Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Z Fold 3 Pre-Order

• 19-08-2021 9:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Anyone pre-order. Expected ship date 26th I think.

I wasn't going to but my Note 20 Ultra 5G returned to Samsung for repair under warranty and it can't be repaired. An identical replacement isn't available so I'm taking the refund option.

I went for Phantom Silver 512GB.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Kind of in two minds about it......coming from the Note 20 Ultra as well.

Would like to see how the form factor feels in long term use, but not sure it represents a real upgrade overall, especially when taking some of the Fold's endurance concerns into account up against a proven top tier phone.

Going from one justification to another over the last week, so not sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I pre ordered the Z flip 3 with virgin media. Anyone know how good they are with getting them out quick on launch? Can I expect to have it on the 27th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This and the Z Flip do look impressive but price is unbelievable both for bill pay and pre pray

Only got the s21 ultra in February and bar a few battery hiccups it's great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Had same issue with my fold 2. They were unable to repair it so they are refunding it.

Went with the Fold3 Phantom black 512GB. Also ordered Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. Manged to get 15 Percent student discount on top of the 10 percent pre-register discount

Seems lots of folks in UK are getting dispatches with delivery tomorrow. Samsung emailed to state they were arriving earlier. Fun fact, the 512GB version showed Aug 19th delivery when I was ordering and not the 26th it is showing now.

Hopefully they mange to get our orders out sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 virdibu234

Applebee’s wanna listen to your voice throughout the talktoapplebees.com to give you better satisfaction on the next visit at Applebee’s.

https://onlinesurveys.onl/talktoapplebees-com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm after getting a Shipped notification.....😀 Ordered 19th

Ordered a watch as well this morning but not shipped yet.

Is your UPS tracking working.

Placed my order last week, no sign of shipping yet. But I ordered with the watch so maybe that might have delayed it.

Caved in this morning and ordered the Fold.

Got the shipment notification a few hours after. Could be just the label creation, as opposed to being picked up, which would better indicate an early delivery. See if the status changes tonight/early next week.

I ordered the watch as well but on a separate order. That hasn't shipped yet so that might be the cause of your delay.

Label created is when it's ready for pick up. I'd say they're on palet waiting on UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Pre-ordered the Z Fold 3, Watch 4 & Buds2 on the 14th & no update on the order since then, website just says "ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED BY EXERTIS" Reading UK forums and both the watch & Fold 3 were delivered to a lot today

Aye....not unusual for them to get things moving in the background. All down to Exertis with regard to when they'll hand them over.....think I only ever got one phone direct from them prior to official release, and even then it was only the day before. If it moves early next week, grand, if it has to wait to until the 26th/27th, also good.

No change on the watch order on my end either FWIW. Separate from the Fold order etc

Same, ordered 13th, no change in order. Although I can't check status on Samsung, but that was the last status I seen before that page was gone. (checked out as guest but had an account with the same email).

Guessing the watches are causing our delay, but that sucks they didn't just send them separate.

Black 512GB

Seems so, a lot of watched delivered yesterday in the UK which makes it worse. The joys of being impatient!

Black would be the most popular models I'd say. Would stocks be the reason?

I ordered the silver.

Possibly. As long as I get it by launch day I'm not too bothered and once it's not a repeat of the S20 Ultra I pre-ordered and waited almost 6 weeks to get (after Exertis told me the launch was pushed back due to component shortages)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Dpd arrived a few mins ago with my z flip . All grand till he asked for the 4 digit code that I havnt received .

On to virgin for 20 mins and waiting on someone to call me back with it so I can ring the driver back and get my phone 😡

Edit, it's going to be Monday:( they've to email and request the right people send the code again but to the right number this time. Apparently they stopped emailing it out as well at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

Ordered the black model last night. Notification from UPS today for delivery on Tuesday.

Seeing things like this adds to my impatient-ness! :(

• Advertisement

Same here.

Getting worried feeling they don't have watched yet and we might be waiting even longer.

Likewise, but I'll give them until the official launch on Thursday before contacting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

How did you get 10% discount and is that still available? Thanks!

Looking at some unboxing videos...am I right in saying that the phone doesn't come with a charger, just a charging cable?

A 2K phone and the charger sold separately? I know one comes with the free Note pack but that has to be ordered after the phone arrives.

I got that via the pre-register for interest. Let me check if there is a way to still get it. Might be able to get it if you contact support. Suggest you never received it.

Post edited by Thor on

Yeap, Samsung followed Apple and other companies with the whole no longer including chargers in the box. It's a joke alright. Mad how budget and midrange phones still have chargers, but 2k phones don't. Really is so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

I thought the note pack would be just sent out with the phone? So there'll be something in with the phone to claim the note pack?

Seems it has to be claimed separately in Ireland. https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/starterkit/en-IE

If it came with, you could still claim another under that promotion?!

Cheers for that. Kind of looks like that's for participating retailers, seems odd I'd have to go through to this when I purchased from Samsung.

• Advertisement

Yep. Claimed after.

Tried claiming there just now. You need the IMEI to process it's no joy until you get your hands on the phone.

Mine is out for delivery BTW.....😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Going to wait and see how ye are getting on with them before I jump and buy

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Nice! I just ordered yesterday so just at label created now.

Shame about case now as I was planning on using that. Don't have another case for it.

Exertis run the Irish Samsung store for fulfillment and Exertis are on the list of acceptable retailers for the offer, for that reason.

Looks like my Fold 3 order of last night could be shipped today.

It will be. Mine was Label Created Friday morning....Shipped Friday evening and just delivered now.

I just applied for mine. You'll need to know your IMEI, then a photo of your settings screen showing your IMEI then you'll be asked to upload a copy of your invoice/receipt.

Dropped in the door this morning (Silver 512), but didn't have a look at till a little earlier. Haven't had it on or anything as yet, but impressed with the solidity of the unit. Hinge action feels good and durable......hopefully it remains that way for its lifespan. Crease is obviously very noticeable so hoping it fades into the background when content is on screen.

It'll be interesting to see how much use the narrow screen on the cover gets, as it's quite a departure from the standard Note etc....still thats not what it was bought for.

Leather cover looks well, has the sticker on the cover side though, so probably won't be chopping and changing cases much.

• Advertisement

Emailed exertis to find out if watch was the delay.

They said the phone has already shipped and should be with me today. Watch will ship tomorrow.

The tracking shows label created and notthing else but they were confident it had left the warehouse already. I'm guessing they meant today so should have it tomorrow.

Also, I was never emailed it was shipped.

Mine still shows order confirmed on Samsung site, frustrating!

EDIT: Contacted them and they said it's with UPS & gave me tracking details. At label created much like @Thor with watch & earbuds shipping later in the week

Post edited by bennyx_o on

Mine says 'shipped' on Samsung store (and got an email to say that too) but tracking still only says 'label created' on UPS site/app.

Probably UPS have picked up a pallet of parcels from Exertis and will scan them overnight. Fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow. Good timing as just picked up an old iphone I got repaired to use as trade-in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

256GB Z Flip 3 available in all colours on Amazon.de for €849.

Edit: €250 off voucher is available on the Z Fold 3 as well.

Nice price! I checked around for best price before ordering on Sunday and don't think that was available.

If you're eligible for 15% off the Fold 3 in the Irish Samsung store (e.g. Avant cardholder, employer discount or student), that's probably still a better deal: Amazon.de units in Ireland probably not eligible for the free pen/case/charger pack and the Irish store also includes hugely discounted screen replacement for the first year.

Plus 1 day shipping from Irish store. Mine is in Finglas UPS depot now, so hopefully here tomorrow.

Although, if you can somehow also avail of the €250 trade-in bonus on Amazon DE (even offered for an iPhone 6) that plus the voucher brings the Fold 3 price to about €1300, which is crazy compared to list.

• Advertisement

Still showing as just created for me, but guessing they haven't scanned them or updated the system with the pallet of orders they have.

My order from Sunday was scanned as "Out for delivery" at 3am. I assume that means it was loaded on a truck that then left at a sensible hour.

UPS must have a load of these, I hope the depot security is good!

Yeah my Sunday order is out for delivery today too.

I've always had Galaxy Notes, strange buying something I'm not sure I'll love ha. But got the 15% off with work and 10% pre order so felt it was worth a try anyway!

My tracking just shows as 'On the way' since 3am - no out of delivery just yet (unless this is UPSs way of saying Out for Delivery) but says delivery by end of the day. Spigen case I ordered from Amazon.de out for delivery today too

Received phone and flip case/pen/charger claim was approved immediately upon submitting.

The Irish models are dual SIM, so the IMEI needed to claim is the second one on the tiny label on the back (I haven't got far enough in device setup to read it from settings!).

Spigen cases are nice. Had 2 delivered today. Spigen Thin Fit and Spigen Air Skin.

Lovely fit and very little bulk.added.

My claim for the Note pack has been approved. Just got notification. I'll have it in 2 working days.

That they are, had them on most of my recent phones. Annoying that Amazon UK won't ship them here though. I went with the thin fit case in the end, think it looks best. Was tempted by the Slim Armour Pro but not tempted by the €90 price!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Watch 4 ordered yesterday from samsung, shipped just there.

Z FLip 3 ordered last thurs, got shipped saturday.

But UPS f**ked up and mis-sorted it....D'oh

My Fold got delivered earlier - just opened it and starting to set up - impressive device so far

Yeah mine arrived too.

I was worried about the crease and the outer screen. But the crease has really disappeared for me. And find the outer screen fine for typing too. The inner screen is great and the speakers are great too.

It's a shame that more apps don't make use of the inner screen. Twitter/sofascore/sync for reddit are apps I use a lot. Twitter and sofascore are just stretched and it looks kind of poor imo. Sync for reddit has just added extra columns and it's very busy. Also using Samsung launcher as Nova Launcher wouldn't allow me different setups per screen. Same with swiftkey, can't have thumb setup on big screen and normal on outer. Lot of software things a bit disappointing to be honest. Even the Google feed app when swiping right on large screen the images are obviously low res and Show up poorly on large screen.

Maybe things will improve with Google foldables coming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement