Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

hi I’m still in same boat. Message from yesterday is still up on their website. Spoke on phone there and they put me through to a voicemail. I left a message explaining this and hopefully they get back to me.

Hoping they don’t want to lose out on application payments so can apply tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FE.ONE

Ya I was put through to a voicemail today when I rang also. Very rare that someone actually answers when you are put through to a different department. I'm in contact with the person in charge of fixing the issue by email, but haven't received any response today when i asked when it might be expected to be fixed. I've been trying to resolve payment issues since the 14th of August when I tried to buy past papers, bit of a joke to be honest, but then again completely keeping in line with what I expect from the Law Society judging by what I've experienced since I started doing the FE1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Anyone have any suggestions on what to focus on for company? My least favourite subject so any advice would be appreciated! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

is it worth leaving out competition law in EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Get a grid. Start with the subjects that come up most often and work your way through to the ones that come up least often until your confident youv enough topics covered to attempt 5 questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Can you defer an exam If you have paid for it?

Think they just give you a refund can’t defer it

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Could anyone please explain the Jackie greene construction case in express terms in contract law? Cannot get my head around it! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Anyone any advice on shortening down constitution topics? So many of them…

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KCSLAW

Hey guys, just wondering whether anyone is selling a copy of the Companies Acts - send me a dm if so. Also would love some suggestions on which topics to focus on for the exam as I'm nervous about cutting too many out! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

Hey everyone! For those who did equity, does promissory estoppel come up that often?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Pc_law

Hey everyone,

For equity, I have been told that charitable trusts, cy-pres and purpose(non-charitable) come up together but from what I can see on the grids, it is usually just charitable and cy-pres together or charitable by itself? Could anyone shed some light on this and whether I can leave out non-charitable.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

You need to know all three. It's nigh on impossible to answer a cy-pres question without (non-)charitable purpose trusts.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

For anybody doing EU; would it be okay doing the following?

Institutions, General Principles, Direct Effect & MSL, Judicial Review, Free Movement of Goods, Competition, Free Movement of persons?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

Hi

Does anyone have an up to date grid for property and both 2020 papers and March 2021.

Thanks in advance

Gus Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FE1NOS

Hey folks,

Last call on the grinds sessions is today as groups and sessions are being finalised and planned this weekend. If anyone is still interested feel free to DM this account at any stage today and we can arrange a chat over the weekend.

Happy Friday!

R

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Hey guys would anyone have up to date sample answers for company? Have loads of other materials I can share in return. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Does anyone have a PDF manual for property they could send me. I have materials for every other subject I can trade for. PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭vkfe1

Hi,

I was meant to sit Contract in March but doing it In October instead. I'm fairly okay with it but finding it difficult to pick topics.

Any advice on the following - what i can add/take away (hopefully the latter....) Not doing a course this time round so don't have the added bonus of lecturer's top picks!!

• O & A
    • Consideration & Estoppel
    • Consumer Protection
    • Exclusion Clauses
    • Misrepresentation & Mistake (just a bit of mistake)
    • Discharge (examiner seems to love Frustration lately...)
    • Privity
    • Remedies

Thanks in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tryandsuemee

Hey, if anyone is stressing about constitutional law and is strapped for time i have Everything you need for constitutional law fe1 exam just DM me

Notes with all the latest caselaw 2021

Up to date lecture notes with latest caselaw

Constitutional law sample answers

Revision workshops 2021

PDF Manual

Constitutional law latest caselaw conference with all the most important cases from the previous year hosted by the Examiner himself

Case note workshop

2 Copy of constitutional law paper corrected by examiner one with 68%

Detailed pdf of how to answer questions for constitutional law and what the examiner is looking for from past questions 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 lawd20

Yes I'm thinking of just doing these topics as well...... Maybe try and include preliminary references just incase.

If anyone else has any feedback on topics for EU, would love to hear from you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Hi guys,

Does anyone have up to date grids for either Tort, Equity or Property?

Would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jbholmes

Could anybody help with a Property grid. Have plenty of materials to exchange. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CiaraND16

Hi does anyone have the examiners report for Company and EU please from the March sitting? Have lots of material to swap in all subjects!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Constitutional:

Hey guys, does anyone have some past papers for constitutional? ☺️

Also any advice from people who have passed it, how hard of a marker is the examiner? 😶

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Flynner999

What is everyone focusing on for company law? Currently working full time and will only have a couple of weeks off around the exams so only really have time to study the essential topics properly.

Based on the exam grids I would say the following are essential but not really sure what else to prioritise:

• Consequences of Incorporation
    • Directors + conflicts of interest
    • Borrowing (charges and debentures)
    • Restrictions and disqualifications
    • Separate Legal Personality
    • Realisation of Assets
    • Share transfer
    • Capacity & Authority
    • Protecting Minorities
    • Realisation of Assets

Anything else??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭AA21

Duress hasn’t been up in a while and it’s not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 20 UCCME

Hi all, I am in bad need of an updated property grid if anyone can help me out... thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Hi There,

i am in the same position - working full time and attempting company for the first time.

i am going to do my best to cover the topics you have mentioned but am also including ;

• winding up
    • Examinership
    • receivership / liquidation

I would be happy to trade notes if you would like to PM me and any other advice people may have on here is appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 LawCopy16

Hey! If anyone has it I would really appreciate if anyone could send me the Exam Report for Company October 2019 and Exam paper for company March 2021. I just tried to buy them from the law society and I didn't realise that they get delivered by post rather than by email and that you can't buy what you need for an individual subject :/ I can trade materials for constitutional/criminal/EU/property (most up to date is constitutional) in return!

Advertisement