Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

READ SUMMARY IN POST 986 - Amazon.uk Post-Brexit

Options
1535455565759»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ogham wrote: »
    Has anyone had to return faulty/broken items to Amazon Uk where "import fees" were charged?
    Did you get a full refund including the import fees ?

Returned something yesterday in a post office that was an electrical item (faulty), it originally had import duties as part of the original transaction.

Money turned up in Revolut this afternoon - the full price I paid, have to commend Amazon on their customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

dubmick wrote: »
    strangely got an Amazon package delivered by AnPost today. I'd say it's about 6 months now where every package was delivered by Amazon themselves, well ParcelKing.

Out in the shticks, we have only received Amazon deliveries from An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

If I buy something from Amazon UK that is fulfilled by Amazon or where it says "Sold by ... and dispatched by Amazon", does that mean I don't also have to pay Irish Vat and handling fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Well I'm paying Prime and suddenly packages are getting delayed, used to be 1 or 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Brian2011 wrote: »
    If I buy something from Amazon UK that is fulfilled by Amazon or where it says "Sold by ... and dispatched by Amazon", does that mean I don't also have to pay Irish Vat and handling fee?

You pay VAT over everything since July 1st. So if your shipping address is in ROI then you pay 23% VAT. If you mean customs fee with handling fee, you pay that over all items over 22 euro.

• Advertisement

Poncke wrote: »
    You pay VAT over everything since July 1st. So if your shipping address is in ROI then you pay 23% VAT. If you mean customs fee with handling fee, you pay that over all items over 22 euro.

So you only have to pay a handling fee if your item is over €22 in value, are you sure about that??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This VAT stuff really needs a FAQ..

Poncke wrote: »

I think you have to pay a handling fee regardless of value??

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Basq wrote: »
    This VAT stuff really needs a FAQ..

On the other forum

This thread is only not punted over there are as there consumer rights concerns about returns for faulty kit etc.

So you only have to pay a handling fee if your item is over €22 in value, are you sure about that??

Not sure what you mean with handling fee.

Limit for duty is €150

• Advertisement

I think you have to pay a handling fee regardless of value??

Again, what do people mean with handling fee??

We're talking about Amazon. Amazon don't charge a handling fee.

A handling fee would be charged by the carrier like Anpost an d only if they have to collect the duty. For example when you have the item delivered to a UK forwarding address. If you have it delivered directly your ROI address Amazon only charge the customs duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭jbv

Still using AnPost to deliver for Amazon it's a bad decision. I don't see that having a future. AnPost is making a big mess delivering and trying to charge VAT twice.

Have a parcel on hold by customs almost 1 week now.

Send them the original invoice to prove, Tax paid.

Item still not delivered and still no reply from AnPost other that they experience delays.

Will definitely get my money back from Amazon making sure that Amazon will know the seller and AnPost didn't make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

The tax would be required regardless of the carrier. An Post only collect for revenue based in what is shown on the package. Was it from Amazon or sold by a third party through amazon?

I find An Post extremely efficient with my Amazon packages. Never a delay, never any vat to be collected. But then I ensure I buy from Amazon direct and the vat details are clearly shown on the package. It's the fact that Amazon comes via An Post rather than other couriers that keeps us buying from them.

Post edited by Jim_Hodge on

Advertisement