Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Healy Raes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Doubt that somehow, Croke park is a walk in vaccination centre. There's a pretty big Garda presence around there, nice try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

It’s not, loads of videos floating around WhatsApp of all sorts going on in pub in last few weeks

load of lads with shirts off waving them while dancing on the bar is one

Seems to be recorded by Maura Healy Rae from the videos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭rolling boh

pub was not in croke park but down the road was full inside and loads outside anyone who was at the match and heading into town would have seen it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

As I said, the area has lots of Gardai around, not a hope a pub up the road would be packed to the rafters with no social distancing. You should have done your homework before making up that story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tbf, that other poster is right. I've been into the 2 Dubs matches that have been on the last couple of weekends and the pubs around Dorset st and bottom of Whitworth Rd have been heaving. And they were the same after the games.

We went in early the first day for a pint and didnt even bother going into any pub in the end and just went to the stadium, it looked crazy in all the ones we checked.

That was with a heavier than usual Garda presence because of a match day. Two Garda standing directly across from one pub who were obviously just turning a blind eye. So its definitely happening in the area mentioned.

it was the summer hill side i came up saw no guards neat the pub personally i do not really care about them at the moment i had my car so no interest in drinking but i saw what i saw .This is going slighty off thread i suppose at this point .

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mariab21

If anyone thinks there is not pubs in every town and village in the country jammed last night and tonight , they are lying or have their head in the sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not really the point. A guy, who runs a pub and who also happens to be part of a government who makes the rules,guidelines, whatever, that the rest of us are supposed to follow.

That's the difference between him and Joe Soap pub owner.

Sure Leo and whoever else was there was breaking rules the average joe soap had to stick too

Healy Rae is not in Govt and has no say in any rules or regulations. The Govt cut off all ties with opposition along time ago over covid issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Guards around today before the match and the around croke park looked to be rammed too. Gardai are there to make sure people are now acting the bollox outside and normally on their own or in pairs directing people.

Helps that the pubs were then soon to be empty for the match itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,634 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

If anyone thinks its a problem their head is further in the sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭cute geoge

you could not be much more wrong!!!

Danny is probably a multi millonaire with a plant hire business built up from the time his father had just one truck on the road .He might not come across as intelligent but never had any need for public speaking up until his entry into politics less then 10 years ago so he is prone to putting his foot in his mouth

Calling a spade a spade his pub was out of order breaching the guidelines and should be dealt with in due course

You wont fool the electrate in Kerry no matter how smart you are ,they top the poll because they do their hardest to do their best for the electrate which you find it hard to say about most other td

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Did the same Healy Rae not say "I call on the government to trust publicans"....come on now....

The video was bad enough...but the hosting of an indoor wedding/party....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

‘There’ll be no further comment from the family at this time’ - Michael Healy Rae (comment on the video)

Must be the first time in history that the Healy Rae's have had nothing to say.....

Go away will you, the few people I talked to on the Healy Rae say it’s very easy to fool the locals, show up at public events, every funeral possible, all paid by the tax payer of course

Sneak in a few road repairs etc(all done by tax payer). Oh yeah stick on a bus to go to North to get operations, nothing about actually helping fix the HSE, that’s for the lads in Dublin…

Tell a few stories about sticking it up the lads in Dublin and off you go. Nobody ever questioning them on the entire family on tax payer wages, or why contracts are forced to go via the Healy Rae companies.

Even when the kids beat up the man none of the locals would say anything against them, even when the kids shouting they owned Kerry

When was the last time any newspaper or radio station done an interview with hard question? or looked into the family and the money?

Even in the last election the public paid for them to run, paid a couple of millionaires to run…they are laughing at the electorate and they pat them in the back for doing it

Anyone in a pub, please leave

Covid is out after 11.30. You and Your friends are vaccinated but get out now

Vaccinated people at a wedding, the others here might not have vaccine but we know its grand

Merrion is alrigh thought, 50ish people coming and going for 20 mins

There's an old Kerry saying.. "Money doesn't make one clever" & they do fool the electorate in Kerry every year and laugh their way to the bank. Fair play to them.

Biggest laugh in Kerry's face was when Michael joined the protest against the British company Allsops who were auctioneering distressed properties where Kerry families were being turfed out of their homes.

Straight after the protest, he headed up to the Capital and purchased one of the houses in Castleisland!!!

Classic Healy Rae move!! Pat you on the back with one hand, rape you with the other.. and they still vote for him!! And then proudly post on boards.ie that he's a multi millionaire! They're sharp alright. Sharper than you!

I've no time for either, they are clowns imo

They do good work in Kerry where the people think Dublin has left them behind

Look at the mica crisis, Govt parties won't get a look in there next election (thats 3 counties) if they don't act quick, which they won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do "good" work? More take advantage of a broken system without doing anything to influence or actually help fix that system.

They are far from clowns, they are calculating fcukers, cute as sh1thouse rats and everything that is wrong with the parish pump politician.

They would buy and sell you, they pick their fights, they're very vocal on some issues...you couldn't get them off the airwaves, but curiously silent on others. Self appointed spokesmen on "rooorald Oirlind"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I've been to Croke Park five times for vaccination reasons, and I've never seen a single Garda there. Been to the testing centre close by four times, and it was the same.

That's a lot of vaccinations. I go by a good bit, it's on a route I take.. Always Gardai on bikes & on foot around the entrance and beyond. Last time I drove by there were two cars, four bikes and a motorbike. Maybe you simply didn't notice them.

I had to attend three times myself, for my two vaccinations, and then brought someone else for their two vaccinations.

If there were Gardai there, I would have noticed them!

Just drove by. Still lots of Gardai there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Isn’t there a Garda station a couple of hundred yards from the stadium too?

Am sure there are a few guards around but the situations in some of the pubs happened they just didn't enforce the guidelines no doubt made a decision to let them at it too many people around to be able to do it unless they shut em down on the spot . Manning the vaccination and busy pubs are obviously completely different .

If you are thinking of Fitzgibbon St. station, then it's been closed since 2013 or thereabouts. I think Mountjoy would be the next nearest station.

Went past twice today. 11.15 and 12.20. Not a single Garda at the test or vaccination centre. None anywhere nearby in fact. I'm not saying you are making it up, but maybe you are seeing the security at the centres and confusing them with Gardaí?

Why would there even be a need for the amount of Gardaí you say are there? Surely they have better shît to be doing.

Can't believe you went back to take photos to prove me wrong!! Fair play to you for timing it when there were no Gardai in the frame, this takes time. You must be a devout Healy Rea lover to go to this much whataboutery effort!!!

• Advertisement

Nah, just took that route on the way to and from work. I hardly have time to be hanging around and waiting for the Garda to leave the frame. 😂

I'll have another look on my way home this evening.

You just over egged your story when you said there were two cars, four bikes and a motorbike there.

Kerry man hangs around Croke park taking photos to prove there’s no Gardai around the vaccination centre to police pubs in the nearby area so the Healy Rae’s can look better because if there’s no Gardai, the pubs will be packed in Dublin.

Why didn’t you simply take a shot of the packed pub on your way home or during your seven vaccination visits?

Take a shot of the packed pub tomorrow. Good man. 

Don't think the number of guards at the vaccination centre has much to do with Michael and Danny really.

What are you even going on about? You just spouted a load of shíte about the vaccination being swarmed with Gardaí every time you passed, on the regular. I just said I found the opposite to be the case.

Then you start making up increased vaccination visits for me. I've had my vaccinations there, and brought a disabled relative for theirs.

It's got nothing to do with your rant against the Haely Raes, and you've totally lost me on that point, purely because I've no interest in whatever your argument is.

Bang off a shot of the packed pub. Sure you're hanging around the place all week!

(by the way, this is a thread about the Healy Raes)

What pub are you talking about?

If it's about the Healy-Rae's, why are you going on about a made upGarda presence at a vaccination centre in Dublin?

I passed by Croke Park at 5pm again and not a single Garda there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

What’s the latest on the Healy-Rae pub inquiry?

Normally folk in the media would be all over an event like this?

Seems unusual that it appears to have sank without trace?

The authorities have enough on their plates to be chasing all the pubs etc that pay little heed to the guidelines at this stage the majority don't really care if you don't like it stay at home and let me live as they see it .

Aren't all these cases sinking without coverage?

Gardaí shut a bunch of pubs around Croke Park last weekend, when the GAA was on. Not much being heard about that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nor have we heard anything about the poor lad who was in the car with the Healy-Rae grand-nephew who Darwinised himself into a tree while fleeing the Guards. 14 years old, driving at night, where did he get the car? Was he intoxicated? What is the state of health for the poor passenger?

• Advertisement

What do you want the Gardai to do? Arrest everyone there for breaking covid guidelines?

Doesn't matter about that....sure they own Kerry did yuou not hear?

Gardai investigations into a certain things take a long time (i.e Leo the Leak)

A few videos and pics of a session in pub, will not be high on Gardai priorities when you look at the scumbags wandering around the capital city and most towns and villages.

It's amazing no matter what thread or subject you manage to mention FG.

Looks like the publicans lobby can do what they like.

First we had bar persons up on the counter horsing liquor into people’s gobs.

Then promising the sun moon and stars to get opened up and when it happens, drive a coach and four through every regulation going.

The Gárdai don’t have to arrest everyone , just close down the pubs caught flagrantly breaking the law.

They could arrest a few of the soaks in there too, might soften their cough a bit.

Remember what happened at Christmas .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

The bar with the barman up on the counter managed to lose its licence, so sometimes (not often), actions have consequences. Will the same happen the Kilgarvan mafia - we'll see; it took months for the Berlin bar to be mentioned again in the news after the initial thing went viral on social media - the next mention was the licence renewal. https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0526/1224066-dublin-pub-licence/

Yes, Tauren, that’s how things seem to happen.

Definite lack of implementation in this country of a lot of ‘laws’ and regulations.

Alleged serious incidents are ‘buried’ and expensive enquiries are ordered which don’t come cheap but rarely see the light of day.

There are idiots still out there who still think that ‘putting up signs’ will stop folk from doing stuff.

The sooner that class of dumbo is cleared out of the public service the better.

The Covid pandemic is the living proof of that.

Expect to see Michael in the media giving out about the ban on smokey coal again heard it mentioned on the news today no doubt another attack on rural Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭MBE220d

He was on Newstalk this morning with Pat Kenny, I have no time for the man but he talks about a lot of issues concerning rural Ireland, if city dwellers were told that gas and oil would be banned next year, how would you feel about that, what would you use then.

It's great to be on the climate change bandwagon when it doesn't affect you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement