Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour is Selling, won't deal with me re party wall agreement

Options
  • 03-06-2021 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there
    My neighbour behind me signed a party wall agreement with me in 2019, and he subsequently sold the house in 2020.

The new owner is now selling up but refuses to engage with me. I have called in over a dozen times, left notes in the door, and also contact the estate agents.

I just want to check that during his acquisition last year, that the seller's solicitor communicated the party wall agreement.

The house is now Sale Agreed and I have run out of options. The estate agent won't give me the seller solicitor's information
    What should/can I do?
    Thanks
    C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Conor.d2 wrote: »
    Hi there
    My neighbour behind me signed a party wall agreement with me in 2019, and he subsequently sold the house in 2020.

The new owner is now selling up but refuses to engage with me. I have called in over a dozen times, left notes in the door, and also contact the estate agents.

I just want to check that during his acquisition last year, that the seller's solicitor communicated the party wall agreement.

The house is now Sale Agreed and I have run out of options. The estate agent won't give me the seller solicitor's information
    What should/can I do?
    Thanks
    C

Look up the land direct website and purchase the online copy of the property documents. You will get the registered owners name there and also maybe the party wall agreement is on it. And then see what other publicly available information is available for the owner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You made the agreement with the original owner. Now the new owners buy as seen on site.

Why do you need another party wall agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Was the agreement registered against the title of the property?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Conor.d2

No the agreement was not registered. I didnt know that I had to do this

Does this mean that an agreeement is not legally binding unless it is registered against the property title?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Janey, consult a lawyer!

• Advertisement

Definitely get a solicitor involved. This area of law is complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Conor.d2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

OK, take advice on the internet.

I promise you, advice from a lawyer (probably €100 or so for something like this)* will be cheaper in the end.

• Not a professional estimate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

You are, if you are interested in getting this resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Really . Your that tight. . Boards doesn't give legal advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement