Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chat 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If all the teams in England (and Europe) stick together and refuse to release the players who will need to play in red list countries there is very little that can be done about it.

Maybe games can take place in neutral venues in a non red list country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah probably not much FIFA can do about it but it does devalue their competition (as much as I hate international breaks)

It would have been an idea to have all the south American countries play somewhere neutral like Portugal but that probably raises issues of players who live in red listed countries in south America going to Portugal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s peoples advice on Harvey Barnes? Dropping tonite, It’ll take a -4 to shift him. Alli the most likely replacement but he has Norwich up next

I panicked and jumped on the Benrahma rise.

I didn’t like 2/3 of the next 4 fixtures for Barnes, he is dropping in price, he only played 71 & 63 minutes in last 2 fixtures and the European games will be starting soon enough.

I’m sure I’ll own him again when he starts scoring but I didn’t want to take the price drop all things considered

i feel I made the right decision getting rid but not sure I got the right guy in.

Might have to leave him if Ben White looks like dropping. Whatever about losing money on Barnes I’d be disgusted to lose 0.1 on White

But White isn’t the kinda of player that will continue to drop imo.

if he does drop then he’ll rise again within a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Yep agree. Do I waste 2 transfers taking him out and in again to save .1 or .2... that seems a poor short-term thinking when he will surely rise back up to 4.5 again.

Think ill dump 4m pool def instead and bank the .1 gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is White near a drop? I'm looking at moving Toney on but I will shift White out for Dier rather than take a drop this early in the season. Bring White back in later at 4.4 possibly for Tsimikas then.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

97% to drop. He was over 100 2 days ago but fpl added yellow flag which reset it. He will surely drop .1 tonight or tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any worries that Dier might lose his place to Romero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not sure of the Spurs defence. Who of the 4.5 lads is expected to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Not sure myself but wouldn't rate Doer or Sanchez highly so I imagine Romero will come in for one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Man City the latest team to go 'public' in their denial of players to play international games in red-list countries. More clubs will follow according to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Meant to be rumours of Juventus offering Ronaldo to Man City & that they are about to sign Lewandowski from Bayern.

Time will tell....

Romero is a CB so one of those two goes when he comes in. Tanganga has competition from Doherty and Aurier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No more Saturday 12.30 kickoffs for teams who play Wednesday in Champions League.

After much criticism about the packed fixture lists last season, English teams playing on a Wednesday in the Champions League will no longer be involved in the ‘early’ Premier League kick-off on a Saturday, due to a scheduling change made by BT Sport. The broadcaster’s ‘primetime’ slot will now move to 19:45 on Saturdays, if one of the teams playing has been on a European excursion the prior Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Would he got to city given his background at United? Not sure that would be well supported.

From FF point of view if he did move, he would probably be priced as high as 11.5m? which would be nightmare to fit into teams.

I wonder what the players themselves feel about it. In Salah's case there were rumors that he wanted to go to the Olympics but Pool said no - stuff like that doesn't help if trying to tie someone down to new contract. I believe that Messi wanted it stated that he could be released for international games when he joined PSG.

If Brazil missed the WC in Qatar because they failed to qualify cause players weren't being released, there would be uproar etc. I get that the clubs pay the wages, but what if say they get an exemption and Salah goes to Egypt and picks up Covid, and comes back and it spreads through the team - then what? do they just play on regardless - like Arsenal had to, or do you think there would be pressure of games been postponed?

Someone said that UEFA/FIFA couldn't really do anything - in theory they could force walk-overs in CL if clubs didn't travel to a red listed country - unlike last season where they moved games to accommodate teams.

If an exemption isn't given, it will be a mess, but if it is given it will look like double standards the millionaire footballers can do what they want, whereas other sports people - like the lions team, have to quarantine, yet alone the millions of Brits that can't just travel to a red listed country.

When the euros where on everyone was in their bubble - now it's lads going home to their families, nights out etc - different setting.

There was an article recently that state that a large number of footballers haven't been vaccinated either - so a player arriving back from a red listed country and going back into the environment could bring other issues-imagine the uproar that could cause if a new Omega variant from south america was discovered in players from Liverpool. It sounds ridiculous, but then this is the Covid world.

• Advertisement

This would suggest that all PL clubs will block players from travelling to red list countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yep its on the BBC now, the PL is blocking FIFA

The Premier League says its clubs have "reluctantly but unanimously" decided not to release players for matches in red-list countries during September's international break.

Under current UK government rules, players would be forced to miss several games because of the 10-day isolation period required on return to the UK.The Premier League said "extensive talks" had taken place with the Football Association and government "to find a solution" but that "no exemption had been granted".

It added that it "strongly supported" the move made by top-flight sides, which "will apply to nearly 60 players from 19 clubs who are due to travel to 26 red-list countries". "Premier League clubs have always supported their players' desires to represent their countries - this is a matter of pride for all concerned," said Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.

"However, clubs have reluctantly but rightly come to the conclusion that it would be entirely unreasonable to release players under these new circumstances.

"Quarantine requirements mean that players' welfare and fitness will be significantly impacted. We understand the challenges that exist in the international match calendar and remain open to workable solutions."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/58322829

Happy days for FPL players but I wonder what the fallout of this will be with FIFA. Theres another international break in October and its unlikely all those south American countries will be off the red list then either

Given the government keep an open dialogue with PL or so they say, they must have been told no exemptions so the PL making this move. Edit: Just read the statement - so the government said no exemption, and the PL made this move.

Fallout could be huge - if international FA's named places in squads and they don't show up, could UEFA/FIFA suspend a player from playing for their domestic team?

IF you look at the Brazilian fixture, i believe they have a game on a Friday evening and Liverpool play on the Sunday afternoon - so it was always going to be unlikely that they would make the Sunday game anyway.

A potential solution would be that the UK government could allow vaccinated players to avoid quarantine if they provide a negative test for instance...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Right decision made, it's not worth the risk of spreading the virus by visiting high risk countries. FIFA should postpone these international fixtures, but they won't.

But the definition of high risk is very subjective. There was some state that as % of people, the UK have a higher number of cases that some of the countries that are on the red list. And when do you postpone the games to - what if in 6 months time the situation is worse. Have La Liga and other countries come out and said they are releasing players? Between players needing summer breaks, leagues ending at different times, European commitments, and not forgetting the WC next year - there isn't much space in the calendar to postpone games. I know someone mention moving to a neutral venue - but what happens if the neutral venue is red listed for other nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Think the premier league are correct in what they have done even if there was no 10 day quarantine. Forcing people to travel halfway around the world during a pandemic seems pretty silly.

But it's only for red listed countries - so for example Spurs would still have to release Son to travel half way round the world as China isn't on the red list. IMO this is really unfair on Spurs that arguably their star player is at a bigger risk of getting injured or whatever playing internationals, while Liverpool star players won't be released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Liverpool players are being released, just not to red list countries, Salah is being released to play against Gabon as it is not on the red list.

Yea but the rules for amber countries depend on your vaccination status - so for instance if your not vaccinated the rules state:

If you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules, on arrival in England you must:

• quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
    • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

So Maybe Salah is vaccinated, but there are a large number of PL players not vaccinated, so what happens in those cases?

I guess they have to quarantine if they play but presume they won't be released. I have no idea to be honest, I was just correcting your statement regarding Liverpool players. According to this article Liverpool have no objection to him playing the 2nd match.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/liverpool-refuse-to-release-salah-for-egypt-duty-due-to-quarantine-restrictions-1.4654020

It doesn't really make sense as he will be hanging around with teammates who have just come from Egypt!!

• Advertisement

Kane confirms he’s staying at Spurs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I wonder will he be straight in the team. I know he got 20 odd mins the last day but Nuno strikes me as the type who may keep him on the bench for another week.

Shocked at that news. Had kept 2.5m back so I could bring him in in 2 moves.

Was certain Pep would get what he wanted.

Would be some tactic if this was Kane pushing it all back on Levy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I like the way he phrased it too, he's staying for the summer. Out the gap in Jan?

August isn't Summer thought for the traditional folk 😂

Hearing some rumors that City has suspended Mendy as he was arrested - but can't see anything online yet.

City fans will be happy given how much of a liability he is.

Edit: charges are rape, yikes and he's in custody

Makes Zinchenko / Cancelo more of an option now.

Their price is just a little high, if your trying to fit Lukaku, Salah/Bruno and say TAA in, and that's before looking at Antonio/Benrahma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Assistance please. I asked last year but can't get the search function to work on phone and cant find it in Google. Handy site that analyzed your team, gameweek points, the amount of points you benched etc. ? Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I would say his city career was over anyway after that spurs performance but that confirms it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Not certain but it might be football fantasy fix you're after?

https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/

Thanks but no it had a funny kind of URL, I can't remember it for the life of me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Thank you @ElTel and @Father that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ronaldo to City starting to look likely

Kane, Salah, Bruno, Lukaku, Son, KdB, - throw in Ronaldo there as another high price player will really throw the cat among the pigeons and template teams may be no more. If it does go through those who have played their WC may be at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I couldn't be dealing with Ronaldo and Pep Roulette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Surely Ronaldo would be kind of like kdb and play every week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

yeah you’d have to imagine he would. Pep is Pep but Ronaldo is the type that really wouldn’t like being rotated at all I would think

Advertisement