Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion - 2024 All Ireland Hurling Champions

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How long until the bullying is used as his excuse for walking away?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Figerty

Road trip... 6 hours... clocking up the milage...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If anyone believes that he was driving from/to home after every training session/match I've some magic beans I'll gladly sell them

When he does it it's for the love of hurling/Clare/Bridge/Waterford/Wexford, when it happens to him it's a vindictive campaign against him.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know.

Rumours I'm hearing is that he's taking a "break" from intercounty management but will make himself available to help the Under 20s next year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

a famous horseracing trainer from the wexford area was very helpful with his helicopter , even if mr fitz wasnt exactly complementry twards the man at times

Few results from the start of the football championship , miltown surendered a 3 point lead in injury time to kilmurry in the big game of the weekend in group 1

Group 2 , St Breckans had a comfortable win over Doora/Barefield in corofin , two goals from joe mcgann , and a maccon byrne effort the diffrence in a comfortable win , kilmihil had a comfortable win over kilrush who have it all to do to avoid a relegation battle now

IFC

One game in in group one tonight , kildysart eventually saw off a deacent michael cusacks effort

GROUP 1

KIB 2-07 2-07 Miltown

GROUP 2

St Breckans 3-08 0-09 Doora/Barefield

Kilmihil 1-13 0-10 Kilrush

IFC Group 1

Kildysart 0-17 0-10 Michael Cusacks

• Advertisement

Day two of the football championship weekend and few surprises in the senior championship , Eire Og are looking good in group 3 , the townies are currently the back bone of the senior intercounty side and will have a serious say in the championship , lissycasey were flat but will improve , Doonbeg saw off a poor clondegad side in the park tonight , the bally boys finished the game with 13 men and have it al to do now not to finish bottom of the group and face the relegation quagmire

At iintermeadite level Corofin flexed their muscles against the men from the west in a comfortable 12 point win , and join kildysart as favorites for promoation , good win for kilfenora over neighbours liscannor , shannon gaels and o'currys finshed in stalemate while a covid case the shannon camp meens wolfe tones and coolmeen must play in two weeks time ,

the banner beat the arch rivals 2nd string in gurteen tonight to pretty much consolidate their status for next year already , they only won the 2020 Junior A championship last week

Results: Senior Football Championship:

Cratloe: 1 - 13 Cooraclare; 0 - 10

Doonbeg: 0 - 09 Clondegad: 0 - 06

Eire Og: 3 - 10 Lissycasey: 0 - 09

Intermediate Football Championship:

Corofin: 2 - 19 Naomh Eoin: 2 - 07

Banner: 3 - 05 Eire Og: 1 - 10

Kilfenora: 3 - 16 Liscannor: 1 - 05

Shannon Gaels: 0 - 11 O'Curry's: 1 - 08

Wolfe tones P-P Coolmeen

Junior Football Championship

KIB (2) P-P Kilkee

Kilimer 2-16 - 2-10 Doora/B (2)

Ballyvaughen W/O V Meelick

Big win for the Banner, important for the town for them to stay up in my opinion, Ennis is too big to have only 1 club.

In other results, Milltown won't be happy letting KIB back into it, they're out again next weekend, that group will be a tough 1 to get out of.

Popped up in my Facebook feed earlier, that's the games development officer for Clare GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Clare Echo reporting today that Peter Duggan has returned from Australia and play for Quin Clooney in the championship. Big boost for them but good to see Peter back hurling in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

i hope he is home for longer then just the summer , i doubt it though i hear hes doing fairly well outside , cooraclare had sean o'donohue home for their game against cratloe but is is gone back since , was probably one of the best players on the field which shows how much tallent we lose on a regular basis ,

great inter county hurling championship this year its such a shame we didnt get past cork , it was open country after that game and anyones all ireland final , fair play to them today i hope they win in the final, if they do we will be having regular nightmares about patrick collins until we reach the grave 😂

perfect choice he was a huge loss to the clare underage setup when working with the bridge , he was heavily involved in the last underage success we enjoyed in this county lets hope peter can deliver again ,

as you can see if hes not coaching hurling you can be sure to find him telling a story or singing a song in a watering hole somewhere between lahinch and ballyvaughan 🤪

First couple of evenings in the hurling, the Bridge had a comfortable win against the Magpies, Wolfe Tones double scores against Scariff, Cratloe 7 points better than Crusheen and Inagh-Kilnamona & Newmarket win their games by 2 & 3 points respectively.

First off, group 2 is a farce, Scariff and Clarecastle are just going to play a relegation playoff battle while the Bridge saunter through. I watch the game last night and I don't think the Bridge ever got out of second gear.

Newmarket beating Eire Og was a big shock to me, talking to the townies Reidy was a big loss but SoD coming on gave them hope, sorry but if a club with the pick the size of Eire Og is reliant on 1 or 2 players it's a bad sign for the town.

I watched a lot of the Cratloe Crusheen game, Cratloe were just that bit cuter, 7 points probably isn't a fair reflection on the difference between the teams but 3 scores would be (if that makes sense).

I didn't see the Inagh Kilmaley game, I paid the €25 and hoped to be able to watch it this evening so ignored it while the football was on, speaking to someone who was at it Inagh put on an exhibition of hurling after half time and pulled away.

Second weekend of the weekend and the big result of the weekend is Inagh beating the Mills, hard to see anyway losing 2 games and getting through in that group so you'd imagine that's the Mills out. Kilmaley beating Whitegate was to be expected. The game between Inagh and Clonlara will probably be to decide who tops the, with Inagh to play Whitegate in the last round you'd expect them to come through with it between Clonlara and Kilmaley for the last spot, saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the Mills beat Kilmaley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Some nice hurling between Meelick and Smith O'Brien's...😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

i think inagh/k are a very interesting team this year , Eugene foudy is a really good coach and they have a serious half backilne and midfield , when they click they look really good , but go flat for too long in there games , today in the second half they went tem minuets without a scoer and 15 mins without one from play they have had two great wins but still need to find another gear to really test the likes of the bridge and cratloe

in this neck of the woods their is a large kilmaley following and they are and have been bullish for a few years now about challenging , im not sure though they probably will beat the mills but i think 3rd in the group is about as good as they can get , clonlara and inagh to top the group . another 1/4 final exit for the blues if you ask me

Inagh need 1 win out of Clonlara and WG to go through, you'd imagine they'll get through.

Clonlara need to win 2 out of Inagh, WG and Kilmaley to go through.

Kilmaley need 2 wins out of Mills and Clonlara to go through.

Kilmaley have a lot of players playing football as well as hurling, can't see them managing the work load to win the 2 last games, the game against the Mills will be a dinger though and then it's a knockout against Clonlara.

Clonlara has looked the best in their 1 outing, Conlon was immense at full forward and I can see them going far this year. I didn't bother with this weekends games, €12 for 2 games was a little bit too steel for me, I would have gladly have paid €100 for the season if they offered it though.

i bought both games , not many people up at 12 today about 150 watching only but i am led to belive they get alot of people watching back , are clonlara as good as inagh/k

Clonlara looked good except for their wides, Conlon as a target man is almost unplayable.

In reality are the Mills are out of the championship? That won't stop the Mills from putting up a battle but it's likely they will lose out on a head-to-head match-up unless there is a 3-way tie for second place? If they beat Kilmaley and Whitegate they have 4 points but lose out on the head-to-head against either two. It is possible that score difference comes into it but that's not likely for a Q-Final place in a 5 team group with the results so far. Whitegate is going to be in for a tough time on the basis of score difference potentially bring strong finishes from the other teams.

If they lose or draw to Kilmaley, they are more or less out. The teams you lose to are now as important as the number of losses.

Post edited by Figerty on

Inagh and Clonlara will both beat WG, that'll have Inagh on 3 wins and in 1 of the top 2 places, The Mills will want Inagh and Kilmaley to beat Clonlara and for themselves to beat Kilmaley, that's 3 results to go their way in 3 tight matches. Doesn't help the Mills either that their bye week is the last week.

Most likely to happen for me is Kilmaley beat the Mills and Clonlara beat IK & Kilmaley for IK and Clonlara, saying that WG always have a good performance in them so don't write them off just yet.

If your scenario comes into play, Clonlara will have already qualified by the time they play Kilmaley, and Kilmaley will have to win. As I said the order of the matches now becomes very important as the results have played out.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭caddy16

Based on what I've seen so far I think combo and Clonlara will get through comfortably enough. I can't see Kilmaley beating Clonlara although Cleary is probably the ideal man for Conlon, Clonlara are superior in the middle third. Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Mills beating Kilmaley. Whitegate in relegation playoff imo.

• Advertisement

With the competitive nature of the junior championship I can't see any players being rested although IK vs Clonlara could be tasty so a few reds could be given out

Advertisement