Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Early data from the top 10 markets in the US has Rampage topping a million viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Ordered a t shirt from AEW global shop 37 notes.....who knows when it will arrive just glad I could order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How many shirts did he sell? Its a bit of a nothing statement without the figure of sales , no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Adam Cole still hasn’t agreed to a new contact with WWE. From reports I’ve read he’s going to AEW.

This has me buzzing, one of my favourite wrestlers and one of the best around

This AEW roaster is unreal, so stacked

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

According to reports I read this morning, he finished up with NXT last night. What's the bets he'll be on Smackdown or Raw before long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Sounds like a little shot at the paint by numbers training of the sports entertainers of the future to me. The E stans in the comments aren't taking it well!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, that Tony Khan statement is a direct response to WWE's Khan one about how they want to handle development going forward, using NXT to train people with no experience to wrestle the WWE style. He straight up said they don't want to continue with the Indy style of wrestler in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Something I was thinking when re-watching Punk's comeback, do Living Colour get royalties every time Punk makes an appearance on TV? Or has Tony payed the band upfront to use Cult Of Personality indefinitely?

• Advertisement

I'd say AEW/Warner Bros would pay an annual fee to use it in all wrestling related needs.

I was reading yesterday that Warner Bros also have ideas for Punk outside of AEW so I wonder is there a Punk & AJ reality tv series in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting question. I had to look it up but here's what Bischoff said about using Voodoo Child in WCW:

I researched who owned the rights to the Jimi Hendrix estate and after working with a few attorneys we found out that his sister, at the time, oversaw the estate and managed the rights for all things Jimi Hendrix. We negotiated with Jimi’s sister for those rights. They cost me $100,000 which at at the time everyone thought, “Bischoff has lost his mind! $100,000 for Voodoo Child?!” But I had worldwide rights and I could use it multiple times in a broadcast. I can’t remember all the specific details but I remember I could only play it for like 15 or 20 seconds at a time so I couldn’t play the whole song. I played around with it so I could do a long entrance with it or an outro with it. I could use it on PPVs, I could use it on television and I could use it worldwide. For $100,000 it was the best investment I ever made. You couldn’t come close to that for less that $5 million today for the rights I had.

Didn't Hogan play that for like ages on ppv tho?

The start of this weeks BTE has me wondering are AEW making a behind the scenes doc on the first dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

If they're not they should be.

One of the few things that's a shame about Punk not going back to WWE is that a WWE 24: CM Punk would have been awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

1.129 million for Rampage, 0.53 in the demo. Massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I know he was in character stirring, but boy Roman's comment aged about as well as a jar of milk left out in the heat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Plus the YouTube clip of his debut has been viewed 5.5million times in 2 - 3 days.

Amazing rating for a show that was 10pm on a FRIDAY in the USA

I think Dynamite can beat that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I wonder what the figures were like over this side of the world? It had to be something pretty special to get me to stay up til that hour after a week's work. Didn't regret it for a minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The chances of them straight up drawing more viewers than Raw some time this year is looking way more possible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

That number is beyond mental. I think Brandon Thurston predicted like. 34 and just under a million viewers. On a Friday at 10pm that number just should not be possible. Beyond any expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Roll on Dynamite.

Heard the Punk segment was the biggest quarter and the didnt lose many viewers. 0.53 demo. Having Jungle Boy and Private party after was a good decision

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the beginning of that. I'm sure the Bucks and Kenny were grinning at the reaction just before that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I have watched no AEW at all, can I subscribe to Fite.tv and watch everything in order from when they started up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes once you sign up everything (except the PPVs) is available on demand as far as I know.

Omega posted the pic of Adam Cole’s dead body from BTE on Instagram.

AEW star CM Punk joined Kap & J. Hood on ESPN Chicago Monday morning to talk about his AEW debut and return to wrestling this past Friday at AEW Rampage: The First Dance. With a few days to reflect on his return to pro wrestling, Punk believes the moment may have been the best thing he’s ever done in pro wrestling.

“That might have been the greatest moment, the greatest night of my career,” Punk said. “Just the entire night couldn’t have gone more perfect. The way we set it up as the worst kept secret, selling out the United Center on the rumor that I was going to be there, never announced, never advertised. It shows the connection to the fanbase that AEW has, that they get it, right? They want to be involved, they want to be entertained, they want to go up to shows and have a good time.

“So we didn’t feel the need to beat them over the head to get a TV rating. And don’t get me wrong, I know executives at TNT love their ratings. But to me pro wrestling has always been about moments and getting people to feel something. It was the perfect storm, the perfect night.”

Punk continued, comparing how he felt about the moment on a personal level to the apparent success of his return from a business perspective. Ultimately while Punk knows that’s a big deal to some people, the metrics matter less to him. What’s most important is whether his return made fans happy.

“The way I debuted, everybody being super positive backstage,” Punk said. “I met so many new people, having my family with me, I could go on and on. It was the perfect night and the perfect moment for so many reasons. And I’m just talking personally. Publicly I think it’s a smashing success.

“A lot of people love YouTube views and likes and clicks and all that stuff. That stuff doesn’t really matter to me all that much, but it’s a big deal to a lot of people. The metrics and the analytics people love that stuff. But to me it was just about making people happy. I gave people ice cream, just like Jon Lester is giving people beer when he’s leaving this city. I’m back and I want to show the fans how thankful I am that they waited for seven years.”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

All is not well with the Dark Order going by Elevation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great, thanks.

Is there anywhere to watch the older PPVs for free?

Don’t mind paying for upcoming ones but 20 quid for one from 2019 is a bit much.

Advertisement