Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house Phonewatch installed

Options
  • 29-06-2021 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭

Hoping to be moving to a new house in the next few months, and the new house seems to have a Phonewatch alarm installed.
    Curious to what we could expect to pay per month for monitoring, and if we decided not to do that do Phonewatch take away the equipment or would the previous owner have bought it and so it stays at the house? If it stays can you still use it as an alarm without monitoring or does it have to be monitored and paid monthly etc.?
    Clueless as haven’t had an alarm in our previous house.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

sillysocks wrote: »
    Hoping to be moving to a new house in the next few months, and the new house seems to have a Phonewatch alarm installed.
    Curious to what we could expect to pay per month for monitoring, and if we decided not to do that do Phonewatch take away the equipment or would the previous owner have bought it and so it stays at the house? If it stays can you still use it as an alarm without monitoring or does it have to be monitored and paid monthly etc.?
    Clueless as haven’t had an alarm in our previous house.
    Thanks!

All depends on the system installed.
    Do you know what type?

If you buy a house with an alarm it comes with the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

altor wrote: »
    All depends on the system installed.
    Do you know what type?

If you buy a house with an alarm it comes with the house.

Guessed it would stay at the house but had seen a few posts that made me think that you can use the Phonewatch alarm without actually signing up to monitoring and paying monthly?
    Haven’t a clue what type, just saw the phone watch box on the wall and a panel in the hall. Ah it’ll wait until we move in anyway but was just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'm in a similar position - moved onto a new house (rental) and PhoneWatch alarm fitted but not active. Kinda avoiding drawing them on me if I can find out elsewhere what they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

i'm in the same boat I just got the keys today and the property has a phonewatch system installed but not active.

I would just like a non monitored alarm but don't have the security code to setup the system. Two of the sensors have cameras inside the house and I don't know why but I find it creepy so would like to replace or just cove the cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

I am just wondering if there is some software to connect to the box and set it up to send you emails or texts with notification. I know that there is simcard inside but it can be replaced. My contract is over and I am thinking to take control over that box to manage all settings. Any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

What system have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

The box itself is locked to P.W. so cant be taken over like that.

Advertisement