Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying Peugeot 3008 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭horse7

Bit of a bummer that the allure has no sat nav. (Not a smartphone user).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

horse7 wrote: »
    Bit of a bummer that the allure has no sat nav. (Not a smartphone user).

Weirdo... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

I bought a new 3008 GT-Line 1.2 auto a few weeks ago. I generally love the car but there’s a serious amount of wind noise coming in around the doors/windows, and possibly the sunroof. It’s noticeable from 40km/h and is intolerable on the motorway. I’ve driven 6 or 7 different 3008s as rental cars over the last year and never noticed any wind noise at all.

It’s booked into the dealer next week to investigate, but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience that got rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MACDiddy

Just ordered the 1.2 GT line auto, metallic, satnav, electric tailgate and grip control.

Got the satnav because i think otherwise the HUD is pointless (just spinning dials, fun but pointless) and the centre console is overworked (radio, climate etc.). Got grip control for the 3 days a year when we get snowed in (worth it for €300) and the electric tailgate just because its cool.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

MACDiddy wrote: »
    Just ordered the 1.2 GT line auto, metallic, satnav, electric tailgate and grip control.

Got the satnav because i think otherwise the HUD is pointless (just spinning dials, fun but pointless) and the centre console is overworked (radio, climate etc.). Got grip control for the 3 days a year when we get snowed in (worth it for €300) and the electric tailgate just because its cool.

Can't wait.

Congratulations! If you have time add the heated front seats as well, they are great value.

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Congratulations! If you have time add the heated front seats as well, they are great value.

Apparently heated seats are now standard on the GT Line in Ireland . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

JohnK wrote: »
    Yes I'm enjoying the new wheels alright. I got the 1.2 petrol automatic and the engine in it seems to be great. I honestly cant tell the difference from the 1.799 I had before and I've had no issues in terms of power on take off so I'm well impressed with that. Petrol consumption, I've had it now for 2 weeks and in that time I did ~560km on the first tank of petrol. Not sure how that rates really, it was a mixture of motorway driving and commuting to/from work with the air-conditioning going full blast.

Hi John

Now as it been good few months with your new car, how do you find her fuel economy and engine power . i am planning get mine changed to 1.2 automatic. currently i am getting fuel consumption of 8.4L/100km(air condition Off) on my 1.2 manual . i drive around a semi urban area.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jusvi2001

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    I bought a new 3008 GT-Line 1.2 auto a few weeks ago. I generally love the car but there’s a serious amount of wind noise coming in around the doors/windows, and possibly the sunroof. It’s noticeable from 40km/h and is intolerable on the motorway. I’ve driven 6 or 7 different 3008s as rental cars over the last year and never noticed any wind noise at all.

It’s booked into the dealer next week to investigate, but I wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience that got rectified.

Hi Pedro

Hope you are sorted now with the noise issues. i have got a 1.2 manual 3008 (171). i am generally happy with the car but like to change it to 1.2 automatic so that my wife can drive too. i am asking around about the fuel economy and engine power with people who owns 1.2 automatic.

would really appreciate if you can shed some light.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    Hi John

Now as it been good few months with your new car, how do you find her fuel economy and engine power . i am planning get mine changed to 1.2 automatic. currently i am getting fuel consumption of 8.4L/100km(air condition Off) on my 1.2 manual . i drive around a semi urban area.

Hello, still loving it and engine power still impresses me so that's all good. All my driving these days is in traffic where its move forward 1 foot then stop, move forward 1 foot and stop etc. so fuel economy is gone to crap but I'm still spending less on petrol than my last car so it's still a plus. Last 3800kms average 10.6L/100km. I do disable the start/stop function though as it's just constant with my commute and was starting to annoy me. Only thing that bugs me is that has to be done each time you start the engine rather than being able to set it as the default.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Craazysteve

JohnK wrote: »
    Hello, still loving it and engine power still impresses me so that's all good. All my driving these days is in traffic where its move forward 1 foot then stop, move forward 1 foot and stop etc. so fuel economy is gone to crap but I'm still spending less on petrol than my last car so it's still a plus. Last 3800kms average 10.6L/100km. I do disable the start/stop function though as it's just constant with my commute and was starting to annoy me. Only thing that bugs me is that has to be done each time you start the engine rather than being able to set it as the default.

That kind of driving is exactly where stop/start will save you fuel though. I think it's something like once you're not restarting it again with 7 seconds, you're winning. Let the gaps open up a bit more than you currently do so it's not so frequent, keep the stop/start on and you should see that number improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm really appreciating the fact that the passenger seat back can be folded forward. Managed to fit a 236cm ikea flat pack wardrobe with room to spare. Bit nervous about putting too much weight on the seat back so had it propped up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone know what's the latest firmware for the radio/i cockpit

Be interesting to know is there firmware update for the Apple car play etc

For anyone who is having issues with Apple car play and the radio on the car, you can update the firmware here:

https://www.peugeot.ie/service-and-accessories/online-services/map-system-updates.html

Since I updated mine, Apple car play has been superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Headshot wrote: »
    For anyone who is having issues with Apple car play and the radio on the car, you can update the firmware here:

https://www.peugeot.ie/service-and-accessories/online-services/map-system-updates.html

Since I updated mine, Apple car play has been superb

From your link, is this a map update or a firmware update? When I put in my VIN the heading on the next page says Navigation System Update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My 3008 doesnt have the inbuilt map so update the nav update is what I got too.

The firmware seems to be all included in it

At the moment of the screen just select "Download the software update"

also follow the instructions

3 months in and loving my 3008 gt line 1.2 automatic. Android auto compatible with my new phone an added bonus. Engine power is great, very enjoyable drive for the mileage I do. Electric kick tail gate is the bomb and the electric seats are coming in handy as the morning temps drop.

Only "negatives" are you can't use the centre console to control temp until I have completed reverse and move away. Wife hates the 30 sec blast of cold air from yesterdays cool setting you can't shut off immediately. Also the radio loses "national" stations (today fm!) soon after leaving populated areas; my old qashqai never had this issue. The good thing is that AAuto comes with spotify!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Waldo89

Hi guys,

After reading alot of positive things about 3008, I have decided to buy GT line 1.2 petrol 2019 car. It surely looks amazing. From outside it's very elegant and from.inside it feels like you are sitting in something very good. However I noticed that it didn't have a built in SAT NAV. My question is did any of you guys get the inbuilt sat nav installed after the car was bought? I asked my dealer twice and he dodged the question twice by saying it has apple car play and android auto. But just out of curiosity did anyone recently installed SAT NAV in their 3008 cars?

Waldo89 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

After reading alot of positive things about 3008, I have decided to buy GT line 1.2 petrol 2019 car. It surely looks amazing. From outside it's very elegant and from.inside it feels like you are sitting in something very good. However I noticed that it didn't have a built in SAT NAV. My question is did any of you guys get the inbuilt sat nav installed after the car was bought? I asked my dealer twice and he dodged the question twice by saying it has apple car play and android auto. But just out of curiosity did anyone recently installed SAT NAV in their 3008 cars?

It would be prohibitively expensive, while phone based navigation will be more up-to-date and more intelligt.

grogi wrote: »
    It would be prohibitively expensive, while phone based navigation will be more up-to-date and more intelligt.

Yeh I suppose. Maybe once I start using Android auto I won't care too much about inbuilt navi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I looked into it back in 2017 - like most extras in Ireland prohibitively expensive. Android Auto/Apple Carplay is the way to go.

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    I looked into it back in 2017 - like most extras in Ireland prohibitively expensive. Android Auto/Apple Carplay is the way to go.

Thanks. I suppose that's my only choice

Hi guys,

Great choice, I'm on my 2nd 3008. My new one has built in Sat Nav by default and I still only use google maps via Android Auto, just so much easier.
    Only advantage I can really see to the built in system is the ability to have the map/directions on the main gauge cluster. Enjoy the new car

Great choice, I'm on my 2nd 3008. My new one has built in Sat Nav by default and I still only use google maps via Android Auto, just so much easier.
    Only advantage I can really see to the built in system is the ability to have the map/directions on the main gauge cluster. Enjoy the new car

Thanks. Yeh that's why I wanted the sat nav. You won't really miss a turn or exist on motorway! I called dealer and said it can't be installed either which is strange. But anyway once I get the keys and start using Android auto I will probably get over it. I have heard is a great car and I chose this over nissan qashqai. So let's hope it's better than that.

Thanks. Yeh that's why I wanted the sat nav. You won't really miss a turn or exist on motorway!

We have so many of them... :P
    I called dealer and said it can't be installed either which is strange.

They rather prefer you think about them as 'incompetent idiots' than 'greedy bastards'. Because it is the latter you would think if he gave you the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have heard is a great car and I chose this over nissan qashqai.

I think you made a very smart choice there!! (and not really a difficult one!).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 frankyman

Regarding the 3008, can anybody please confirm or otherwise if there is configured built in space under the boot lid for a saver wheel and some sort of bolt/locking device.

My understanding is no saver wheels are provided in either the Allure or GT specs, but only a tyre repair kit.

Thanks

• Advertisement

frankyman wrote: »
    Regarding the 3008, can anybody please confirm or otherwise if there is configured built in space under the boot lid for a saver wheel and some sort of bolt/locking device.

My understanding is no saver wheels are provided in either the Allure or GT specs, but only a tyre repair kit.

Thanks

By my experience with same platform in other models, spare wheel is hanging under the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 frankyman

Apologies for my apparent ignorance on this, but, has the 2019-2021 versions of the 3008, a saver spare wheel or at least the room for one under the boot lid configured out in space with a locking nut.

Thanks.

Thanks

Hi,

My car came with a spare wheel. It's a GT line though. But I would expect for all 3008 trims to have that. Best will be if you call two or 3 different dealers to be 100% sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭BobMc

hey All, anyone experience any leaking into the footwells at all, have a recurrent problem, and dealer dispite numerous repair attempts havent been successful, Peugeot Ireland waste of time just dismissed us, legal seems next route to us

any advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I've had no trouble with leaks at all on mine - bone dry since the day I got it.

• Advertisement

Ours was for over year and half, but we're a year in trying to get leak fixed now

BobMc wrote: »
    Ours was for over year and half, but we're a year in trying to get leak fixed now

Check for leaves buildup in the gutters under windscreen. There probably is no way for the rain to escape and it gets inside.

Thanks

I got a 181 GT Line 3008 and it had a space saver spare. Had to use it just once in the 3 years I had it.
    Have the facelifted model now in Plug in Hybrid GT Form. The Hybrid stuff steals that space saver space and a bit of the lower boot space too, so it's a compressor/sealant kit this time. Hopefully I won't need to deploy it.

Check for leaves buildup in the gutters under windscreen. There probably is no way for the rain to escape and it gets inside.

Dealer has had this 5 times now, once for over a week,replacement car a piece of shiiitee, roof liner replaced as they checked for leaks around sunroof, all drains cleared and replaced and resealed, they want to replace the entire sunroof now next, but to be honest we dont feel thats the problem, was the Head Office dismissal thats really shook us the most

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

My 2017 GT Line 3008 has developed an issue in that the electric door mirror on the passenger side isn't working at all. It is neither folding nor is the mirror itself adjustable.

Awaiting to hear if it needs a software update.

This is the only problem that I have had with the car in 4 years of ownership.

Cupra280 wrote: »
    My 2017 GT Line 3008 has developed an issue in that the electric door mirror on the passenger side isn't working at all. It is neither folding nor is the mirror itself adjustable.

Why would that be a software issue that showed up after 4 years?! The harness is gone or a plug somewhere, that's what it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cupra280

Why would that be a software issue that showed up after 4 years?! The harness is gone or a plug somewhere, that's what it is...

Not necessarily. It is an issue with the ecu for the electrics, can't remember the acronym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

I've a 181 GT line 3008. Any idea how much it would cost to trade it in for a new equivalent? Only 30k km on the clock.

Thinking of changing from diesel to petrol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    I've a 181 GT line 3008. Any idea how much it would cost to trade it in for a new equivalent? Only 30k km on the clock.

Brother in law looked at doing same recently and was given very poor offer. Also he mentioned the new gt line isn't as good a spec as old gt line. Didn't do it in the end.

Not sure on the exact figures for overall value off the top of my head, but we had a 181 GT line 1.2 Petrol on PCP and traded it in for a GT Hybrid 1.6 facelift model and the monthly payments are now 25% less than before.

New car has more power (225 vs 130) & is auto (8-speed, very smooth). Much more efficient, especially as 80% of our journeys are electric alone now, and we keep it charged at home. (Have no intention of using any public chargers, can rely on petrol alone in the rare scenarios when the battery runs out)

GT spec is missing a couple of things from the 181 GT line spec, biggest being the panoramic roof. I'd spec that if I was choosing one again now, interior is much brighter with it. The front parking camera is gone which means the 360 degree parking view isn't up to much now. I think the auto parking feature is gone, but I literally never used it once on the previous car. Presumably can be paid for as extras if you needed them. The boot is smaller (shallower) on the hybrid models because of the batteries and there's only gunk and compressor instead of a spare. Couple of novelty items gone too: the scented air freshener thing, and the lion logos projected from the mirrors. I think there's a plain puddle light now, haven't driven in the dark recently.

GT spec does have some features the GT Line didn't to balance it out, the radar cruise control is great for motorway journeys, there's built in sat-nav which is nice to have running in the main drivers screen without setting a destination (still shows live traffic on the roads around you, so useful for avoiding issues), but I personally still run google maps on the (now bigger) center screen when I need actual navigation. The rear lights are slightly different and now LED.

So, eh no, I've no idea how much it would cost you, but we got a decent deal and they're the main differences you can expect if you do go for it.

• Advertisement

I was quoted these figures

All petrol

Manual Allure e12k
    GT 1.2 petrol auto e16,300
    Allure 1.2 petrol auto e14,300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Thanks everyone. I'll let you know what price they offer me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Cupra280 wrote: »

Same happened on my 5008 - replacement mirror under warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

I was offered 30K for my 2018 GT Line 5008 against a demo GT (with less spec than my car, it was a 1.2 auto :confused:) that was listed for 45K.

I sold for 30K privately - inundated with private calls and peugeot dealers looking for the car. Im full sure I could have got more.

PS. A VAG dealer didn't want the car at all..

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone who bought a Irish 3008 GT line has wifi in there car? I bought 2019 gt line 1.2 petrol and it doesn't seems to have it. However it seems like uk versions have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have a 191 3008 GT Line and it doesn't have WiFi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone spot a 2107/19 1.2 Auto GT Line or above for sale? Northern half of the country, ex Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Considering a 3008. Have a couple of questions if anybody would know.

Are GT and GT Line different models? Just see the one on Peugeot website.

Is Grip Control only on GT Line? I see some Allures listed with Stability Control. Is that the same thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,499 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The GT and GT Line are different models from 2017 - 2020. AFAIK GT is automatic only while you can get the GT Line in manual.

There is no GT for the face-lift model (2021) as per what my dealership said (he also advised to go for Allure rather than the GT Line as there is no longer an exterior difference between the two and the main difference is in the interior with the seats plus the price difference of approx €5k. There's also no panoramic roof as standard in the GT Line, it's now an optional extra and forward facing camera has been taken out).

Don't know about the grip control I'm afraid.

Got to say that when I was down in the summer getting my 3008 serviced, I was far from impressed with the new model. I think I'll be moving away from Peugeot whenever I go to trade mine in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭granturismo

Advertisement