Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭deravarra

"Article" referred to "person" - not an article on a newspaper or website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only listening to today's show now

Fair play to Joe Duffy for covering the anti Vax loopers in question...a truly horrible thing to do and calling out some of the individuals involved. Very brave of her sister to speak up.

Gemmaroid, Dee Wall and the likes are seriously horrible individuals, grifters and loopers the lot of them. No surprise the majority of them have a PayPal or similar link on their social media (Gemmaroid has at least been chucked off pretty much everything thankfully).

The one good thing that is happening is they are all turning against each other...you love to see it.

One fancy fibre gade

#CatmaniacCreations

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

I saw de Stones in 65 Joe by accident, I was dere to see Brendan Bowyer do "Do De Hucklebuck" and he blew dem away Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Vroom vroom.

PBH on the death theme this morning...

"and how do you feel after your wife has recently died of Covid?"

a theme likely to be continued in the afternoon.

🪦🪦🪦🪦🪦

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Can't abide PBH, arrogance personified, I've tuned out for his latest stint covering Claire Byrne on her latest holiday 😉

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Yes, he does comes across as arrogant, but his delivery is extremely smooth and professional.

I would have thought Slimey and Patronising as opposed to smooth and professional but of course IMO 😉

• Advertisement

Two sides of de same coin, in one way. He's no John Creedon, who comes across as professional, warm and sincere.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Absolutely 😉

Have seen /heard, talk of P Kenny returning to RTE Radio 1 🤔

Always liked him albeit he gets a little excited over antigen testing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Imo and tis only an opinion, Pbh is a perfect example of a certain class of people to be found on this Island, he's all wokier than thou... all for travellers culture, all for filling up the country with economic migrants/refugees call them what you will, when in actual fact the only time they interact with them would be when the Brazilian girl or whoever comes to clean their pad for minimum wage once a week or the educated migrants they may meet in a hospital or in the course of their work, campaigners and such... and can you imagine the palaver in the Pbh household if son or daughter came home and announced they met a lovely traveller girl/boy and they reaaaaaly loved him/her, mark my words nine times out of ten that child would be dispatched to Aunt or Uncle in upstate New york till the glow of love wore off and they were steered expertly into marrying someone more suitable, someone of their own class... No no equality and all that stuff is fine around the dinner table but in reality, different story 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wow, so many tropes and clichés packed in to one short post.

Well done!

Or perhaps not in his Back Garden So to speak 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Joe sounds very cast down....

...oh no, wait he's perked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

traveler pre arranged weddings and Gemma O'Doherty today

has potential

*Today's agenda simple, according to Joe, but take that with a pinch of salt a d'eert...*

Deb Cahill from yesterday, sad death of sister Nicole being hijacked by Gemma O'Doherty & co.

Pre-arranged marriages in Travelling Community should stop now, according to a Traveller who called in.

Allegedly on today's show....

• More heart thuggery from Joe as he tries to highjack already highjacked funerals.
    • I missed this bit but I'm guessing either menopause, Fr Marmion or some sort of a scam.
    • Another email to be readed out, as if it comes from a buke.
    • A Traveller woman says that there should be no more arranged Traveller marriages. Just ask Kermy

See you all in an hour so to speak

This could be interesting Boss

• Advertisement

No pink pigeons were harmed in the making of this Frock 😁

I worked in the hospitality sector for many years, I could tell some stories on certain types cultural events 😁😁

There actually underneath the fetching frock, a kind of support, so to speak, I'd imagine, not a very pleasant experience 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is the research team still working through the avalanche of calls and letters after the oldest divorce letter that was readout a couple of weeks ago and never mentioned again?

I'd forgotten about that, yet another quite bizzare moment, I suspect another sibling got wind and stopped any further mention of it or producer had a rare moment of common sense and stopped the feature for fear of the couple being identified so to speak, the actor doing the voice over won't be using the gig in her resume I suspect.

Every time Joe says death his trousers expand a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the mention of Gemma and reality in the same sentence does not go together

Has Gemma Doherty paid any of her rather substantial legal fee's 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Gemma O D.

That greatest stain on this country

Advertisement