Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What makes him a terrible president this week? Should he have sent more troops into Afghanistan and continued fighting a war? It is funny watching the hysterics from the GOP supporters when their enforced plan actually got enacted. Biden has taken responsibility for it and getting people out safely. Should the be bringing lots of Afghani refugees over with them MisterAnarchy? We all know what your answer will be so it will be interesting if you have the fortitude to say it. Were you too embarrassed on your GBNews link from earlier to comment on that as well?

The fact that he called Kamala "General" in a speech earlier then referred to her as the Secretary of Defense was pretty wild

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

source? She was an Attorney General at one point I should note. Beside that, I'd be doubtful if Biden's gotten any solid sleep this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Speaking of truly terrible presidents...

At least Biden is taking responsibility while this weasel tries to whitewash his role in it.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It's because he's not their God, Donald Trump.

They'd queue up to suck him off, this lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

compared to Putin, biden is chaotic and looks lost He is to old for the job

• Registered Users Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

He clearly meant they were gone as a major force, not completely.

You can't just state what the POTUS says without proper context and interpretation. Or have the rules changed again?

I am glad that you know acknowledge that CNN, far from the biased fake news that Trump claimed, is holding Biden to account in a way that the likes of Fox,OANN etc, never did with Trump. If nothing else, hopefully Bidens time as POTUS will bring more Trump supporters like yourself back closer to rational and critical thinking rather than the loyalty at all costs you fell into under Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

When CNN is turning on Biden, you know **** is bad.

Hilarious that the "MsM bAd" crowd are now quoting CNN at will after years of slating them as "fake news". Guess it's only fake when they say something bad about Donnie but not Biden. Hypocritical idiots 😂

Hey I never said CNN was fake news. I watch it. I've noticed a definite change the past few days is all I'm saying.

Never supported trump either. Weird how the rabid trump and the rabid Biden supporters act exactly the same way but they would never admit it lol.

• Advertisement

They aren't turning on anybody, they are holding people to account, just like they always do.

The only difference is that now you accept it because it suits your biased view, when they held Trump to account you dismissed it as fake news as otherwise you would have to accept your belief in Trump was misguided.

But it is great to see so many are starting to pay attention to more media outlets. Which of course is against what Trumo wants so maybe, slowly, the spell is being broken.

I didn't do any of that though because I never said it was fake news and I didn't have a belief in trump. And CNN has been my go to news channel for years btw. So...

So why claim they are turning on Biden when , as a watcher of CNN, you know they are not a fan club and have had negative reports on Biden before.

Because I notice a definite change in their reporting. I dont read their website generally. Maybe the negative things were on there, but I can honestly say that on air I've never seen them push back against Biden and not to this extent. But then I don't watch 24/7 or anything. Can you link to clips where they had a negative report about one of his policies prior to this maybe?

That post wasn't directed at you. I am not a "rabid" Biden supporter and welcome him being criticised when it's warranted. I was just highlighting the hypocrisy of the Trumpists again.

That's fair enough. Thanks. I'm not a trumpist and also not a "bidenist" even though I was labelled as the former in a post prior to this just for even vaguely criticizing Biden and also mentioning CNN. Its ridiculous but luckily not something I have come across in real life living in the US.

Which of his policies do you believe could merit negative reporting? I'll then post the links relative to those policies.

The poster I was replying to said they (cnn) had negative reports before, not me. I havent seen those so maybe ask them?

You said you noticed a definite change in their reporting. What do you mean by that? You say they don't usually push back against Biden to this extent. If you are surprised by that, then you must feel that they had legitimate reasons to push back in the past but didn't. For what policies was that?

If you're not surprised by that, then CNN are reporting exactly as expected and there has been no change to their reporting as you suggest. They are highlighting any potential issues in a political party regardless of what party that is like any good media outlet would.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I don't think any fair-minded person is calling him a terrible president purely on the basis of what's happening in Afghanistan. The big failure here was not anticipating the sudden and total collapse of the Afghan state and having the evacuation plan ready to roll in that eventuality. It's not clear to what extent that is Biden's personal failure but ultimately the buck stops with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭TobyHolmes

The poster merely made an comment on how CNN is not supporting Biden in this instance and a number of you jump all over the poster for it. CNN is well known for being targeted towards more liberal people while Fox is targeted towards more conservative people People who want a good balance of media tend to have to go through various outlets to get a good slant on things as we all know that peoples understanding of politics comes from the outlets that they trust so best spread it wide. yes CNN is questioning Biden on this rather than being like ABC who are apparently editing videos of interviews gone wrong. For the poster to say that does not mean the poster is a trump follower for goodness sake. I think any talk on afghanistan needs to go to another thread because the posters on here are still classisfying posts as either Trump supporting or Biden supporting. Some people dont support either or just citing opinions without having those opinions originate from the political spectrum or maybe what has happened has changed some people's view on something held previously.

I never mentioned anything about the political affiliation of this poster. Perhaps you should take your own advice and head to the Afghanistan thread if that story is what you're primarily interested in.

No it isn't. The only thing worse than someone incorrectly affiliating someone with a political party is someone incorrectly calling someone out for incorrectly affiliating someone with a political party

The poster quite clearly said he is not a supporter of Trump many times. I am merely questioning how he has come to his conclusion about what he believes is an inherent bias in CNN reporting.

The collapse was in motion since the peace agreement was put in place last year, the speed of it wasn't expected but the end point was, it looks like the evac has gone relatively OK with the Taliban letting them get on with it.

I would ask are you in favour in taking in all the Afghan refugees who don't want to live under the Taliban? As that's the real problem to be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well I'm not going to take them all into my own house.😶

The total the current evacuation is taking out looks like it'll be well below 100K. Surely the whole of the civilised world can manage that many? The NGOs are calling for Ireland to take 1,000; I'd say we can handle that even in straitened circumstances.

Beyond that it's not clear what will happen. Might the Taliban not try to seal the borders and prevent a mass exodus, to give the impression they're not failing their people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I don't know how you're saying that the end point was expected. Only 4 weeks ago when asked if the Taliban takeover was inevitable he said "no, it is not". Now with Blitzkrieg speed the Taliban have taken control with tens of thousands of American citizens and Afghan allies effectively trapped behind enemy lines.

There's a big difference between "was it inevitable" and "can it happen" I suspect the question was asked the former way to generate a story.

But, as I said, I'm sure the GOP supporters on here will be falling over themselves to welcome in the Afghani refugees now that their withdrawal plan has been implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Their ratings are in the toilet so maybe they have a new policy now to garner viewers.

Their programmes are more scripted than a soap opera.

Advertisement