Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

The going theory is that there's a global satanic/communist/nazi conspiracy to use the lockdowns to take over the world.

However, after getting mocked for this very silly notion, Gortanna and other conspiracy theorists avoid mentioning it anymore.

He doesn't know why anyone wants to make lockdowns permanent. His conspiracy grifters don't tell him. He can't think of an answer by himself.

Hence he keeps it vague and open so he can pretend to be clever and informed. For some reason he thinks that other people are fooled by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Another brainless response. Why can't you expend a tiny amount of effort reading the article or thinking for one second?

Discussing and passing emergency measures in parliament takes time, and during a pandemic, time is very critical. If they have the tools or preapproval to implement this stuff quicker, then they can save lives and reduce the spread quicker. Covid-19 has about a 1% to 2% fatality rate, we could have a more infectious virus emerge that has a 10% or 20% fatality rate. If something like that emerged, we would need to react very quickly, close schools quicker, etc.

Of course basic common sense and reasoning doesn't exist in your paranoid fantasy "1984" world.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,543 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And now that the points in the link dump have been addressed and it's been explained why they vague conspiracy claims don't match with reality, Gortanna will slink back off until the next article gets fed to him so he can spam it.

Though, I should say headline rather than article. I don't think he actually reads any of them.

Just reposts what he's told to like a good little spambot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Keep scrolling down and accept whatever the algorithm gives you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

why are you people so upset about people talking about conspiracy theories in a conspiracy theories forum ?

if this was a forum where we conspiracy nuts we claiming to be doctors and the forum was called "the truth about covid, no dissenters allowed" then i might understand, but you people are fighting with yourselves.

I think there should be a law passed that means politicans should be slaughtered every year, like a purge. that the world would be a better place without them.

i think they are, generally, but maybe the odd one isn't, evil scum and should be treated as so.

so if you wonder why some people are a bit sceptical, then that's why. i wouldn't put ANYTHING past these creeps. you people will have to accept that some people in this country have lost COMPLETE faith and hope in the political system. with that as our starting mentality then it's not hard to imagine where these scum will try lead us.

there's NO excuse for the state of our health system, for our crap laws, our failed housing system, littered country and on and on and on. the civil servants/td's got their pay restored, but children will be sitting in a freezing cold classrooms(if they are lucky and the scholls aren't shut by october) with some dumbass maks on them this winter because the pr1cks can't be bothered, as usual, either inform themselves of the actual science and of putting children needs first before their wallets.

you can rant all day at people like me, but i have no faith in the government or HSE having our best interest at heart, they don't give a fook IMO, they are out for themselves. i think they are, generally, evil w4nks.

so i won't be participating in their constant, goal post moving, bail out for the pharma industry, jab theory "medicine".

HEY, IT'S A CONSPIRACY THEORY. CHILL OUT

*ps i'm not threatning death to anyone, just saying that in some countries there is a death penalty, that has to be verified thru a court of law.

i'll read your replys in a few weeks when i have time, we can't all be so lucky to have all day doing nothing except giving out to conspiracy theory nuts

More ranting and attempts at humor that doesn't have much behind it.

If you have a point, you should just try making it directly.

However, no one here is upset about people talking about conspiracy theories. It's a very bizarre thing to claim.

The issue is that no one seems all that interested in discussing the conspiracy theories, yourself included. This thread is 200 pages of us asking conspiracy theorists to explain what they believe and why they believe it, and 200 pages of conspiracy theorists doing everything except that.

Why do you think that is? Why do you think that conspiracy theorists don't seem at all able to explain what they believe in a coherent manner and provide good reasons for those beliefs?

Also, could you explain why you believe people should be allowed to spread misinformation they know is misinformation. Why do you believe they should be allowed to do this without anyone challenging them? Especially when that misinformation is about an emergency currently in progress.

At worse these things are causing people to ignore the medical advice of doctors. You yourself say that you're not getting the vaccine, and I suspect you aren't able to give a good reason why beyond crap you've read on the internet.

At best, the conspiracy theories are just distracting and discrediting actual concerns about big business and government.

Ah but sure it's all just a bunch of fun...

If anything, people here are just getting annoyed by the constant dodging and evading we're seeing from conspiracy theorists.

If it's just a bunch of fun, what's the issue with explaining your beliefs and having people try to poke holes in it? Why lie about stuff? Why ignore questions? Why get upset when people show the theory is a bit silly? Why insult people who don't believe your theory?

Given the track run of conspiracy theorists in this thread, I'm sure you're also going to ignore these questions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

@PuddingBreath "why are you people so upset about people talking about conspiracy theories in a conspiracy theories forum ?"

No one is upset at all, apart from yourself and other conspiracy theorists. Why are you people so upset about being asked about your conspiracy theories in a conspiracy theories forum?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

We'd just like to know what the conspiracy is, and so far we're all in the dark about that.

"Something bad is going to happen, but we can't tell you what, and we can't tell you when, and we can't tell your why, and please stop being big meanies by asking us questions about the who/ what/ why/ when of it all and do your own research."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,543 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

"If you can't see what's going on then it's not my place to educate you"

Was my favourite one 😁

• Advertisement

Dodging questions is all part of the deception

Here's an anti-vaxxer faking being handicapped

People with these types of beliefs are simply dishonest people. I suspect most conspiracy theorists in here deep down know it's all bullshit, if they didn't, they wouldn't be so deftly sidestepping questions and engaging in such mental gymnastics. People only do that when they are caught in a lie.

It's funny that they keep doing it too. It's not fooling anyone. It's just making them look ridiculous and putting more and more people off the conspiracy theories, as well as showing that the same type of propaganda is just as bad.

The more we ask questions and the more they run away and whinge, the more damage they do.

And probably doubt starts creeping into their minds too,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Over 24 hours since I asked this question and not one person has even attempted to answer it.

I suspect it's because you don't want to admit to your "ideas" being absolute bullsh*t.

Any takers at all?

It's been more than 200 pages of us asking the same question.

Conspiracy theorists aren't interested in answering because their theories aren't true and don't make sense.

This thread should just be closed at this stage.

If something is labelled as a conspiracy theory, as it is in this thread, then by it's nature it's not spreading lies.s

Anything coming out of a politicians mouth is a lie unless I've proof otherwise. *

4 shots of Pfizer a year on the way, I can't wait. Nothing to see here.

*Note:dear politicians, no need to get your solicitors on the case, this is just people talking about conspiracy theories. In reality, you are our finest people, the crème de la crème. No need to take what is written here seriously. Without you fine petwe would be lost as a nation

Spoilsport. If people want to talk about conspiracy theories why bother them? I don't know about flat earth, but I'm happy to let those people do their thing. I'd imagine they've little to back up their claims, but I've not been to space so can't prove them wrong.

The point of the restrictions is to make the jabs and health passports free.

Just a theory 👍

Flat-earthers are generally harmless. Anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers have a habit of affecting other people.

And you don't need to "go to space" to prove flat-earthers wrong, a) they have to properly refute the evidence that the world is a globe and b) demonstrate stronger evidence that the world is flat. That's how basic logic works.

Worldwide police state, worldwide health pass, worldwide tracking everything you do, digital money that can be turned off at a whim if the authority doesn't like your thinking, that's some of it.

Can you explain how the USA is going to clear 30 trillion in debt and growing?

How is Ireland going to clear ours while improving, drastically, services and infrastructure?

Our health system is creaking and it's August, we are goosed come winter. Simple measures like putting in better ventilation in public buildings hasn't been done. Government asleep at the wheel, on purpose.

Just a theory 👍

The average conspiracy theorist puts even the slimiest politician to shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Huh?

So because you're posting in a forum full of lies you are therfore telling the truth? Is that your argument?

So who is behind this plan to bring about a worldwide police state? How come all other countries who are enabling this allegedly fake pandemic are behind the idea of this worldwide police state, would some of those government's worldwide not have questioned if it was such a good idea and said something to alert the rest of us to the plan?

How come you know about the plan for the police state, yet ALL world governments don't despite them being required to be going along with the plan to enable it to happen?

What "worldwide" police state?

Digital money that "can be turned off at a whim if the authority doesn't like your thinking", what? Give clear systemic examples of that

The US has no issues servicing it's national debt, a decent chunk of which is owed to itself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Flat Earthers and Lizard believers and the variety of others are, as you say, generally harmless. But they are useful tools to besmirch those who harbour legitimate skepticism about decisions made by authority. You've done this yourself and quite openly. If someone raises a question that contravenes your take on the situation then you have likened them to nutcases who also wrap their heads in tinfoil lest their brains be fried by the Borg.

Regarding COVID measures being permanent...I have my doubts. I don't see some of the more stupid and contradictory restrictions being made permanent. Case in point, keep a two metre distance yet it's ok to bump elbows. Difficult to do when you're over 6 feet away from somebody. That moronic process of writing your name and email and date of birth and phone number when you walked into a bar. The amount of times I wrote "Name: Barney Rubble, email: me@bedrock.com", etc, only to be handed my pint and go out on the terrace to enjoy the sun and watch the world go by.

And it's always "this was a NEW threat...we didn't know the dangers." If you don't know the dangers then find them out. We still don't know the dangers that sharks pose yet we don't ban people from swimming. FWIW sharks are unpredicable but they are for the most part benign. By comparison, docile, majestic beasts like cows kill more people in the UK each year than terrorist actions. Bees and wasps probably have a higher kill ratio.

But I digress.

The measures that are being effected will not go away. Bodily integrity is now a thing of the past. It is becoming mandatory now to surrender the last line of your freedom, i.e. your body, the proviso being that it's for the greater good. Then that's not a shroud under which I wish to suffer. In the US currently the Supreme Court has deemed that it is legal and Constitutional for law enforcement to read an UNCONSCIOUS person their rights and then proceed to draw blood.

Forced blood draws, forced cavity searches, forced iris scans, forced DNA gathering, forced vaginal probes....Dohnjoe, you and I rarely agree on ANYTHING but if your daughter/wife/mother/sister/girlfriend/granny was subjected to a body invasion against her will on the side of the road and I had a hurley or a baseball bat, I'd swing it like a lunatic Bravado? maybe.....maybe I'd just actually sit there and take it. But, unlike so many, I wouldn't agree that it was to keep people "safe".

What a strange thing to claim. Because stuff is posted in the conspiracy theory forum, even if it's not true, it's not a lie. That's very Orwellian.

In reality however, Conspiracy theorists aren't presenting their claims as just speculation or just theorising. They claim what they say is the real truth that is obviously true and that anyone who doesn't believe them is a brainwashed sheep. We see this repeatedly.

Additionally many conspiracy theorists have lied about a great many things. They have claimed things like covid-19 hasn't killed as many people as it has. They have claimed that covid doesn't exist. They have claimed that the vaccines are dangerous. They have claimed that the vaccines contain secret technology for nefarious purposes. Do these things somehow stop being lies just cause they're posted here?

And again, why is it "sport" to spread misinformation?

Why is it bothersome to ask conspiracy theorists "what do you believe and why do you believe it?"

Why if it's just a bit of fun do conspiracy theorists get so triggered when people dare to question the conspiracy theory?

I asked you these questions in my previous post to you, but as predicted you ignored them completely.

If you aren't going to answer them, could you at least explain why you are ignoring them?

I believe you're ignoring them because you can't give an honest answer to them that doesn't undermine and show up your position.

If that's the case, please continue to ignore them.

Ok more ranting.

You are now claiming that the only permanent measure from covid is the "violation of bodily integrity."

Ok. Lets hold your hand and walk through this one step at a time.

• Why do the people behind the conspiracy want to have this measure be permanent?

Would you say that a mandatory needle in the arm is a violation of bodily integrity?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

It depends. If it's your job requiring that you get a vaccine, then no, as you're free to leave your job. If it's being forcibly held down and given an inject against your will, then yes. But that's not what's happening.

Answer my post in full before demanding answers to random questions please.

You are now claiming that the only permanent measure from covid is the "violation of bodily integrity."

Ok. Lets hold your hand and walk through this one step at a time.

• Why do the people behind the conspiracy want to have this measure be permanent?

It's a very simpe question and I'm not sure I can hold your hand any more directly.

If you can't answer it, just say so.

• Advertisement

It is in many cases if you want to travel or keep your job. Can you go into a bar or restaurant now in the Republic Of Ireland without vaccine certification?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement