Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hbomax Caribbean and Latin America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,241 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was having the same issue originally and this worked for me as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I am using a Vodafone router at home actually, must give that a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Re. Getflix, I was wondering which of the channel settings in the dashboard needed to be set to USA to get HBO Max working. I emailed them, they replied to confirm that it's actually none of them - once the DNS settings are made it will always work with HBO.

One thing I could do with help with - I want to get my IP address auto-updating with getflix. For whatever reason my IP is cycling at least once a day (I'm with Vodafone via Siro). I tried setting up noIP in the gigabox, but it seemed to crash my network entirely - any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

When you say it crashes your network, what do you mean? As in nothing will connect to the internet?

Strange as I'm with Vodafone SIRO too and set up noIP on the Gigabox because my IP was changing at least once a day and has been working grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

100% cashback on quidco for Nordvpn today only if anyone is looking for a vpn.

Tell them you are in USA and there is no vat

• Advertisement

Yep, internet stops working, shows on laptop as connected with no internet and in the router config page it showed no connection.

However, it (the internet) was also failing yesterday and I had disabled noIP before that, so might just have been a fluke and crappy vodafone... Will try again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭micks_address

Apologies I should have checked before posting. Costa Rica server not working but Dallas does.

I have found surfshark perfect but posted the deal because it's free

On the nord app how do you select a specific server like Dallas? I seem to be only be able select us, Uk etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭ThePott

You can search on the app by location. If you look up their list of servers on their site or using the map on the desktop version you can search for the location and connect to it.

• Advertisement

thanks , searched for Dallas and connected but still won’t load hbo just in a loop opening. Cleared app cache and made no difference. On google tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've only been able to get HBO Max working on laptop, never on any devices using Nord.

I will check shield later on tonight I only looked on the phone last night.

Sorry if it doesn't work still free at least so no harm done?!

It's working on my shield now on Dallas server.

Ipv6 needs to be turned off for a lot of these things to work.

Maybe that's a help to someone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

I tried Dallas with zero success in Chromecast. I didn't check ipv6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Still working without issue using NordVPN on an Android TV box just selecting generic United States and letting it find a server. Sometimes on first open it gives an error but turning off VPN, killing HBO Max and then reconnecting to USA and opening HBO Max fresh always works

On the registering IP address - if you are committed to using Getflix, then I would recommend using dynamic DNS on your router (if available) to auto register your IP with Getflix. I'm with Vodafone, and my IP seems to update at least once a day, so I signed up for a NoIP account, registered that in my router settings and then filled in the section on my Getflix account. I pay for Getflix, NoIP is free. Works a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

This is interesting, i'd like to hear more about the setup.

1. Set up a noip account. It will allow you a free dynamic dns hostname.

2. On your router (if possible), find the dynamic dns setting. I'm with Vodafone, so I have to log into the router, switch to expert mode and then ddns is under internet section. Vodafone router has a drop down specific for noip, so I picked that and then entered my noip username and password from step 1.

3. In getflix in the dashboard there is an option to update your ip when it's not recognised anymore. Underneath this there is a link to change settings, you can populate your ddns hostname (the noip one) on this page.

From looking at my history, there's a delay of up to 5/10 minutes from ip address changing on router and it being recognised in getflix.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,908 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Joined last night using brazil and although I have no problem using it on my fone I can't use it on either firestick (private vpn)

All looks good but the front page is just frozen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭JesusRef

I am trying to sign up to HBO latin america using surfshark set to Costa Rica, but when i follow the subscribe link it is taking me to the US page and is only giving me US price options and the option to add a US address, anyone have any idea why my VPN is not directing me to the Costa Rica page?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I had no luck signing up with surfshark, I used tunnlebear vpn, the free version. Once you have signed up, ss should work fine for streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭kaerobe

I signed up previously in Costa Rica for the half price deal using VPN unlimited.

Missed a payment as my rev account was empty. Now cant seem to re-subscribe using VPN Unlimited to Tunnel Bear. Have tried a few countries but saying it detects VPN.... any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

Sorry not the correct forum but there isn't one for disney + but I have just noticed that you can sign up for disney+ brazil with PayPal now which wasn't an option before. I reckon we should be able to bypass the paywall now if we can pay with a Brazilian PayPal account, maybe with a revolut card attached to the PayPal account. My only problem is I am struggling to create a Brazilian PayPal account as it asks for a phone number. There might be someone in this community that is a bit more savvier than I am on creating a Brazilian PayPal account to try beat disney+ paywall. I've heard that you can buy an American disney+ account with an American PayPal account so why wouldn't it work with brazil?

Someone should try it and if it works then create a new forum for cheap disney plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Try signing in via the app on a US server, it should give you the Costa Rican prices. I think you can only us Google pay when on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

Try googling for a Brazilian one time passcode (OTP) mobile number, you should be able to find a site that will let you receive a passcode via text message and allow you to register a Brazilian PayPal account.

Also, what VPN are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭AB7

Try Argentina thats what I used when I signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭samboy08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi folks!

Signed up to the Argentinian HBO via CURVE (Revolut failed several times) for the 7 day free trial.

1st instalment due 5th September but I cannot get past the email verification! (Bad Gateway so probably detecting the VPN)

However, the app works perfectly on my Fire Tablet at the moment.

Is there a way around this or is the verification essential for the sub to go through fully?

Thanks!

Advertisement