Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Yes it is very impressive so far. He is a standout. Almost looks like a senior already. Some great scores taken from all over the team. Buckley is very lively. Finn with another sideline.

The tackling and hounding of galway players is very impressive too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Cork were going to rise at some stage. They love their hurling too much for them not to be successful for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Goal for cork.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

1-19 v 0-10 at the second water break

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not knowing the difference between arrogance and confidence based on knowledge is a common occurrence.

Dont blame yourself for not knowing the difference.

Cork win on a scoreline of 1-23 v 0-12

19th Minor hurling title.

• Advertisement

Great win for Cork badly needed. 2001 is a lifetime since a win in this grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Great win. Two down and one to go tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭SophieLockhart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭SophieLockhart

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That was just sublime stuff by the Cork Minors.

The red wave is rising.

I still think Limerick will just have a bit too much for us tomorrow but the buzz in Cork hurling is back and long may it continue.

If we are there with 10 minutes to go tomorrow I think we will cause a upset but I just think limerick experience and physical presence will be little too much.

But we had no chance in 1966, 1986, 1990 and 1999 either. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Congratulations to the Cork Minor team on a brilliant performance.

Hopefully will be an inspiration to the seniors tomorrow.

Nothing is certain in sport. Just look at 2010. Kilkenny were unstoppable and unbeatable and look what Tipp did that day. That Kilkenny team were miles ahead of this Limerick team. Cork shouldn't fear Limerick. Respect them yes fear them no. I think Cork can win tomorrow once they stay will Limerick and put them under pressure. Impossible is nothing. Possible is everything. We should have beaten Limerick in 2018. We beat them in 2019. We can beat them again I feel. No silly mistakes and smart play and I think we will be right in there.

That minor team won all their games by at least 10 points. Average winning margin was 19 points.

Going to be a long while until some other minor team matches that. A real generational team that hopefully can continue on.

OK, I think we will win tomorrow as I have thought all along for ages that we have the ingredients but it wasn't coming together for various reasons. The kilkenny game was massive for us as I think the players have now totally bought into it all and I really think the best is yet to come. I feel like a perfect storm is brewing and I hope I am not wrong.

If we can keep up with them until the last few minutes I think we can really power on. Going to be a real humdinger though!

I think yellow cards will play a part in this. You can see a limerick player powering through on goal and us taking him down but you can also see a Cork player flying in on goal getting flattened. It could hinge on that kind of thing!

Here is to a great match anyway and Corcaigh Abu!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Few lads from that team will have big days out for the Seniors. Fine bunch of men on the lines and even finer men on the field. James Dywer gave a great speech. 2 down, 1 to go. No matter what happens tomorrow, Cork hurling is buzzing. Oh to oh to be...

What is a Limerick supporter doing on a Cork thread posting this bull?

In all the excitement, the draw for the Camogie Championship was made and Cork will be playing old foes Kilkenny in the semi final.

It will be on next Sunday 29th August in Croke Park as well as the other semi that sees Tipp play Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

Relax will you, it was obvious from my post that I was teasing.

It is a long time since Cork won anything - and it is great to see them back with such vibrant teams across all levels, with a focus on the skill level. I would just point to the two brilliant U21 teams that were beaten in All Irelands in 18/19 after destroying a lesser Tipp team in the munster final. Never assume anything in advance - and it does seem that Limerick are pretty grounded, probably helped by Kiely.

I was on the canal end in 1990 when Joe Cooney gave a masterclass in H1 but Cork won a cracker, was there in 2013 for the replay v Clare, and will be there tomorrow.

• Advertisement

All Ireland Final Day !

Can't beat that feeling of anticipation!

I just want to fast forward a few hours to throw in!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,157 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Same. Its just a lovely feeling to be back in one. You nearly forget what it was like for while.

Time for Cork to win an All Ireland. 16 years is too long. Hopefully today is the day and Horgan can retire on a high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

he needs one more year to become top scorer....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Best of luck to Cork. Lovely to see all the flags and decorations around East Cork.

The excitement is palpable, my gang are gone up,not all have a ticket but they travelled anyway. I'm just home from shopping and there's a great atmosphere around, most wearing red and white and obviously stocking up for the match. Fingers crossed it's a great match and we will be celebrating later

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Best of luck to the Cork team and management today.

We've been underdogs in the past and done the business.

Rebels Abu.

I think our forwards are actually letting us down so far. Limerick almost walking it out and giving them a platform to pummel our defence. You cant keep this great limerick team out if you are under relentless attack.

When you see the minor or U20 game no opposition forward strode out easily. Here it is happening non stop

• Advertisement

Our full back line under fierce pressure because of the quality of the ball being out in. No pressure being applied by our forwards at all.

Advertisement