Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’d agree that those posters with foolish comments about Cork being more skilful probably are not from Cork at all. If they are they certainly are the exception.

Every Cork supporter I’ve spoken to in the last couple of weeks is hopeful we can pull off a shock but under no illusions as to the size of the task. Limerick will have to underperform and we’ll have to perform really really well. Anything short of that and Limerick should win. But hopeful we should be. No point going into a final if you don’t believe you can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

I think people are confusing skill with easy on the eye hurling. People have this view that Cork hurlers are more wristy, snappy, tastier hurlers and that is true overall in my opinion, even though lads like Cian Lynch and Peter Casey have that out of their eyeballs too. However that's only one small aspect of overall skill as a player. Limerick are clearly a cut above the rest overall skill wise. That doesn't mean they're infallible. I think we've the right hurlers to beat them and tomorrow might be that day. I'd make Limerick very comfortable favourites but stranger things have happened in hurling. People in Cork are quietly confident they can get a result but we're mostly very realistic about what will happen tomorrow. Empty vessels always make most noise, and the GAA attracts them like flies on **** so obviously you'll have the eejits blowing up their own county.

It's funny, I'm unbelievably nervous for Limerick's chances. It's very, very hard to stop a team or county with momentum, and for all the talk that the "treble" won't matter tomorrow, it's bound to have a subconscious effect if not an overt one, imo. Think there has very little between the sides since 2018 tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

best of luck to to both teams Tomorrow, may the best team (Limerick) win😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked/discussed…. Long evening of reminiscing and looking forward to to tomorrow’s final, what’s the process tomorrow if it’s a draw after normal time , is it a replay or extra time and penalties??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

From a quick Google, looks like ET and penalties - no replay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's a replay after extra time.

Limerick by 8 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Best of luck to Limerick today.

Quick question - I'm not a massive hurling fan, so wasn't looking out for Up For the Match - the show with Grainne Seoige & Co that is on the eve of the All-Ireland.

Was it on last night (obviously with social distancing). I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

If it wasn't on for the hurlers, will hardly be on for the footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

Last few days spent of watching the fantastic Cork U20s and minors really shows the great work being done down there. A force to be reckoned with in the future no doubt.

Today they'll be obliterated and lose by 10+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

You are correct, Limerick are by merit the best team in Ireland. Cork are just going up to fill the numbers today and will be just there to admire these great Limerick hurlers. We know Limerick are the All Ireland champions of 2021 and Cork just there to fulfill the fixture. We all know in Cork that this is a dead rubber and that Limerick have their name on the cup already. Well done to Limerick for winning the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Best of luck to both teams today. Hope we have a classic. Hope there are no serious injuries. Best wishes to the ref and his team. It's a tough and thankless job and i hope he gets the major decisions right.

My gut would say Limerick by 3 points and to cement their reputation as a great team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Wexford 95 25th anniversary.. Only Martin Storey allowed. Disaster. Would love to have seen(probably not on RTÉ) the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Yeah it wasn't on. One positive to take from the Covid pandemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cork by 4

Jesus be lovely to be in Croke Park today. Nothing beats All Ireland final day

Out of the Last 21 years Only Dublin and Wexford not to taste All Ireland Senior Hurling final day

2019 was Wexfords best chance while 2013 was Dublins chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

Limerick all the way today. The Cork forwards won't score enough to win today. Limerick will have 11-12 scorers over the 70 minutes. Cork have had a good year, but they're not at Limerick's level yet.

The only question is can Cork hurt Limerick at any stage in the game. A combination of Tipp changing tactics and Limerick trying something new left Tipp routing Limerick for 25 minutes, but Limerick counteracted that and went back to business for the third quarter.

Limerick in my mind are the most tactically aware team in the country. They are innovators, moving Kyle Hayes to wing back was inspired, creating space for him to burst forward is not an accident, there pre planned moves. Same way within games, they create particular moves, like how you see Hegarty racing into open space at left half forward and scoring.

I suspect that this year will be seen as a turning point for Cork hurling, superb Minors and U 20s both teams with some outstanding individuals and the seniors breaking their Croke Park hoodoo and a team with a strong bench and a defined personality are all a huge step forward for Cork, but today will show where they are versus the current best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's at least a year too early for Cork imo. Limerick to win by 5 or 6 points. Luimneach Abu.

Limerick by 9

40,000 in attendance... That's a start I suppose...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t know how to feel about the game. Being from Cork I’d love to see cork win to cap off a great five days for cork hurling but it is Limerick we are playing and they aren’t all Ireland champs for nothing. I hope that cork can stay with Limerick and if we are there or there abouts with ten minutes to go, then you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The referee needs to be firm today and unafraid to issue red cards for cynical and dirty play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Limerick by a huge margin unless a red card is issued (as Donal og just alluded to)

Limerick really do push the boundaries

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Best of luck to the Cork team and management today.

We've been underdogs in the past and pulled it off.

Rebels Abu.

Should be packed to the rafters. Full houses all across England this weekend but 50% capacity in good old Ireland. Some nonsense.

Great to hear the crowd noise. Let’s hope we get a good game.

Shut up Marty you absolute idiot. Embarrassing.

Over to Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

ah jaysus - would someone unplug Marty

He is insufferable.

Never shuts up talking, and 99% of it is rubbish.

There is about 5 of that Limerick team that have the physique to play professional rugby

• Advertisement

Looks like there's way more than 40 thousand there.

Well **** it.

Ah this wont be competitive for long

They are ruthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Lively start to the game.

Well that’ll do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Haha I talk a lot of bolix

What a goal by Kingston, good decision to start him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Throw ball by Cian Lynch in lead up to goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Isn’t there meant to be social distancing of 6 feet? So that would be 4-5 seats empty between each pod and not 1 seat which is what we have here in Croke Park. Sure either do it right or don’t do it at all and let 80,000 in.

The water break might be actually needed if they keep going at this pace.

• Advertisement

Two throws by Lynch for 1-1... be better off just getting rid of the handpass or else let people throw it.

A bit mad that the two teams only travelled up this morning on a fecking train. Surely they could splash out on a hotel in Dublin for a night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Surely a yellow for Hayes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

An amount of thrown passes by both teams..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Elbow into the head. Really lucky not to have got a card.

Longest advantage in history there. Should be over once the next player loses it/scores.

Limerick are at their filth already.

Is it extra time or replay ?

Good game so far

Jesus Christ.

Cork full-back line all over the place. They really need a sweeper in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement