’t even read them replies, no interest in them

I read his aunt and families account of his events

23 year old Waterford city footballer

Felt perfectly well, wanted to go to Dubai

Got the J&J vaccine, 1 hour later had headaches, while later blood clot in the brain, then died few days later

All I read

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The figures given of 87% of those in hospital having covid symptoms & being treated for it - that does not mean those people are at any risk from covid. It only means they have symptoms - because hospital will always treat any covid symptoms, even if its just a headache. We know this, because the other 13% (100-87 = 13) are said to be asymptomatic. i.e. they have no symptoms, so cannot be treated for symptoms.

Its essentially a totally worthless bit of information - just the department saying that the HSE are "treating" anyone in hospital with covid symptoms. It gives no indication as to who is actually at risk from covid and who has a broken leg and a head cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is the tracker app down for anyone else? Doesn’t seem to have updated since 17th

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Yes it's sad that a 23 year old died, any death is sad and I mean this with the upmost respect to other posters but seriously folks, think about it, if someone in your family died would you want their death being discussed on a public forum not long after they had passed away. I know I wouldn't, it's disrespectful to the family in my opinion. I don't want to appear to be back seat modding, far from it, I just feel like the family should be allowed to have their personal privacy in the immediate aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Alot of the social media posts seem to be from people claiming to be related, it's too early to say exactly what caused his death conclusively either way rip.

Alot of young people will be putting their vaccinations on hold till they hear more about it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

I agree - except that if he died from covid he would be plastered all over the media (and here) as a warning to how 23 year olds need to get vaccinated or covid will kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Both are morally wrong in my view anyway. You don't use someone's death to push a viewpoint in either direction.

It’s funny (and sad) to see the apologists already out with “well they’re not really restrictions”. They are. Masks and continued social distancing are massive restrictions, no matter how much people want to say they aren’t.

People were derided on here constantly when predicting that this will never end and last well into 2022. Well there’s confirmation from our Taoiseach that it will. Grim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It seems more than clear that the story of the 23-year-old is being driven by anti-vaxxers.

The aunt who claims she's "just speaking up" is an anti-vaxxer. So of course she's going to go on a rant about it.

Which means none of the claims, not even the one about him getting the vaccine, can be trusted to be true.

Deaths are always used to push viewpoints, how could they not be!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

I've a couple of problems with the above broadsheet link, No Janssen vaccines have been sent to GPs only pharmacies. Last delivery to pharmacies was almost a month ago now and Janssen has been pretty much non existent since early August for the most part

The "aunts" post about the "poison" makes her position fairly clear.

It's absolutely tragic losing a 23 year old to any cause of death and I feel for his family and friends. Last thing anyone needs at a time like this is the likes of social media diving on with speculation as to cause. If it was vaccine related it'll appear in the coroners report. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭floorpie

If it continues until spring it'll mean 2 years out of office for many people, 2 years of people in precarious employment situations, 2 years of PUP payments and so on. What long term effect will this have on the economy, and on people's lives overall? We can't keep kicking this can down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Avon8

On the one hand we have posters asking to respect the family so soon after death and a few posts later we've you suggesting in the infant hours of their grief they've made up lies and are using the death of a family member to try push an agenda? Christ

Thousands of people who've taken it, including myself, have felt quite sick afterwards. There's a 20 page thread of people talking about it in this very forum

But it is pushed as fact by every anti vax Facebook, twitter, Instagram etc, the reality is when you look at the it the story lacks detail and the cause of his death may never be conclusively known, do we have to take every headline as fact without trying to see if there is anything to back it up?

"Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it".

The longer it goes unchallenged, the more it spreads.

Grief is no excuse for spreading dangerous disinformation. The aunt is an active anti-vaxxer, and was before this incident. I would be a lot more sympathetic if she was simply reacting out of shock, but she's using the death of her nephew as a talking point in her own personal agenda. It's despicable.

It’s graaaand though. According to most, none of that matters and we should be delighted that we’re even allowed to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Avon8

I'm not taking it as fact whatsoever. I do see it as plausible, but again, what do I know.

I think going on a public forum and suggesting grieving family members are making up lies to further an agenda is a bit far

• Advertisement

Nonsense. Allocation of organs to recipients comes with a lot of caveats, not least in terms of the ability of the recipient to survive the procedure and make the longest use out of the organ. An 89-year-old who needs a new heart yesterday will be lower on the list than a 29-year-old who could survive a few more months without it.

Remember all the furore about George Best being given a new liver despite the obvious indications that he would drink the **** out of it?

The fragility of any patient post-transplant cannot be overstated. Therefore the risk posed to an unvaccinated patient before, during and after the procedure is considerable. The opinion of the experts in this area is more important than any indignation about the criteria for it.

Access to organ transplantation is not a human right. Those waiting on a transplant are bound to honour the sacrifice of those who donate, by doing everything they can to maximise their suitability. If this now includes vaccination, then so be it.

Advertisement