Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hey, does anybody have sample answers for the case note question in Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

Can anyone who has passed all the FE1s tell me if they have received a letter yet from the Law Society confirming same? I have logged on to the law society results page and can only see my results from the March sitting. I have emailed the society 2/3 times already but no response. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have a grid for property/equity that runs up to March 2021? Also, looking for exam papers for 2019/2020 for same. I have materials to trade. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fe10000

Hi, looking for an up to date Criminal grid if anyone wouldn't mind sharing. Would really appreciate it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

No letter yet, when I enquired to trainee section about my PPC1 application they said they were still waiting on letters from law society so I would imagine they would be sent their first, might have to wait until after PPC1 starts in sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 T2020

Does anyone have the March 2021 Torts paper? Or could anyone even give a breakdown of what questions came up? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Yeah I still haven’t gotten mine but my application to enter into indentures with the Law Soc was accepted. I don’t think they’re issuing letters because of the pandemic. I don’t see why they can’t issue an email to the same effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Would anyone have a copy of Val Corbett's Cases in a nutshell for tort they would like to get rid of before I purchase? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Hi, I am looking for up to date grids for company and contract law. I would also be really grateful for exam papers/reports for company and contract for March 2020, October 2020 and March 2021 if anyone has them!

I have up to date materials for constitutional and have sample answers based on my exam scripts for property/criminal/eu to trade!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Hey, I have materials up to November 2020 if that is any good to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Any have copy of the Equity Paper from March 2021 or know what came up?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

• Registered Users Posts: 40 fe1taker1998

Looking for opinions on leaving out Competition law? Finding it hard to find the time now

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Such a regular topic - it's hard to advise anyone to leave it out... Would you consider even learning off a few sample answers on the topic to cover yourself if you need it on the the day of the exam? The questions on Comp. Law tend to be repetitive. Obviously it would be best to have to real understanding of the subject but it might help if you were short a question. I understand how it can be to be stuck for time to study.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Does anyone have any tips for sitting tort law? Is it like constitutional in the sense that you need to have an understanding of the whole course or can you get away with learning certain topics that always come up? It’s so broad so I’d love some advice if anyone has any😬

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Would anyone be able tell me what came up on the last Equity paper? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭StabiloLaw

Hi all, I applied to sit the FE1s on the 16th and got confirmation a few days later and the money is gone from my account.

However I received an email this morning to say that my application is incomplete- has this happened to anyone else?

I've tried calling and emailed back but there has been no response...

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bozzer198

Hi ,iv my application complete but can't pay due to a problem on their website, I got the same email this morning , even though iv been trying to resolve it for the last week , sent many emails and phonecalls only to be ignored or the line to go dead.

It's so annoying because the deadline is today but assume they'll have to let us get sorted if they're the ones not responding?

I actually have paid though and the money left my account last Monday, so not sure why I'm receiving the email. When I go onto the website though it's saying I've only 37% complete, but I've got no exams to choose from on the next page. Their website is obviously at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭fe1hunzo

It's literally not been allowing me to pay on the website all weekend.

Of course, I've emailed and gotten a generic "we're getting so many emails" response. If anyone does get any answers could they let the rest of us know please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Could someone please remind me how many years are your results eligible for after passing all 8 exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi guys,

I have materials for hard copy constitutional from the Griffith course from last winter if anyone is interested in them (including the constitution)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FTWisFTW

s it too late to register for the October sitting? I've been trying to login since last night to apply for the next sitting (left it way too last minute I know), however I couldnt login as the site would keep loading without logging me in. Ive tried to call the helpline but keep getting put through to a voicemail. As its past the deadline for sign up should I just accept that I wont be sitting them in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Deadline is today Monday, 23rd August 2021 - the site said midnight but I got a =n email stating 'close of business today'.Clear as mud I know but if you sign up now you will be fine and won't have missed the deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FE1NOS

Hey all,

I hope everyone is doing well and getting stuck into prep.

Just putting this out there. I have passed all of the Fe1s over the last year on the first attempt scoring between 68 and 76. I also am educated up to a first-class honors LLM. I am going to start running Fe1 grinds. They can be provided one on one or to a group based on interest and individual need. (materials and notes will also be provided on the topics). Notes will be exam-orientated and up to date and were put together by myself over the last year.

Classes will be approximately 90 minutes long and will cover three to four topics that will be chosen by the individual or the group.

I understand and appreciate that a lot of people doing Fe1s may be a bit strapped for cash so the cost will be relatively low and will vary based on groups etc. If you are or would potentially be interested in this feel free to DM me and I will add you to the Facebook group that will be going live in the middle of this week.

Thanks a mill,

R

Post edited by FE1NOS on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

Just spoke to Law Society. Have been having issues with paying since the 14th of August, some message about 3d secure payment etc. Have been back and forth with them by email but no resolution so far. Lady at reception said something along the lines that she was told to pass on the message that the payment link was down and that applicants would have until tomorrow to pay. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Did anybody get an email confirmation of application for FE-1s? Payment just came out of my account and it says I have ordered two sittings on the dashboard.

I was the opposite- money came out and I got confirmation, but my application online is stuck at 37% and got an email to say it's incomplete.

Absolutely no idea what to do now as I haven't got a reply by email and they didn't answer any time I called..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

Tried to pay again today but it still won't except my payment. Is anybody else in the same boat?

Advertisement