Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What has boards got to do with it? Did you read my post?

Anyway, unless they are like the 2% in the UK that never heard of coronavirus, they know exactly who is annoyed and why.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/irish-musicians-call-reopening-amid-24815514
    https://www.newstalk.com/news/live-events-sector-frustrated-after-scenes-of-crowds-crammed-like-sardines-around-croke-park-1242340
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/its-hard-not-to-be-raging-anger-at-twitter-video-hours-after-minister-defends-40000-croke-park-crowd-40776430.html
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/blatant-disregard-for-us-entertainment-industry-blasts-governmentover-all-ireland-croke-park-crowd-40778476.html
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40364690.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,985 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobody complains about 'everything'.

This thread see the government praised and the government criticised for what they get wrong.

Stop exaggerating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Outrage sells, we all know this.

This is the silly season alright, where the usual half dozen of posters dominate all talk and create a circle of outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

You only said outrage twice. Try harder Marko 😊

Gas to watch, I can sense the nervousness regarding the return of the chaos coalition after again losing public trust with Merriongate.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Ahh more predictions of doom. Is it not getting a bit repetitive now? It would seem every week someone is predicting the doom of the government.

Prediction of doom? So dramatic duds.

I just want to see how TDs react when asked whether they attended Merriongate and how they changed the rules to make it legit. Fun stuff.

'Predictions of doom'?

More exaggeration.

Only somebody with their head in the sand would deny that there is some nervy times approaching for the government in the next term.

PAC inquiry

Foreign Affairs Comt. inquiry

Ongoing Garda Criminal Investigation etc etc etc

At least try and have a bit of a laugh.

Well I would say most of the TD's will be laughing if it is Pearse asking, will we get the fake jump out of the seat routine while trying to rip off the mask? or just the shouting and roaring routine? or a combination. I can see why you can't wait now.

On the TD's, if they are asked if they attend or not they can just turn around and say it was a private event for none of your business.

The "nervy" times people are talking about :-) really. Mountain out of a molehill the lot of it. Even if it hits what will happen? worst case leo will get the boot. that's it.

So no 'doom' then.

Nobody, including you are making 'predictions of doom'. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Over the last number of pages you can see the what is going on here with government supporters not defending the government but basically turning to name calling, trolling and at one stage actually bullying another poster. Everything is being thrown even the kitchen sink to deflect away from what can only be described as a disaster of a government, the opposition not much better. Maybe if the government supporters can actually defend the government and maybe explain the reasoning behind some of decisions maybe then some posters who are not party affiliated could understand why it was done. Instead all that we get as I said is name calling and trolling. I would ask where is the moderator in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

On the TD's, if they are asked if they attend or not they can just turn around and say it was a private event for none of your business

It was pointed out in a different thread (you also participate in) that considering the govt actually made appeals for members of the public to snitch on people they suspected of breaking covid guidelines, the "private event" line apart from being hypocritical, also looks like the "one rule for us" mantra. Aren't the guard's actually investigating a pub near to croker on Sunday for breaking covid guidelines? Perhaps the publican will use the "twas a private event judge" excuse if they need to?

Would that line of defence work in this case too dudley72? Do you think it worked at any of the "private event" housepartys the guards broke up?

I look forward to the first TD or minister trying to use that as a defence. Will be good for the entertainment. Some of you lads should stop digging tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

People seem to be comparing Gardai involvement in investigating potential breaches of COVID public health regulations here with cases of breaches of COVID Failte Ireland hospitality guidelines.

As far as I am aware, the Gardai would have no role to play in the latter.

I would agree on the 'opposition' bit.

I think they could be better and more cohesive but it is Irish politics at the end of the day. And Irish politics that is in the middle of a re-alignment IMO - end of the power swap etc.

I suspect they are happy to see the government damage itself and play on that come an election campaign.

Why don't you refer to the supporter(s) by name

Only 2 generally bother with interrupting you lot talking amongst yourselves in this thread and even 1 of them has got mostly bored with ye

Government supporters abandoning the thread at times of 'strain' is a feature of here that has been noted many times. A few days 'break' is the norm when the **** hits the proverbial.

If you look into this thread everyday of the week since the government started is a disaster , according to some. So the "strain" is rubbish The problem is the online bullying tactics that have been used across these threads have worked, driven everyone away or people have reacted and got banned.

I called it out a few days ago and now we have people shouting about online bullying but accusing everyone else.

Fact is and a simple scroll back will confirm*, if the government is deemed 'defendable' there are plenty on fighting the case. If it isn't defendable, they are outta here. Remarked on many times...search for posts beginning 'where is x, y, z etc.. They also have no reticence about posting on threads about other parties during these periods of hibernation.

*Also check other threads about government controversies.

To be brutally honest I think some of the government supporters are getting very disillusioned with the government TDs and their selfish antics. Unless they are financially benefiting from unwavering robotic loyalty, the level of incompetence, corruption and cronyism during this golden age of New Politics (😋) must be causing internal strain. As a former FG voter for 2 decades, I know how difficult the transition can be 😊

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

Hi bubba, firstly I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back from your obvious "hiatus" for want of a better description.

There's a gaping hole in your argument though, anyone that watched Leos performance on his first RTE interview after going to ground, will have noticed the moment he looked extremely uncomfortable and started to squirm when he inadvertently let the cat out of the bag, as to whether or not he actually knew how "within guidelines" he was before taking the unprecedented step of drawing the AG in, and covering his ass.

Leo Varadkar apologises for Merrion event but says it ‘probably’ didn’t breach guidelines

So if Leo himself wasn't 100% sure on whether or not he was adhering to the guidelines at the time of the party, and still wasn't 100% sure during his interview on RTE (how many days later???)

How or why do people think "a private event" can be used as an excuse for political figures to hide behind, when being asked if they attended an event, that so far as any of them knew at the time potentially, and possibly broke the guidelines?

It's going to be a very hard circle to square, but I've every faith in you making a good stab at it.

• Advertisement

Not sure what any of your post has to do with what I said. I simply stated that there is a clear difference between a breach of a regulation and a breach of a guideline. The Gardai would have no involvement in investigating the breach of a guideline, simply because they have no law breach to investigate.

So people asking for Garda involvement in such scenarios, or comparing a regulation breach outcome to a guideline one, sound a bit confused to me. It just isn't going to happen.

Wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Who asked for garda involvement? I know there were some comparing garda procedures with holding Varadkar to account or some such, unless this is being mixed up with the criminal investigation into the leaking of confidential documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

As I have said in another thread it's squeaky bum time for Leo, and thats a a reference to Sir Alex Ferguson and not homophobic slurs which was alluded to last time I used it.

To all the FFG supporters on here what will it take for you to start criticising the government? As so far they have done no wrong in your eyes.

There has been plenty of calls and suggestions for Garda involvement in an investigation into the Merrion Hotel event.

No-one is asking the Gardai to investigate "Merrion Gate", the suggestion was that politicians should not be obliged to answer questions on whether or not they attended a party that so far as any of them knew (as Leo admitted) was potentially in breach of guidelines, and claimed he checked with the hotel being compliant with Failte guidelines, but considering they (Faile Ireland) weren't aware the regulations had changed, we don't know how the hotel knew it was in compliance with the regulations, Failte themselves weren't aware had changed.

Who did the Merrion ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Who did the Merrion ask?

I asked the same question and was met with deflection and what business is it who attended and sure they are allowed to have a meal... 🙄

• Advertisement

Failte Ireland weren't aware the public health regulations had changed? Do you have a source for that, as that would be quite remarkable. Is the suggestion that they were working off the old ones?

Advertisement