Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

How many times has this come up, people have a life, they don't have to sit on here all day going down rabbit holes with you on every single subject.

Want to see an example of the campaign? just look at the last few pages on here. Excellent example

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Advice, Francie, sound advice.

We’ve seen where the last nine or ten pages have gone.

Round in circles and back around again.

Just giving the lads the nod as to what to expect, but I’m sure they know the system anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Here is the claim YOU made that you were asked to back up. YOU stiil haven't done that.

Who started this campaign to get SF linked to the past and not the North? Who is running around boards while all other social media has the same campaign

The answer is Sinn Fein so yes they are desperate, so the question is why? Nobody else came up with it

Why do they want to be no longer linked with the North?

You have been asked to give an example on all other social media of this campaign. As usual you have failed to do that. You have also been asked by others to back up the bizarre claim you make that they 'no longer want to be linked to the north' even though last week the usual crew were in lather of outrage because SF were 'glorifying' what happened in the north.

The fact remains again the only evidence of a 'campaign' we have is the one referenced in the RTE article where Micheál allied with Varadkar to dismiss SF's roots.

'the lads'? 😁

The last 9 or 10 pages were I have backed up what I am saying and 'the lads' cannot come up with anything better than 'you are wrong, just because' or 'it's all part of a Shinner conspiracy to alter the facts', altering the transcripts of speeches, posting bogus quotations from books on Wiki etc etc. Or, you 'are part of a Shinner campaign all over social media' designed to 'move away from what happened in the north' that 'the lads' can't give and example of from 'other social media'?

Those 9 or 10 pages?

Have to say, and those familiar with these forums, will no doubt recognise it, this is a classic Brendi tactic - can't debate his position anymore, call it a 'rabbithole' and run. Probably a meme incoming now.

As someone pointed out here recently this is not a court of law, you have no issues ignoring people when you want to, yet demand people to answer when it suits.

Throwing in capitals and bold letters now. Whats the about?

One minute the claim on here is nobody apart from SF can use social media, the next SF can't find anything on it. You see it all over, little comments. It's going on a while now. As I said, look at on here with pages of it. To me and others that is evidence. Hence why the leaders of the major parties picked it up

• Advertisement

Ah so 'little comments, here and there' is a sign of a 'campaign'. Excellent. I'm sure the lads all agree alright. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭mikethecop

im using it as a example of your ridicules claims , considering the harm sf are doing your assertions of moral superiority are as hollow as your argument

using the death of innocents for political gain is a well established sf party political tactic

as usual you made a load of flimsy claims and half arsed accusations then ran ran off with nothing to back them up ,

once again your proof consisted of a heavily biased claim by a person with a huge agenda using parliamentary privilege and provinding , like you no actual proof.

your debunked claims about 1905 sf have been thoroughly exposed as lies already ,

read the thread

you want to use a convicted criminal and dissident terrorist as your source too ?

i suppose it does match up with your history of supporting those causes to date ,

As is often the case, when somebody from outside looks in they can see things more clearly and without the bias and vested interests.

Sinn Féin was originally founded in 1905 with a platform of Irish republicanism, a progressive nationalist ideology that was staunchly pro-Irish identity and anti-British. At the time, all of Ireland was a part of the United Kingdom, but in the ensuing Irish War of Independence, Sinn Féin legislators who refused to sit in the UK Parliament created their own rebel Irish government to support the revolutionaries. 

Once the war was over, and the two sides agreed to the 1921 Anglo-Irish Treaty, which let twenty-six counties govern themselves as the Republic of Ireland and left six northern counties with Protestant and pro-British majorities in the United Kingdom, the party split over support for the new partition that divided the island in two. The pro-Treaty faction would break away to form the party Cumann na nGaedheal (which later evolved into Fine Gael), while the anti-Treaty faction would form Fianna Fáil. Sinn Féin itself continued to exist, but in a severely diminished capacity, consistently failing to win any seats in the national legislature.

And before 'the lads' claim a hollow victory from the 'New' in the article title, please be advised that in the article the 'new' references the new approach taken by Mary Lou after the party preformed badly in local elections.

Sinn Féin has won its success and will maintain its longevity because they were able to tap into not only public anger, but also public optimism. In McDonald’s first elections as party president, bruising losses in local councils and the European Parliament called the party’s future into question. It took less than a year, however, for the party to learn from its mistakes. Realizing that they could not run a successful campaign purely on dissatisfaction with the two major parties, Sinn Féin adopted a new campaign strategy for the next year’s elections to the national legislature, one that put people and policy at the forefront.

The Rise of the New Sinn Féin - Harvard Political Review (harvardpolitics.com)

• Advertisement

'using the death of innocents'?

This very forum sees a selective list used for political gain all the time and it's use is often noted by me and others. That list:

Jean McConville,

Jerry McCabe

The Warrington boys,

Kingsmill

Mairia Cahill

etc etc.

That list has one distinguishing feature, I wonder can you work out what that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

This thread has turned into an absolute trainwreck of pathetic back and forth abuse.

Is actual news about SF so short on the ground that semantics about the party history is all there is to talk about?

How about discussing the latest polling data?

Still don't see how the numbers are likely to translate to a SF led government without FF or FG stepping back from refusing to go into government with them, but clearly the constant talk of their history and the Provos isn't doing enough to put people off voting for them.

FF and FG will not be able to lie about going into coalition next time out. The public will not buy that and it remains to be seen how attractive another FF/FG coalition will be to the public.

I.E. what happens to their core votes if they say they will coalesce. I suspect if FF say it, their core vote will have had enough, so where will that vote find a home?

A fascinating next GE no doubt. The power swap dropping below 40% of the vote. Oh for the heady days of 86%.

How many pages have we now on the Merrion private function and the constant reference to Golfgate?

You are complaining about people talking about serious crimes which SF was involved yet a TD goes to a private function and you are up in arms about it?

Notice a small problem? If FG or FF had any of the following I am sure we would have mountains of posts from you on the topic, not just trying to handwave away the murder of so many people.

Who can forget the standing ovation from Sinn Fein for Pearse McAuley for killing Jerry McCabe

Wilfully missing the point or spectacularly missing it?

The point was made to the person talking about people 'using the deaths of innocents' to point out that there are a cohort on this very site who use a selective list of victims ALL the time. I also posted some of those victims names and asked could he spot a distinguishing feature of the list.

Selective use of victims by any side to score political points is disgusting, perverse and wrong. ANY side.

sure its a few off the top of the list of the victims of sf francie ,

does it make you proud ?

At least you don't pretend what you are doing.

The point of using them is to get a point against the Shinners.

I'll stick to my view that every single death was a tragedy and wrong.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A load of posts deleted and a number of posters sanctioned. Now stick to the topic. We have other threads discussing the Government and other parties.

You should never comment about other posters. Attack the post? Yes. Attack the poster? You will get formal warnings for that and on this new site they quickly accumulate to a siteban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Who was it used the Quinn family in the final weeks of the last election?

its no ones fault but sfs if mentioning the crimes of the party offends you ,

i know youd rather it all just went away and ye could pretend that ye are a normal party but thats just not the case

• Advertisement

What crime have SF committed in relation to Paul Quinn?

Sinn Fein didn't kill Paul Quinn or use his murder for an election. Your claim was SF using their victims or some nonsense.

the paul quinn investigation is still ongoing so you should be careful what you say here , some people may still be getting arrested for withholding information etc

and my point was that sf dont like to hear the names of the victims of their activity's , that is very clear in spite of you guys trying to distort every one else posts

My objection to the selective list is the perversity of those who think only one side created victims.

They don't care about victims at all, it is cheap political points they are interested in. Witness Paul Quinn's family and Mairia Cahill being dropped like hot potatoes when they fulfilled their purpose. Witness the Dublin Monaghan/Glenane etc victims in the cold while Micheál is doing photo ops with one of those selected victims on the steps of the Dáil. Hypocrisy writ large.

The family at least got an apology, something SF had refused to do

Rhe Quinn’s didn’t get dropped, it’s now at a stage the police/Gardai need SF and witness to come forward with new evidence. The SF TD won’t and like other witnesses they are probably scared of been killed by the PIRA if they talk

Were have you seen this? Have you a link to 'the police/Gardai saying they need SF and witnesses to come forward'?

Or is this made up?

wasnt me who posted a list , you ll have to look to your own for that ,

i ve said many times all the victims should have justice , but sf are standing in the way of justice for some arent they ?

The apology no they got that

The hiding of details that continues

So no link to the PSNI saying SF need to do anything.

Thanks for clearing that one up.

• Advertisement

Shifting the story now. The government parties used a dead man's family in an election. That's what I'm stating. Your hearsay is a different matter. As you know, people can be arrested on suspicion, if the Garda think they are worth bothering, yet still innocent until proven guilty 😉

Advertisement