Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welcome to the new Boards.ie platform - Version 1.0 :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Not nearly as bad as everyone else but, just got 2 notifications from a forum that I had been following on the old site haven't refreshed the follow settings on the new site. Checked follow settings, they're already set to "unfollow (only receive default notifications)". This is a total contradiction too, unfollow would mean you shouldn't be receiving any notifications let alone default, would default fall back on the setting in profile preferences; this is set to none though.

Think it might be time to let the boards legal team deal with these Vanilla toerags.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,895 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I had 416 notifactions. Still took me 30 mons to find AH forum. Unmitigated disaster of an 'upgrade'

I am glad now I never followed any forums on the old site. Don't really see the point of notifications apart from when someone mentions you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

1,023. First notification milestone this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

So today when I click into any multi page thread from the thread list (on mobile) it's bringing me to the first post in the thread even though I've been reading the thread all along? On single page threads it's bringing me to the latest posts. Beyond annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

How can we see who the moderators of the category is?

I have reported some stuff that have been previously outlawed on threads but now nothing has been done on them is the reporting function even working?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Have been asking for this since Day 1. Moderation is totally AWOL in some fora

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The benefits of switching to a completely unsuitable platform for the existing userbase 🤐

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

we don't even have a prison forum anymore. that used to be one of my favourite forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No loss there IMO. Ego-stroking fest is all that was - but then it goes to the overly complicated HR-style escalation process that they brought in here a few years back.

BE far better off fixing the basic functionality of the site and remembering that no users/content = no revenue! than trying to tie people up in knots if they have an issue/question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Indeed, a mention or a quote is all that is needed. Noticing a thread has new replies is enough (bolded threads).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Reporting or the flagged function seems broken. Nothing gets actions anymore.

Do PM's work even? I have sent PM's to people and they dont responed while in the past they used to.

Also, some spam thing is blocking me from posting or reporting posts for up to 5 minutes at a time. Is this some new feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mentioned this already as have others but nothing seems to to have changed.

On Desktop

When you open a thread you have bookmarked to see a new post, the window opens with the top portion of the post out of view leading you to have to scroll up the page to see the start of the post, pure annoying. It's as if it's set to automatically take you to the comment box to start typing a response or something.

On Desktop the messages envelope icon still reports an error when I click on it & that's a long time being mentioned too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭barry181091

This has now been greatly improved for me. Not as fast as I would like, but way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

On desktop - is anyone else getting strange split screen/overlays of cloudflare as they scroll thru threads?

I've never seen this happen before. Been signed in like 3 minutes, scrolled down this thread, when ^ that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭mossie

Seems to be slower on desktop this evening compared to earlier. Certainly a lot slower for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't believe the site is still this slow. I'd be asking for a refund at this stage if I ran boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

1468 notifications, just the 400 odd extra added today. Can I get to 2,000 before the end of the day, that’s the question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

My Threads (which is my default starting page whenever I visit Boards) seems to have only one page of threads. Is there a way of seeing older threads?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Any chance of some moderation? I've been called a nonce, a paedophile and a twat in the space of a few posts and nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I shouldn't laugh, but... 🤣

But yeah, this whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster. If Vanilla could fix it, they would have done by now

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Oh it's fine. Just I got infracted and threadbanned for calling someone a racist within seconds.

It's been brought to another thread now. Poster (a 'newly registered' poster nonetheless) is clearly obsessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭mossie

The more time that passes since the switchover to Vanilla the more it seems that Boards did not properly check it out before switching. So many issues that should have been resolved before changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭GBX

And back to having random notifications from threads I haven't posted in. Thought it was all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Went the whole day without logging in!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Roll back to VB.

This is not improving.

Month later and its still the same pretty much.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement