Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Help me out so.

Failte Ireland did not have the information stating such events were allowed. Representative bodies had their representatives on the radio saying they did not have that information. Many of them cited the Failte Ireland website. Failte Ireland sought clarification after they got wind of the merrion event.

What is it you don't believe? If it's the above, are you calling them liars or mistaken idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

If you lads are so interested, ring rte Merrion and ask….

Its almost as if,they are utterly full of rubbish and just laughing at us

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

Will you stop with that nonsense.

The Merrion or RTE wouldn't just tell anyone who called and asked

Your just deflecting anytime anything is brought up and its ruining what once was a decent forum for debate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

A few days ago you claimed the merrion asked but wouldn't clarify who they asked or show proof they asked. Now you want us to do it. You are the one claiming they got the information nobody, including the Tanaiste, had.

I believe they chanced their arm thinking with political big wigs in attendance it would be hand waved away. They'd be right if not for the public.

I've noticed they claim black is white, then attack the messenger. Then get a bout of amnesia in the hopes if we spell it out enough times, one of those times might allow for meaningless pedantry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

You'd probably be accused of 'abuse' if you did ring them up, by the same poster advising to ring them 😂

I asked someone tonight what they thought about Merrion gate and they said the lights there should be prioritised for the traffic and not the dart and that its an awful nuisance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah thats fantastic 😂😂

Did you miss the polls at the weekend about it?

Actually il answer you never seen them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,985 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

How many pints were they holding?

There's always a handy ordinary Joe Soap. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 15,275 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Next planned election is 2025 you have a few more years of polls yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jesus lads, if the last 18 months of turmoil is anything to go by, a few years more of these gombeens running the show, the opposition are going to have a field day. Such a field day, that anyone would be probably safe enough in surmising that these lads will never, see a whiff of power again for decades.

They can't resist the urge to be cute hoors, corruption, cronyism and incompetence seems to be endemic to FFG. Thankfully social media (which they're clueless about) keeps exposing their antics.

I wouldn't be shouting about that new (supposedly) new election date like it's something that will be their saviour, it's more likely to be their Achilles heel halong!

You're drawing attention to the emperor walking around without a washer on, and everyone pointing and laughing at his moobs and dinky flapping around freely in the breeze lol. 😭

An online poll which the fake supporters join and the result is irrelevant. Wasn’t an example of one before and One party knew nothing about it, then they found it and the results changed within minutes as all the fake accounts clicked in

Interesting I have seen the fake accounts shouting about a poll the last few days, it all makes sense now (Twitter fake accounts now)

Oh I have been saying the same for weeks now and the same few posters say im lying. Ask anyone about “the Merrion” at they just look at you. Big news for some people. The rest of us it was chip bags weeks ago

(cue accusations of all sorts now for having a different opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Is this for real? Can't see this ending well.

Why? once you delete the thousands of rubbish I expect they will get from fake accounts you will get good ideas

Problem is people will spend days deleting the rubbish from the twitter accounts because its always the small group who think they speak for the entire nation.

Win a video call from Leo, ah they don't help themselves do they 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,377 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Oh I hope and pray this government lasts until 2025 - I cannot even imagine how agitated the robotic loyalists will be by then 😂

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

One person's rubbish is another person's treasure. So there might be things in there that you think are rubbish because they don't conform to the way you think or like but may be they do to a lot of other people.

Also what this says to me is that FG have run out of idea's. I see the soc dem's have submitted a suggestion but can't see it being introduced.

• Advertisement

how many email will they get asking about Merrion etc so you know what rubbish I am talking about. Why do you bother twisting peoples posts? Can we not have a bit of cop on instead of every post trying to be a battle?

A good party has their opinion and also gets feedback from the public. If they just go off and do things it could be wrong for The public. This should be applauded and not questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Once again you are deliberately lying and accusing me of calling FI idiots and liars. Pure dishonest tactic when I have clearly implied neither.

I am suggesting that you are completely fabricating a claim that they were completely unaware of the highly publicised new regulations. That was never once suggested by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,985 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So, rather than admit something was gotten wrong and take the medical advice (we're not following it this week it seems) to make sure 'everyone attending is vaccinated', just blame the people and say we are worried but it's grand, go again lads.

Stephen Donnelly says he was 'concerned' at footage of crowds after GAA hurling final (thejournal.ie)

"Unaware" would not be the exact definition here imo, as a spokeswoman from Failte Ireland has basically said so in the statement below. Perhaps unsure might be better, but there's little different in the two.

Still, the main point is, they can't have okd the party, if they were unsure if it broke guidelines or regulations.

From here.

Fáilte Ireland first sought clarity on the definition of “outdoor events” in hospitality settings in June, the tourism body has confirmed.

Guidelines produced by Fáilte Ireland, and the regulations they are based on, were at the centre of a political controversy last week after it emerged former Cabinet minister Katherine Zappone hosted a gathering for 50 people in the Merrion Hotel in July.

In a statement, a spokeswoman for Fáilte Ireland said it first sought clarity on the issue in June from the Department of Tourism.

The department in turn raised the issue with a number of other Government departments, the spokeswoman said.

However, Fáilte Ireland said resulting discussions between officials on the precise definition of outdoor events were still ongoing until the Government released a statement from the Attorney General on the matter last Wednesday.

“In relation to the definition of ‘outdoor events’ in hospitality settings, Fáilte Ireland sought clarity from Department of Tourism officials in June 2021 who subsequently raised the matter with a number of other relevant departments and those discussions were ongoing until the Attorney General’s statement on August 4th,” the spokeswoman said.

there's more than a reasonable, and fair argument to say they were unaware of what exactly had changed as regards the regulations, if they were still seeking "clarification", and the discussions around the clarification were still ongoing, right up until the Attorney Generals intervention bubba.

There's no way around it I'm afraid, they might have been "aware" of regulations being changed, but as they needed clarification on the definition of what exactly changed, no one can, with any certainty say they were aware what exactly had changed.

So, that brings the argument right back to the start in afraid, if Failte Ireland were still seeking clarification, right up to the Attorney General getting involved, and given Leo said they "probably didn't" break regulations, Faitle Ireland's guidelines hasn't been updated, because they weren't sure, and were seeking clarification at that time, and right up until the Attorney Generals intervention, how did the Merrion know it was conforming to regulations?

Who did they ask? Can't have been Failte Ireland, as they're admitting they still didn't know, not only the night of the party, but they still didn't know the day Leo appeared on the telly.

You're using semantics, and playing on words to try and save face here.

Post edited by McMurphy on

Thanks for confirming that I was was 100% correct, and that Failte Ireland were obviously aware of the existence of the new regulations, and that any statements being made from some posters stating that FI were unaware of any new regulations are completely fabricated and made up out of thin air.

Good to get all that resolved - Cheers :)

Aware, but unsure. Hence didn't update their regulations.

So, with that in mind (and cleared up) how did the Merrion hotel know Katherine Zappones party was within regulations.

Who did they seek clarification from,, and how did they do it?

If you don't know, fair enough. But from where I'm looking, there's only two logical explanations.

Zappone, Varadkar and the Merrion are lying, and the AG had to come out and cover their collective asses.

Or

The Merrion hotel got clarification from the attorney general.

Any thoughts yourself bubba?

I would imagine, like most people, where guidelines surrounding legislation are silent you look to the legislation itself and rely on that to form your viewpoint. Quite common in my job, but might not be in yours given you seem to think where guidelines are silent then it means people are stumped? I don't see why the 2 options you have presented are the 2 logical choices here, seems a bit extreme, given the easier potential option of "guidelines are telling us nothing but all looks fine based on the published regulations, so let's accept the booking"? Occam's Razor and all that.

Pretty sure the Merrion themselves have commented stating that also i.e. the guidelines were silent on outdoor events so they relied on the regulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Just read that and I don't get it. An interview from May when we were under different and stricter regulations? What's interesting about that, can you explain?

• Advertisement

Not really. it's about the level of content you would expect to have on Gemma's website.

Doesn't seem like the brightest star in the sky.

The Ditch does news and comment.

We launch summer 2021.

You’ll hear from us.

Advertisement