Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

For every person complaining about immigrants and wanting Ireland to go back in to the past in terms of isolation and non-integration, there are many many more who are welcoming and appreciative of others.

That's not exactly difficult when most of us were raised in a religion that pushed guilt on to us (original sin), and while the religion is diminishing in influence, the same methods of guilt are pushed by the State and the media. Just like you have done by attempting an emotional guilt trip towards anyone who is critical of immigration.

We also have a political elite and RTE who are very selective in how they present viewpoints, being extremely pro-multiculturalism/immigration, while avoiding any negative considerations. There are very few articles or viewpoints within politics or the media that seek to shed any light on the costs to the state, or the implications for normal people.

I'm sure you know this, but it's worth saying anyway. People (both on boards and elsewhere) can be critical of immigration while also being welcoming/appreciative of the immigrants who contribute positively to society.

Oh... and who has been wanting Ireland to go back to isolation? Or is that an empty claim just for dramatic effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

What has emigration (legally) got to do with fake asylum seekers/visa overstayers??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobbieTheRobber threadban lifted

Funny how those who are being persecuted can leave their family behind and it's not used against them as collateral.

Isn't that what happens in the movies, the entire family go as they know the family could be used to lure the persecuted out of hiding.

It's almost like theres no threat of persecution to begin with... they wouldn't lie would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Yeah the movies that's always a great place to start assessing reality.

Like how the hero's can shake off multiple gunshots wounds without bleeding to death and that's before we get into the one handed pistol grips and the walking away from explosions.

Gun fire and explosions don't cause any issues for hearing.

Actually the problems with how movies display real life would probably be a whole thread on their own.

But yeah what was your point again Gilberto?

• Advertisement

Maybe its you though Klaz maybe the way the national broadcaster presents certain viewpoints is more in line with the national consensus and its your opinion that's different and a minority one.

I mean the electing the same parties (or as you call them the "political elite" ohhhhhh conspiratorial) over and over again would seem to indicate that is the national consensus.

That's quite a few maybes to put in a sentence...

I know that my viewpoint is in the minority... and perhaps I should have been more obvious in what I posted previously. I did point out the lack of critical examination by the politicians and media about immigration having an impact on the awareness of the Irish people. It's easy to shape the national consensus when you're limiting the information that is made commonly available to them. The minority would be those who actively seek out information on the topic...

Political elite seems conspiratorial to you? You seem to have a very different understanding of what/who the elites are in any given society. All societies have them, and politicians tend to end up there, due to the influence and ability to push policy to benefit themselves.

Dunno why you're dropping the election of the same parties as if it's some point I made.. since I didn't. That's all your input there.

Its not a few maybes. It's a couple of maybes.

I pointed out elections because our "political elite" or Teactha Dála to use the correct terminology are elected by the people. Unless you are making claims our government is chosen some other way Klaz?

Can't make a multicultural omelette without decapitating a few heads. A small price to pay for the paradise we will become.

Can you quantify what you are saying here. Its unclear. How many heads have been decapitated as a result of multiculturalism in Ireland so far?

• Advertisement

"I guess you could say migration into Europe from the Middle East and Africa has been "fiery, but mostly peaceful"." - We were talking about Europe if you had followed the conversation.

But Ireland will be a magical, wonderful place that won't have any of the issues that our European neighbours have had and continue to have, isn't that right Rob.

Well Europe is not the topic of thread its Ireland. Have a look for yourself its right there at the top of the page!

"What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland?"

Ireland is indeed a magical place to me Fandymo. I for one am most grateful that I was born here and not many other places in the world including the United States of AmeriKKKa. So if its not different I presume you will have no problem answering my question below.

How many heads have been decapitated as a result of multiculturalism in Ireland?

What the hell are you on about? No, seriously. Second post in a row, where you're referring to crap I haven't written.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You think compassion and empathy is more akin to guilt?

Says it all.

Imagine, using evidence from similar countries as an example of what is likely to happen here. Where do you think these multicultural people are gonna come from?? 🤣 🤣🤣 They'll suddenly just appear here, definitely won't come from other countries, because of a thread title on Boards!!!

I'd say the vikings separated quite a few heads from shoulders, when they started multiculturing Ireland. Cromwell too. Couldn't put a number on it thought, but i'd say between 1-10,000, could be more though. Before my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Who's talking about fake asylum seekers/visa overstayers?

So multiculturalism is fine, it's just the illegal overstayers is the issue, is that what you're saying?

You used the term "political elite" define it in relation to Ireland?

To me the political elite are the elected members of Dáil Éireann. The Teactha Dála.

You said there were a few maybes in my post. There was actually a couple. I thought it was commonly accepted that a few meant more than two, where as a couple means two.

I hope that helps you understand now.

The Vikings and cromwell, well I hope they dont come back again.

Is that your best effort, really?

I'd put you on ignore but I would miss gags like your post above.

😀😁😂🤣

I used the term the political elite, yes. And you've just agreed who the political elite in Ireland are. How does any of that relate to your "Unless you are making claims our government is chosen some other way Klaz?" Did I post anything about how our politicians are elected? Does the term political elite suggest that they gain their positions in some other way?

Well replied Tell me How. Rise above the ad hominem insults.

• Advertisement

That is what the vast majority of the so called 'anti-immigrant/racist' posters have said from the very beginning of this thread. Legal, controlled immigration of those who will contribute to our country, are more than welcome. False asylum seekers, visa overstayers etc. should be rounded up and deported.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Cordell

If you believe we should prejudice, or discriminate another race or culture of people because you believe that yours is superior, then yes, you are a racist.

Between us and the talibans, isn't our culture superior? Aren't they one of the most vile group of people on the planet?

Between Irish Catholic Paedophile priests and the Taliban who is culturally superior?

The Taliban as group at top estimates equate to approximately 200,000.

There are roughly 1,800,000,000 Muslims in the world.

So at top estimates of the Taliban numbers they account for 0.00011111111% of Muslims in the world. Yeah I reckon we should develop our policy on how to interact with Muslims based on the Taliban.

😀😁😂🤣

Why are so many people from Africa/Middle East trying to get into Europe? Our lack of culture?? How many Europeans are trying to enter Africa/Middle East illegally??

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted - stick to the topic or do not post

Actually, Robbie, I called them both... and I've used the term politician far more times. I've used the term political elite a few times previously, because I do consider politicians like the Berties, the charlie haughey's, etc to be an elite in Ireland.

You do have a habit of nitpicking as opposed to dealing with the content of the post itself. Like your desire to nitpick over a definition of elite, or the desire to wrangle over my use of the term political elite, rather than deal with the overall post you took it from.

As for the politicians, I can refer to them whatever way I like... one that carries the meaning to the reader. ie, politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Ah FFS.

That man came to Ireland to actually study and then got a job here.

He didn't rock up in a truck or in a flight with a pregnant wife claiming asylum.

And they were Kurds, one of the few groups fro that part of the world I wouldn't begrude asylum to since they are usually scrwed over every which way by the Turks, Iraqis, Syrians and laterally the Yanks.

And we have raised money to repatriate our own from overseas manys the time and didn't refuse contributions from natives neither.

By the way just to worry one poster even more, Mayo are going to have rakes of muslims playing for them in the future, allah akbar. 😂

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭enricoh

We'll ignore those points raised wojek if you don't mind. Now perhaps you would like to fill a page or two discussing the political elite in Ireland instead? Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I believe you have mistakenly took my post as sarcastic. It was nothing of the sort. I am genuinely delighted that people stepped up to the plate and showed some kindness.

Advertisement