Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katherine Zappone Envoy Gig

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Get away with what? at the moment it was a private function, Are you saying TDs are not allowed attend a private function now?

Demean? I suggest you review your posting style and the recent attacks on Ha Long Bay. Only one set of posters here demeaning anyone and the only reason you took a crusade against me was because I pointed it out. Why else would I have the daily long rant from McMurphy?

Again I refer to social media, at this stage the SF online team is causing more harm than good. I pointed this out, you choose to ignore but as I said, look at the posts when people are bombarding TD's. The majority are for people telling them to shut up.

Its going wrong Francie, very very wrong. Burying your head in the sand and continung with this online attack against everyone is doing a great job for the government. Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If you or Ha Long were 'attacked' then you have the report function. Personally, I see this as more of the victimhood indulged by Leo when social media goes against him, cry about abuse and attack. Criticism is NOT attack, is the right of anyone to make.

Regarding things going wrong...I refer you to the only metric we have to judge these things - the latest opinion polls.

And you confirming you are working here on behalf of the government is also noted. 😉

Yes of course I am working for the government. Want me to show my badge?

Pure desperation now Francie, desperation.

You are thanking people on their behalf on two threads.

Hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

It's getting more coverage than Wally the Walrus today.. Click the album link to read.

• Advertisement

If you click next twice you get the below, beautiful

Thanks for sharing

Removed imgur

You have to hand it to dudley, it was a valiant attempt to deflect yet again

Whats to deflect? I told you a number of posts ago you would bring up Golfgate. I am right on the money.

Sorry I meant "one of you". My apologies

• Advertisement

Lies again. Quite bizarre.

Here's what you said.

I have good odds with Paddy Power you are about to mention Golfgate.

In other words he had seen the papers this morning and realised things don't just go away because he closes his eyes and crosses his fingers.

I don't understand how dudley expects it to be seen as anything but deflection.

We all know how the site works, the images of the newspaper report were there for all to see.

Did he think he would cod us that the reports didn't exist? I'm baffled TBH.

Not to mention then sledgehammering his prediction about me mentioning Golfgate into him being right...by saying he meant 'one of us' and referring to the newspaper article he'd just dismissed 😁😁

When people (especially the FG lot on here) have nothing to say or any retort, they should say nothing. However, what is happening on these threads is name calling and other forms of very very poor deflection.

Some loose examples - not direct quotes from anyone.

"Golfgate was a perfect example of bad judgement, they should have known better" - The reply "You are a misogynist and a homophobe, they can have their private lives, mind your own business, there's a lot of anger in here, many racists."

a year later

"Zappones Celebratory party was in bad taste, an example of cronyism appointments and arrogance. One rule for them" - The reply "You are a misogynist and a homophobe, they can have their private lives, mind your own business, there's a lot of anger in here, many racists."

Leading by example as Leo said. Not learning from previous lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Ok, let's put it to the test please, you're obviously confusing a defendant in a court of law, where obviously the presumption of innocence is afforded to the defendant, or else yourself and blanch152 don't have the wit not to realise people are still entitled to free thoughts and their own beliefs on things. (neither of which make either the pair of you look very bright, and that is being kind)

There's no law or mechanisms anywhere in out society to prevent people assuming, or thinking about things.

Yourself and blanch152 have obviously never heard or seen any scenarios where someone becomes a Garda suspect, because the Garda have reason to believe (think) someone committed a crime/ ot want to speak to witnesses they think may have present at a scene/spoke with someone and so on and so forth, etc etc. Those suspects are afforded the right to the assumption of innocence. The guards (or any other police force in the world) can still believe the suspects involvement though.

There's no court of law at play in our little discussion about people being free to form their own conclusions and assumptions about the reasons why politicians refused to answer the very reasonable questions put to them. Some might even assume or believe that they weren't there' (which will suit you obviously) and some might assume or believe the opposite (shock horror!!!)

There's only one thing more embarrassing about someone who is evidently wrong, thinking they are in fact correct, and that is when some one piles in with them to swear in the original incorrect statement to begin with.

Now away you go off to another thread and be consistently wrong in that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭BKelly21

How do I buy that poster up there ☝️ a drink?

Well said cdarby! Hopefully with school due to resume soon, nonsense posts fired out repeatedly from that deliberately confrontational and disruptive poster(s) is nearing an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Wossack

Irish times article on the Zappone role

Im unsure of the journalists political affiliation or if they indicate correctly on roundabouts, so apologies if that’s used to deflect from the articles merit

A Garda arrests a suspect because of evidence. They don't just say a person is guilty without evidence or take them in for an interview without evidence.

The whole of Ireland, all interactions between millions of people are based on innocent before guilty. It is the way of life. It was a long rant just to make the point about the Gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

They interview suspects because they believe they may be involved. If they gain evidence enough, they arrest.

Attending the Zappone Merrion event wasn't a crime. Is it, 'Has she lost weight? I think she has' "Hush your mouth, she's innocent until proven guilty!" 'Is Joe Duffy on holidays?' "silence, he's innocent until proven guilty!" 😂

• Advertisement

If you insist on embarrassing yourself further, I'll gladly oblige.

I never mentioned anything about arrests, nor did I gave the hypothetical scenario of "suspects" only. Gardai can and regularly do make appeals for people to get in touch with them, as they have reason to believe they may have information that would be of use to them, they think someone might have been the last person to speak to someone, etc etc etc.

This isn't going to end any other way than you being wrong (as usual), the fact is people are absolutely 100% free here to have free thoughts on things whether that be people believing the earth is flat or praying to his of her own god and adhering to their own religious principles and rituals, to having their own thoughts on why a politician refuses to answer a question. Stop posting idiotic nonsense pretending otherwise.

And lastly the Gardai don't say "anyone is guilty" the Gardai do not convict - that's not their role. A court will decide if someone is guilty or not. Funnily enough, that's also the place where the defendant is afforded the right to be assumed innocent. This isn't court though, you'd have thought the first time that was pointed out to you would have been sufficient, but turns out you are the gift that keeps on giving.

Can I ask, are you on a mission to purposely infuriate other users on the site or what exactly is your game here can I ask?

A guard can arrest on suspicion actually and gather evidence in interview and present that to a court to decide.

Wrong. They need to have "reasonable suspicion" which is a legal term. They can't and should not just arrest someone when they have no idea if they did or didn't commit the crime.

You posted rubbish, I questioned you about it and we ended up here, the condescending posts are just funny at this stage.

Back to the original point, do you still think a TD should automatically be presumed guilty because they didn't respond to an online mob?

Suspicion or reasonable suspicion, the point is the same. They do not 'need' evidence to arrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Jamea Brown, Noel Grealish and Neale Redmond all confirmed they didn't attend over the weekend.

Not many TDs left

What "rubbish" have I posted? If you would care to point it out and we can discuss it, but I don't think it will do yourself any favours at this stage dudley72. You are trying (and failing) to convince me, and anyone else reading this thread that people aren't free to form their own conclusions on things, make assumptions, or have thoughts.

And as for your last line "the original point" always has been that people are free to form their own conclusions and assumptions on why the politicians refused to answer, the "presumed guilty" part is something you threw into the mix as a failed attempt to muddy the water.

This. Isn't. A. Court. Repeat after me dudley72, those politicians aren't on trial, and if they ever are, they'll be assumed innocent until their case is concluded. In the meantime people are free to draw their own conclusions and assumptions as to why they're refusing to answer questions. Everything and anything you throw out to try and counter that is irrelevant and incorrect nonsense. Give it up.

And with that, I shall bid you farewell.

**I am bailing out from this ridiculous nonsense with you for this evening**

Btw...you are the one talking of 'guilt'. Has the mask slipped.

If a TD refuses to answer, you can assume (rightly or wrongly) that they did attend.

I, personally wouldn't but many would. Same as people assume Gerry was in the RA, there is nothing stopping them doing that even though he said he wasn't.

You keep talking of 'guilt'.

We know Leo and Ivana were there...what are they 'guilty' of?

• Advertisement

So no explanation for the mask comment?

As usual people are trying to have a discussion and you come in with accusations/insults etc and never back them up. As this is again been forced off topic with your accusations(3rd time today on this thread) I will leave you to it.

Advertisement