Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching that clip and seeing the production staff and seeing how fast the director calls normal cuts had me wondering how much speed does Kevin Dunn take to call the WWE super fast cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Can't be easy either with his bucky beaver teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunn must sound like an auctioneer when he calls for camera cuts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This is such a weak looking card they've actually got me interested In what they are planning to do :PAC:

AEW Tag Team Title Eliminator Tournament: Varsity Blondes vs. The Lucha Bros.

* Malakai Black vs. Brock Anderson

* Red Velvet vs. Jamie Hayter

* Matt Hardy vs. Orange Cassidy

* Eddie Kingston, Jon Moxley, & Darby Allin vs. The Wingmen (Ryan Nemeth, Peter Avalon, & JD Drake)

* The Gunn Club (Billy, Austin & Colten Gunn) vs. The Factory (QT Marshall, Aaron Solo, & Nick Comoroto)

* CM Punk’s First Dynamite Appearance

Yeah when they were going through the card on Dark, I was wondering why. Like Wingmen, Gunn Club and The Factory are all Dark/Elevation guys.

Considering the number they likely expect to tune in for Punk again, would think they would want some more of their bigger names.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

So many of the big names are so notable by their absence that there's got to be something going to happen I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yeah you'd assume they'll set things up tonight for the go home show next week. Punk is the draw tonight, and having three guys like Mox, Kingston, and Darby against the wingmen you just know something is gonna happen.

Though I'm mostly looking forward to Black turning Brock Anderson into Arn Anderson after he turned Arn into Ole when he nearly knocked him into next year with that kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hooe they begin a Kingston Miro build for Art Ashe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So much more goes on behind the scenes than we know. Timing is everything. I remember seeing a clip from some other sports event a while ago. Think it was horse racing. It showed what happens before they cut to the presenter with where other cameras are relayed through the presenter's earpiece and countdowns to when they'll be live on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,684 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

For the week that's in it, watched this the other day. Just Punk talking about wrestling scenes in movies for 20 minutes. Really is just an incredibly watchable fella, regardless what he's talking about. Some great little insights here too. Love; "It's all fake, and it all hurts".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Did Booker T talk about Cenas promo referencing Punk or Reigns tweets?

Such a lick arse. Supposedly this is because Punk said “I’m the locker room leader” years ago when Booker T was sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Booker is up there with Bully Ray for me in having some of the worst takes about modern pro-wrestling!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dream feuds for 1000.

I don't think they have him do this if he's going to leave when his contract expires on Friday? He must be re-signing.

Shame, would love to see him in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I don't know about that. Cole is the type of guy that will finish all outstanding obligations and I presume this one for Amazon was on the cards for some time.

At least we'll know soon enough either way

I just find it hard to see him actually re-signing tbh.

Him and Nakamura posted IG pictures of them facing off in ROH as well (rumor of Cole going to Smackdown and challenging Nak for the IC title).

As you say at least we'll find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon Mox is going to get his opponent tonight for All Out

I’ll call  Ospreay

Yes Yes Yes Punk just drops the first American Dragon tease forget tease Punk basically just said Bryan Danielson is coming soon.

And one to his wife April :)

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Miro wants the Mad King, Kingston vs Miro yes please.

And he also hints at his wife :)

The Top Guys are coming after P&P for their pound of flesh.

• Advertisement

Nice Edge reference from Omega to Christian.

Mox vs Kojima at All out.

Dan Lambert doing a better ranting version of Jim Cornette than Corntete these days now looks like he is managing Men of the Year.

I must say Page & Sky don't need a mouth piece they are bloody good talkers themselves.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Sign in the front row

Yes Yes Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Some baffling match choices tonight, on a night where they will probably have more eyes than ever on the product. If I tuned in for Punk, and this was my first Dynamite, I'd prob stick to youtube clips going forward as there was a lot of filler here. Gunn club on TV?!

Black is great but the angle is not interesting without a proper star and Lee Johnson coming out so flat was a terrible ending. The announcers didn't even cop that the entrance music had changed for his entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

This was really was a bad episode for people who are tuning into Dynamite for the first time.

Yeah while Black may currently be a main eventer, Brock certainly isn't. Though at least the commentators didn't take the WWE route of ignoring what's happening around them when they said Lee was coming before it showed him.

What happened Velvet? How often has she done that move and she missed completely. Maybe Jackie was meant to move?

I'm sure people expected more from Punk. Though I'm sure they appreciated the not so subtle Bryan confirmation. If Punk was the worst kept secret then he's helping ensure Bryan is the next worst

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah strange episode. It all felt a bit flat and a bit of a wasted opportunity considering the momentum from Rampage. Punk was great on the mic as per and the Lucha Bros are always great to watch but the rest of it was pretty run of the mill. Also there's no need for more interviews with Jericho and MJF next week. What else is there to say?

Advertisement