Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No, you don’t understand. They made it too easy for the wrong people to vote.

Look at the turnout in Atlanta for example. Way too many of the wrong people voted. Same for the Phoenix valley and Philadelphia.

Its amazing how much supposed fraud went on in “urban”, Democratic leaning cities and how little fraud happened in “real America”.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, reports of fraud seem very much centered on the exact areas with the smallest margins/largest electoral votes which could swing the election Trump's way.

Interesting, but not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

Good news, looks like the police officer who neutralised terrorist Babbitt has been cleared of any wrong doing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/23/ashli-babbitt-capitol-police-investigation-officer-acted-lawfully?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭briany

I'm sorry for Babbitt in the sense that she fell far enough down the rabbit hole to do what she did, but once it got to that point, she had to be taken down. If you watch the video, the people outside the door were aware the policeman on the inside had a gun, and it can be clearly seen pointing from around a corner. So... What did anyone expect to happen, and what was Babbitt's intention anyway? To have a polite chat with Pelosi, Schumer and Pence, the latter being the guy who rioters had chanted about, saying "HANG MIKE PENCE!!"

It was about as lawful a shooting as it gets, in my book. The only wonder is that she was the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

it will be ready in two weeks along with trumps health plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Imagine freely going on camera and saying that. How embarrassing.

That's the audit being sanctioned by a majority Republican state senate, carried out by a company whose owner is a Trump supporter, and who appeared in the film The Deep Rig, which alleged that the 2020 election was fraudulent (and his appearance was certainly not to provide a countering view on the matter).

Donald Trump said before the election that the only way he was going to lose the election was via fraud. The fact is that no matter how Trump lost the election, he and his base were never going to accept it. Never, ever, ever. Trump's been crying fraud for years, now. He even alleged fraud in the 2016 election with how he lost the popular vote.

He even joked about it in 2016.

But, actually, as it turns out, it wasn't really a joke, because it accurately predicted how he would act. It's obviously not uncommon for presidential contenders to ask for recounts and things if a result is close. It's not even unheard of to take things to court if there is a suspicion of something untoward. But there does come a point where their dignity and respect for protocol compels them to do the right thing and move on. Two qualities Trump seems to lack in the face of his ego being bruised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Can't wait to get my hands on some of this and start to feel like a true patriot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Not affiliated with or supported by disgraced former president of the united states of america trump. Is that a good thing or a bad thing. Does it make it more scammy or less.

Well, if you consider the scam that was Trump University, I'm inclined to say less scammy without Trump, but then again, if any of Trump's principal acolytes and advocates are involved, like a Roger Stone or a Steve Bannon, then it's just as scammy again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Just to add to the list of Trump's history of crying fraud. When Ted Cruz won the Colorado caucuses in 2016, Trump claimed the process was rigged.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I love the way one of them will back him to the hilt but when it comes to his claims that he got the vaccine, she doesn't believe him.

It's insanity. The one bit of responsible advice he has ever given to his idiot supporters and one of them thinks he isn't telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I don't get that either. I don't remember, did he speak anti-vaxer rhetoric in the past? I know he's taken credit for the vaccine a few times, you'd think for that reason alone they'd be all over it.

The mistake we're probably making is to assume that The Base and Trump are one and wouldn't turn on him, but it's something that the Republican party and the increasingly toxic right wing media in America have been growing for a long time, and then it really caught fire with the rise of FB and YouTube. It's a cult of ignorance that the Republican party thought it could control and use, but it ended up swallowing the old Republican party and remaking it. It's a beast that Trump has a decent hold of right about now but he's not that dumb - he knows damn well what those people want to hear, but he also has to make some kind of overture toward swing voters or else ensure a difficult time getting elected for himself or anyone else on the Trumpist platform.

Trouble is that there is a rather significant divergence on how Trumpists and normal swing voters see the world. Hell of a tightrope to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Another Trump proxy in legal trouble. I can't even say he's one of the dumbest (and that's some statement to make)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jacob wohl ? Isn’t the lad who had his parents set up a company for him to just spout grade A horseshit about people and got caught.

I’d say several members of Congress, mostly of the GOP species will be worried because the January 6th select committee is going after phone records, so poor Jim Jordan’s memory might clear up given he seemed to not know when he spoke to trump on that day.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yeah.. Wohl was a special kind of troll.

Several times he hired actors under false pretenses to hold Press Conferences accusing various Democratic figures of impropriety - Had a young guy stand up and claim to have had a torrid S&M relationship with Elizabeth Warren for example. He tried very similar scams with Kamala Harris , Pete Buttiegieg and Robert Mueller.

He created a fake Private Investigation firm (using a photo of Christophe Waltz as the supposed CEO!!) that provided all of these "scoops".

They were so poorly planned and thought out it was almost comical.

How he's not already in Jail many times over is a complete mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Just the thought of Jacob Wohl potentially receiving a €5 million fine makes me feel all warm and tingly.

Some people need to learn that it's NOT a game and that lying and cheating have consequences. A lot of people have decided that they want to reject reality and substitute their own and they wlll sooner or later face the consequences of their actions.

Let's hope more of these asshats get massive fines handed to them.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Couldn't get more than a minute into that video before having to turn it off. I'd prefer to keep my brain cells intact. Poor Donie O'Sullivan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Notobtuse said on August 23rd 2021

"They got mail-in voting accomplished on an unprecedented scale, and ignored the laws in doing so. And come on, don’t give me that Covid crap… it was less dangerous to vote than make a trip to the supermarket. These methods against election laws managed to make it easy for people who don’t normally bother to vote to cast a vote,"

Snickers Man said:

The BASTARDS!!! They increased participation of those people entitled to vote and for this they are accused of illegal and undemocratic behaviour?????

What the hell sort of democracy do you have over there? One that actually WANTS fewer people to vote? Oh, wait a minute.......

Notobtuse said on August 23rd 2021

"Good thing I also have Irish citizenship... I could pick up and move there."

Snickers Man replied:

DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH!!! You wouldn't have the BALLS to live here.

If you're typical of the pants-wetting pistol-packing 2nd-Amendment supporting pointy heads who typically support Trump you would run kicking screaming and gibbering from the place once you realise you are NOT allowed walk around with a loaded Glock in your waist band.

Not even our cops carry guns over here, for the most part. That's how tough THEY are!!

We're tougher than you, braver than you and have more faith in democracy and rule of law than you do. You couldn't handle it. Just you stay in your safe place with your pump actions, semiautomatics and AK's.

Better all round.

Snickers Man also says: Manual quoting. Dammit this new site SUCKS!!! Still.

Few possible nominees for Darwin awards unfortunately. But same thing when it comes to the MMR and other vaccines with these people.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Just one of several concerns at the time that prompted the forensic audit.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

The forensic audit will determine the proof or not. I just listed the issues that initiated the audit. Don't mix apples and oranges.

You are absolutely correct, although not perhaps the way you meant it... 'they made it too easy for the wrong people to vote.' You know… dead people, people who double voted, people who were not registered to vote, people who should have been removed from the voting rolls, etc.

So please tell me… who were all the people and groups that threw huge money at the election under the guise of getting people to vote and of which the money should have been equally distributed, instead of the lion’s share going to democrat strongholds? And how was it determined and coordinated that democrats get the vast majority of tax free funds. There’s a bunch of them that threw lots of money at this... if it is no secret you should be able to easily provide a list them. It's okay, I not expecting you to be able to provide a list and will simply look forward to the usual 'yeahbuts', defections, and changing of the subject having nothing to do with the point made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But any portrayed evidence, like the above, has been widely debunked, unless you have any other evidence you'd like to share?

(8th time of asking for those keeping track)

• Advertisement

Have never felt the need to carry my high powered, pump action, semiautomatics and wild west six shooter. Don't have an AK... didn't ever feel the need to have one, yet. They are used in the forests for hunting and for target practice. That's the great thing about the 2nd amendment and freedom (until Biden takes it away as is his goal), I can carry a firearm or choose not to care one. If Ireland doesn't allow them then so be it. Nothing says I have to live there 12 months out of the year. Tougher and braver, eh? What have you ever done to warrant such high self praise?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement