Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,984 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fairly classic obfuscating of the issues going on with you Bubba.

Are you comfortable with the AG's involvement in this? If the 'issue' is as clear as you say, why did he need to?

If there was no issue, and one Hotel in the entire country got it all right and within the regs, why have Leo and Ivana apologised?

And why was the Hotel lying here when it clearly said elsewhere they had broken regs:

In a new statement, the hotel said: “At all times since the start of the pandemic, The Merrion hotel has adhered to Government public health measures including the relevant guidelines that were in place at the time of the event on July 21st.”

Yet when asked to consult the AG about lawbreaking in the Leak incident, and publish it Micheál Martin said: 'I’ve no intention of embroiling the Attorney General or anyone else'.

But they hotfooted to him a few months later?

PULL - THE - OTHER - ONE Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Can you supply a quote to back up that? If it's in my linked articles it should be easy.

The FI website didn't feature those details at the time of the Merrion event. this is accepted fact.

No random Joes in the Hospitality industry? If you read the links or kept up on current affairs you'd know representatives of the hospitality industry and Tanaiste didn't know. Also FI didn't, based on their published recommendations at the time. Verified facts.

You've gone from denying fact, to using what other sources were available, to suggesting FI maybe didn't want to post the regulations the industry they represent were to follow 😎

Failte Ireland. Sought. Clarity. After. The. Event.

Real question is what did the merrion know, and if they knew where they got their info considering the industry, FI and Tanaiste didn't know? Supposing the Merrion checked with anyone of course.

Is the idea the industry lost millions in livelihood, to stick it to Zappone and Varadkar, months before the crony event even happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Off you go on a tangent again. I'm simply stating the facts. The AG is not only permitted to do what he did, it's one of his primary functions.

You're suggesting that the AG isn't allowed or isn't supposed to provide legal advice to the Government. On what basis do you make that claim?

Where did I say he wasn't allowed?

It is noted as unusal by other deputiezs and journalists and the Taoiseach was having no truck with him getting involved in a previous incidence.

Also the AG issued a statement as far as I know. It wasnt the government publishing his advice as you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Anyone see the Green nutters getting an injunction against Roscommon County Council flood relief scheme, claimed they were threatened by the 'RA,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

The website is made up and a complete joke.

The manager can say what they want, it was a private call. They could tell the man they are able to climb Mount Everest. Anyway its on the other thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Private call? It was an interview for a travel Vlog.

Did he tell them he can climb mount everest? As I said already they could have broken the guidelines 20,000 times and it doesn't make a difference if they didn't at the Zappone event which has been proven they haven't.

Now it has a thread of its own to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Look, you clearly need to reread what has gone on here and the timelines. The new regulations came out on 5 July and FI were, along with the rest of the country, aware of them. They were linking in with the Department of Tourism for clarity from early July and seeking assistance with drafting their Failte Ireland guidelines for the hospitality sector on foot of these new regulations, which seemed to have large delays in getting any types of responses from the Department until the Merrion Hotel event news broke, which is a separate issue in itself and points to severe inefficiencies in the Department of Tourism. But to continue to suggest that FI as an organisation were completely unaware of the existence of the new regulations is possibly the most baffling argument I have come across on here, and that is saying something. I highly doubt you genuinely believe that argument yourself given how nonsensical it is.

Absolutely baffling line of thinking and I have no idea where you have got it from.

Why no screenshot of the actual statutory instrument from 5 July?

The actual legally binding legislation must be unhelpful to his argument ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's an information note. An information note does not constitute a binding statute. Only the binding statute matters.

It's just like is written in the Rules of the Road - it is not the law, merely an interpretation of it.

Poor aul Chay Bowes has gone well down the rabbit hole on this one. Like Paddy, he's obviously got a deep personal grudge that needs satisfying. I wonder what Chay's is?

Not sure what relevance that story has to a thread about the Government, but sounds pretty serious if one of the sides in a court case are being threatened for whatever reason? Looks like the judge sided with the "green nutters" anyway.

I actually doubt the ability of a lot of people to differentiate between actual legislation and general guidance due to this entire fiasco.

So haivng tried to work out what your point is, are you saying

that Varadkar didn't know the legislation as he feels he needed to apologise and lost the run of himself. or whatever term he used.

Ivana Bacik, no slouch on legislative matters didn't know either and felt the need to apologise,

the person who drafted that note Chay Bowes posted, didn't know either,

99% of the hospitality industry didn't know. but the Merrion Hotel, which has been caught out lying, did know and that makes everything hunky dory?

Is that the gist of it?

All you are doing is giving your opinion on what FI knew and when. At least we agree the FI website needed to be up dated after the Merrion crony knees up took place. Whenever it's alleged the regulations, as clarified by the AG came out, either FI knew and weren't telling anyone or they didn't know. We know the Tanaiste and Hospitality industry didn't know. I return to my earlier question, do you think the Hospitality industry are lying? Why would they choose to lose millions in business?

Clay and Paddy are best mates. Both are willing to down down with the ship. It reminds me of Gemma and john :-)

Exactly. Follow the money. Why would an industry desperate to re-open and save their businesses not have known what The Merrion saw so easily?

Just bizarre. I actually am going to stop engaging at this point as your point of argument literally makes no sense. I have made my point perfectly clear and you seem to continue making bizarre suggestions that nobody knew about the highly publicised new regulations. The regulations that included reopening indoor dining. Nobody knew about them apparently. Mind numbing stuff that I am giving up engaging with.

• Advertisement

Once the truth wasn’t juicy enough the lies started

It was the same with the Zappone role, very soon it was just lies been spread around as the role itself wasn’t paid enough etc

The only lies I see are the ones the Merrion told.

The rest is questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Well the Greens up here were mostly former disident republicans so claiming they were threatened sounds iffy

We seem to now agree the FI website did not have the information.

It's fact the FI website didn't have the information on it. It's fact the entire hospitality industry and it's representatives didn't have that information.

It's fact the Tanaiste didn't have that information.

These are the facts. There is no alternative truth.

Nobody knew the regulations you somehow believe were highly publicised. I've posted links to articles verifying this and I heard with my own ears on News at 1 and Drive time. You can believe in whatever else you like but you'd be wrong.

You trying to broaden the scope to include all indoor dining regulations, beyond the ones the Merrion availed of and your earlier surmising that FI had the info but maybe didn't bother their barney telling their industry suggests to me you are being dishonest in your opinion posted here. Happy to leave you there.

It's all in the one statutory instrument published 5 July mate, so no idea how you claim that is "broadening the scope". If you are aware of the statutory instrument reopening indoor dining, then you are also automatically aware of the one under discussion. As it is the exact. same. document.

I'll leave you and your blatant made up nonsensicals at it sure. You sure love them.

Actually can't believe I have lowered myself to debating with you whether FI were aware of the new regulations that published 5 July. Why do I even bother. Unbelievable.

You repeating that it was published elsewhere doesn't make it published on the FI website. You referenced all the indoor dining policy suggesting if they knew one part they must have known it all. That's trying to broaden the scope, be honest. You need to be arguing with Failte Ireland, the Hospitality Industry and the Tanaiste. I'm merely recounting their claims as nationally published and broadcast on not having that information, until the AG 'clarified'.

Constantly calling it made up and bizarre after I supplied links that verify it falls on you horse.

You are not recounting anyone's claims though, you have blatantly just made them up. That's the issue. Literally nobody has suggested that they were unaware of the existence of the highly publicised new regulations. Literally nobody. Only you are suggesting that.

You have either very badly misread the information and comments from FI and others about what transpired or else you are deliberately making things up. I don't overly care which one it is. Bye now.

So answer this simple question. Why did FI not have it on their website?

• Advertisement

I said I was done with this nonsenscial debate, and given you ignored my question earlier I feel that I have no requirement to respond to yours in any case.

Advertisement