Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

No. I am mad at myself for, in stuffed pillow fashion, not “inventing” the stuffed Trump teddy bear that sold to so many bikers back in 2016. Wonders. Will there be a secondary 2024 market?

🤑🤑

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Jaysus that Lindell lad is mad as a bag of shpiders.

Says all you need to know about Trump supporters if they believe anything that comes out of that unhinged guys mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

"I'm not a computer guy, and I don't know what most of this stuff is..."

One of the speakers at the so-called cyber conference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

Now now. This is Trump supporters you're talking about, if they had knowledge, they wouldn't be his supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Seriously please address what I mentioned and not go off on tangents. Nowhere did I reference anything about bamboo. I have posted at least two links that reference the team at the core of the "Forensic audit" that you mention. One of the links is posted in the post you just responded to. you also claim to know nothing about this team but they are at the very centre of the audit.

Actually, I will go to the bother of referencing one of the links here again https://apnews.com/article/arizona-election-2020-e31f6eb911adb01086281291ca9e6dcf

I will also ask you for a third time if the forensic audit does not uncover what you are hoping it uncovers where will that leave you in your belief that the election was rigged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Still don't know what you want. If you're asking me about the company that was picked to perform the forensic... I guess they're doing a good job. The fact that the democrat handmaidens in the media is attacking them left and right proves to me they're probably doing a good job. Will I accept the findings if the results of the forensic audit determines Biden won... yes. More importantly though if it determines there were substantial problems and legitimate concerns with the 2020 election I hope legislation is created to correct them for the next election.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Have you one shred of evidence there was election fraud on a large enough scale to swing the election?

any response to my comments about Maricopa county? Or are you going to dogs that?

they/them/theirs

A bit of hyperbole perhaps, but your side keeps calling Trump a fascist. Seems only fitting to refer to those states in the same manner, right? If one is then the others are... right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Ive answered questions about Maricopa county, ad nauseum. Not right for you all to keep hitting me with the same questions over and over again.

As for evidence... once again, the forensic audit results will determine if Biden one or if there is enough proof to say Trump won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Trump got the police to attack people exercising their 1A right, he deliberately downplayed the worst pandemic in 100 years, he radicalized people who plotted to capture and kill a state Governor and he incited an insurrection in an attempt to over turn a democratic election.

I think all these acts make it appropriate to refer to him as a fascist. The Blue states who prop up the Federal Government from a financial standpoint do no such things.

Hyperbole is one thing, flat out nonsensical comparisons are another.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, you've answered very little questions directed at you. But I think that it would show (again) that you haven't a single clue about what you spew

Would you not want some evidence in order to start the audit though?

As for not answering the questions, you were the one who brought Maricopa county up as some sort of smoking gun. I didn’t actually ask you any questions about it, I made some very clear points about the voters of that county.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump said to Jim Acosta of CNN, and I quote - "When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people."

Trouble with this quote is that over the course of Trump's presidency, he has defined fake news as basically anything that criticises or contradicts him. Notice that he has never called Newsmaxx and OANN's reporting of electoral fraud fake news, despite it being verifiably fake (they backed down from the claims once Dominion brought legal action), and wouldn't even disavow QAnon, only saying that he didn't know much about it, but he did appreciate that they liked him.

So when if you're an enemy of the people when you report fake news, but fake news in Trump's book is anything which makes him look bad or disagrees with a line he's pushing, then he's saying that you are an enemy of the people if you speak out against him, and yes that is most definitely fascistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I found over the last few days the posts starting with ‘even CNN are saying’ and the like hilarious, they spent the last probably 5 years calling anything that didn’t agree with Trump fake news or saying MSM like it was some evil thing but as soon as it’s something they agree with there is a rush to point out how they are being truthful on this. These people don’t see that the likes of fox and oan are the very worst at doing what they claim the likes of CNN did. All the stations & organisations have bias but the liberal media and indeed plenty of liberals are happy to call out mistakes that are being made because that’s what people not on board a cult train are able to do. Joe isn’t held up as bastion of everything liberals believe and they are able to call out hid faults and mistakes but Trumps followers spent 4 years thinking everything he did was the right thing to do and that’s not something a rational person does.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,635 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Do you have timeline on when these 'forensic audits ' are due to report?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,023 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Get him to define fascism. And how it applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Detritus70

There is no evidence and you know there is no evidence. You're just bleating the phrase "forensic audit" without the first clue what it actually is.

You might as well say "it's got electrolytes", that is the basic standard of your non argument. People whining about the election is nothing more than a toddler tantrum and the "forensic" "audit" is mammy looking under the bed and in the cupboard to make sure there are no monsters hiding there.

If this audit can prove for a fact that Trump won, I will donate €1000 to a charity of your choice. And if you want to put your money where your sizable mouth is, you will agree likewise if you got the trouser content to shake on this.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'll second your donation, not to €1000 but that is a pot I'd happily throw a hundred quid at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Unfortunately, even if agreed, it won't happen, they will find some pretend evidence (like the packets and DeWalt routers) that won't stand up to the tiniest bit of scrutiny but it will enable them to weasel out of admitting they were spectacularly, stupendously, dumbfoundingly incorrect.

And no matter how stupid it is, it will be part of their narrative into the future including a big dumb message about it from the orange fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Not a great week for the Trump obsessed Biden fanboys on here with the Afghanistan mess and now an FBI report saying there was no co-ordinated plot by trump supporters it overturn the election results., The people who broke in had no idea what to do when they got into the place. But they did break the law and are being charged as they should. But Democrats calling it an organized Coup, looks like they are wrong Again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'm not sure if "trump supporters even dumber than initially thought" would count as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Only difference, Trump would have wiped his ass with Afghanistan far sooner.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/politicususa/status/1429081033425788936?s=19

A mess your hero and his racist adviser created.

And are you really celebrating the fact that Trump supporters were too stupid to figure out how to organise a coup?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump has a real opening given events in the last few days. Whether he or his team are smart enough to capitalise remains to be seen.

It's been a catastrophic week for Biden and the dems by any measure.

Of course Trump started the ball rolling on the Afghanistan disaster but all that matters is perception and Biden is behind the wheel on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

An "opening" how?

The Reps have been very quiet on this and we all know why. Biden may be on the stage, but it's Trump's songs he's singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,479 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

For this to be an even remote prospect,Trump will have to explain in detail how he would have done things differently, and the American people, or a sizeable fraction of them, will have to judge that that course would have likely produced a significantly better outcome. I won't be holding my breath...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I don't think he'll have to explain anything in detail. That's not how he operates.

This man got 74 million votes in the election. He is far from some beaten docket.

He still represents a serious threat in 2024, and dems will take a hiding at the mid terms.

He most certainly does have a platform now from which to attack.

I believe he has a rally tonight in Alabama in fact.

The events of the last week are very damaging to democrats and are a god send for Trump.

Whether he's able to take full advantage is the question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement