Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So Konate paid for when Locksmith Luscious Locks leaves.

I’m glad for Shaq, the two chances he has had with big clubs to date, he was not a regular starter. As a squad player he was excellent, it’s hard to get quality players who are willing to accept bit part roles. I hope he plays regularly for Lyon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

You would hope Origi, Phillips, Ojo & Karuis are as proactive behind the scenes to get a move to play regular football like Shaq was.

Just look at Awoniyi who got his move to Berlin 4 goals in 4 games for him and looking like a bargain signing for them.

Liam Millar playing every game for Basel, Grujic will play regularly for Porto, Wilson will play regularly for Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Shaqiri leaving does leave a non-HG spot to open up now too.

Three games in and it already feels like a title decider next week against Chelsea, yes okay it's not, but still a massive marker if anyone wins it. Hopefully Fab is back to tackle Lukaku , he's going to need dealing with that's for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

Good luck to Shaq, I hope it works out for him in France. He was a good servant, but won’t exactly be missed from the first team. He had his time, took the odd chance he got, had a superb assist in “that” game!

Hope it also opens the door for a bit of a clearout!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Yea I think Klopp has a point. The Premier WWF League is a bit much .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

And the Barca second leg.

That cross for Gini's equaliser is etched in my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

All the best to the Power Cube, good servant to the club with some obvious big highlights, never any trouble out of him and did what he could in his limited game time, if anything he was probably under used at times by Klopp, decent bargain for Lyon I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Unfortunately i can't see Fabhino being ready to start on Saturday ,

Hend , Thaigo & Keita for me start & i;d bring in Bobby for Jota

Massive game , VVD first big test v Lakaku ,

A win would be absolutely massive for us going forward ,

Good move for everyone involved and best of look to Shaq,

If we move on Philips & Origi i reckon one will come in,

Personally i'm worried about the midfield over the course off the season we have numbers but to many with injury issues or Jones & Elliot can't be expected to play in the massive games yet,

I think Jones should be loaned to a Prem team if we bring in a new midfielder ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

It seems like all we hear lately from Liverpool is X player is not expected to be replaced. It gets a bit tedious i know we've had a good start to the season but as we've seen last season all it takes is a few injuries and the squad is paper thin. I'm really hoping they have something up their sleeves but its look less and less likely.

Post edited by jones on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I wouldn't be letting Jones go anywhere, he's well proven now in our midfield and had enough standout performances last season to deserve his place in the squad.

I'd be letting Harvey go on loan ahead of him, but I'd like both to stick around ideally.

Its a tough one because i think we need a Gini replacement but that leaves us with Fab,Hendo,Thiago, Milner, Jones,Ox ,Keita,Elliot ,+1

9 Midfielders is to many ,

I'd have sold Ox & loaned out one of the young lads,

I just think we need one more top class midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I don't disagree with needing another quality midfielder (Aouar or Neuhaus would be the likely options) but I hate to see young players caught in the trap of loan moves when they're already proven they can play well for Liverpool. I'd sooner see Milner and Ox leave if we had to sell one before bringing in a first team level midfielder.

Milner is in his last year so he wonlt go anywhere but i agree wit hthe idea if you get me,

Ox i'd gladly sell or loan actuality i'm surprised he hasn't asked to leave,

He's had very bad injuries and the only way he will get back to anywhere near his best is to start game regularly & that just won't happen here, We can't have a guy searching for form in our starting 11 for a run games, when at a top team a draw is seen as failure ,He needs to step down a level to get playing week in week out , He simply won't play enough games in a row to finds his best form again ,

Were not going to get in any "world class" player to replace Gini as the way Klopp is looking at it is, we have 3 world class midfielders in Thiago, Hendo and Fab. Decent rotational cover in Kieta, Milner and Ox and 2 very good you prospects in Jones and Elliot. Its very difficult to get in a player for 30/40m odd when he is aware he is going to be 2nd fiddle to whats there already. Look at Konate now, if Matip stays fit he wont see a whole lot of game time for a 36m pound defender!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Liverpool weren't receptive to any speculation regarding Oxlade-Chamberlain leaving this summer when he was linked with West Ham and Southampton. His girlfriend just had a baby and their primary residence is in Surrey so a move to the south of England would suit him but the supposed transfer interest could just be lazy journalists doing their thing.

Thiago , Fab & Hendo have started one game together, All 3 get injured a couple of times a season

Keita & OX seem to be always injured , Ox isnt good enough,

Milner is 35 also starting to pick up little injuries

Don't forget we had all of the above plus Gini ( who was always fit) last season and still struggled for bodies at times

Big games will come fast and thick when the champions league comes back around we need quality

Sounds like Liverpool won't be allowing any of their players to play in the upcoming international break, if the country is on the red-list of UK destinations and require quarantine upon arrival back to the country.

Brazil & Egypt are on the red-list afaik so they would be no-go countries, but some others like Gabon where Egypt will play are not, and Liverpool will allow the players to play in those countries as no quarantine is required upon re-entry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We will regret not signing another midfielder. Expecting Jones, Elliot, Milner, Keita and Ox to fill the spot a solid, dependable, experienced player like Gini was is risky.

A forward player will be very difficult to sign I feel, they will be essentially 5th choice.

Big problem we had last year was losing center-backs and then playing midfielders in their place as that then left us short of cover in both areas! If we can keep our defense fit and healthy this year I think we will be ok in midfield.

Not so sure we have 4 lads i wouldn't mind starting in big games, Thiago, Hendo,Fabhino , Keita,

Even if everyone is fit or not needing a rest or suspended that's only leaves only 1 on the bench ,that's not even much room to make changes if players are having an off day or knackered after 70 minutes ,

Milner, Ox, Elliot , Jones can't be relied on for different reason's.

• Advertisement

I know losing players to the African nations is tough but Bissouma looks absolutely outstanding ,

The problem is though is if you go for someone like Bissouma or Neves, or players of that quality. They are not going to be loving the idea of fighting for places against them 4 for a spot every week, throw in the fact that Ox, Milner, Jones and Elliot will also definitely get games.. Whereas UTD are also linked with those players and if one is signed they will fighting the likes of Matic, McTominay and Fred for a starting berth with is a much more attractive option if you fancy playing week in week out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wouldnt be letting Elliot go at all. He's poised for a breakout season with us. Played really well against Burnley - so mature and composed for an 18 year old. He can play CM (Wijnaldum) or RWF (cover for Salah).

I wonder what the story is with the Bowen link. At the moment, it's looking very weird as it was clearly a leak from the club to journos that they liked Bowen and he was on the shortlist. Like why did they bother putting that out, as there has been no apparent movement with the deal since. It wasn't a story to put out in order to make another club reduce their demands, as a sort of 'we'll move onto other targets' type story as there has been no other transfer link in attacking areas. West ham didn't do anything with selling him so it's not like they were using Liverpool to raise the price. Bowen himself didn't get a new contract, so it can't have been a leak from his side etc.

Really confusing overall, and seems like a waste of time and effort.

Milner is only 35, doubt he'll leave next season either. He's the type that will play for peanuts if it means staying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not giving a yellow for that was a bit nuts alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

He wont play for peanuts Toby, its tea bags and Ribena he wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm not too worried about midfield, tbh.

I would love another winger / forward, though. Don't see Origi or Taki doing much if called upon, in all honesty. I'd be happy using funds from their sale, plus Shaqiri's, to fund someone like Sarr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Elliot is poised to have a blinder of a season. If he can slot in beside Fab and/or Thiago he'll be amazing

I'd like to see Minamino get some regular game time this season as I do think he has something to offer.

The one thing both Klopp & Hasenhuttl said about him that he needed to work on was his tracking back and if he can show he is working on that I think he will get game time from Klopp.

He done well against a Burnley side set up in a 4 4 2 and playing long balls,

Lets not get carried away just yet, he has a place in the squad but in big games and away game i don't think we will see much of him in a starting berth ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

the longer we keep milly the better off we will be,more than just a squad member,he's a squad leader.

Things like that sound great but the club isn't going to pay him just for training ,

It'll be last season as a player for us and it'll be time to move into the coaching staff plus Mbappe will want his squad number (7)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I thought he was a no brainer replacement for Wijnaldum. Apparently Brighton willing to sell for 35/40M as well. They already brought in someone earmarked as his replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Ben Woodburn is gone to Hearts in a season long loan.

• Advertisement

It's at the stage with Liverpool that they pride themselves on signing players, selling players, and ending up with a net of zero. They'll have done that once window closes, so can't see them spending a dime, which they won't have come the time the window closes.

Good interview with Elliott, it's easy to for he is just a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Could let Origi go in the opposite direction, Brighton could do with a striker and Origi would get proper game time there and score around 15 goals a season, so a good move for all involved, plus we get a replacement for Gini. He'd get plenty of games with us as Fab, Hendo and Thaigo all liable to miss games through injury, Milner pushing on, Ox & Keita are more often unavailable than available and Jones and Elliott still bit young to be relied on for more than a handful of games

So that's 43 million in sales. Konate 36m

7 million up

And City look like they'll get Kane and take their spending to 270m this window.

Of course we'll still beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is great! And I really like that he picked out his pace as his own biggest weakness - it's something i've always been conscious of about him in terms of being a long term Mo replacement. Matters less in his new deeper position of course though. But it's brilliant to hear that he took it upon himself to work with coaches on his speed, as it's something that really can be developed, especially between 18 and 22 or so. Just to gain that explosive 10 yards to beat a man around the box. Seems a nice kid too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He's young enough to do a stint in England and still get to Madrid in his prime. 5 year contract with a release clause worth whatever amount of money we've paid him over the length of his contract.

He pays for himself, easy 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Advertisement