Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 year olds able to change gender in Scotland

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I was wondering how long it would take for the unicorn comparison to enter the discussion.

A trans-denier as well. Shouldn't be too surprised.

I'll leave you all to it so in your little bubble of hate and mouth-frothing nonsense.

Don't think I didn't notice you liking a post calling me a nonce either.

**** man, change unicorn to monkey/superhero/spaghetti monster. It doesn't change the fact that genders are bullshit. If you believe genders are infinite then you have to advocate that children should be respected for identifying as any of them.

I'm also not trans denying. I'm denying that men who want to be or feel that they are women are anything except just that; men who want to be women or men who feel they are women.

They exist.

They just aren't what they want to be or think they are.

<Mod snip>

Post edited by Ten of Swords on

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

There is boy and girl ,man and woman

Two is not a spectrum ,and definitely not like the autistic spectrum which covers a broad range of conditions and symptoms most of many are different from the next ,

There are not hundreds of genders there is two (intersex) not included

No, no, no. They are separate.

Until they are the same.

It's quite simple.

Gender is anything you identify as.

But if you are transGENDER, you deserve the rights of the SEX you identify as.

But gender and sex are completely different.

It's so easy.

Bigot

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

How can trans exist if genders are bullshit?

That doesn't even make any sense. Literally zero sense. Trans isn't a choice, just like gender identity isn't a choice. The fact you believe this shows just how far removed from reality you are.

• Advertisement

Well how is gender and sex different if transgender people think they are the opposite sex?

That doesn't make sense. Literally zero sense.

The fact that you seemingly don't believe in biology shows how far removed from reality you are.

How come there aren't trans any genders who were born in the body of a pangender but feel like a two spirit asexual?

Trans always seems to be involving changing sex.

Curious.

Also.... It's so funny that me believing boys are boys and girls are girls makes ME removed from reality. so **** funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Everyone knows there are three genders, male, female and attack helicopter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭archfi

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

@Never Kneeling do not post in this thread again

Barely 3 pages in and the thread is already a mess. If you can't discuss the topic civilly and feel you need to just hurl insults at others then dont post

If the thread continues in this manner I'll close it

My understanding is that gender is not just masculine or feminine, but four is tremendously young to even have the cognitive awareness of what feels like the right gender. The beauty of that pre school age is lack of self awareness, and the spontaneity that goes with it.

Being gender confused at puberty I understand, but not four.

• Advertisement

Nope. I don't understand the idea that people are confused by their gender at puberty... Unless, of course, they're being told that they should be confused.

Just because someone at puberty wants to wear dresses doesn't make them gender confused. There's a confusion that most people experience. The confusion over rules both acknowledged, and those people just have to figure out for themselves, that exist within society. The boundaries. Pretending the boundaries don't exist, doesn't change that they do exist, and worse yet, encourage the creation of further boundaries/rules.

The idea that a 4 year old would even comprehend "the choice" and the consequences over a gender change are ridiculous. Most adults would have problems understanding all that's concerned with the decision, and that's with years living within their respective societies.

My understanding is that there is Male and female. And then there are transgendered people who have undergone surgery or hormonal treatments to change their bodies/etc. Anyone who hasn't undergone the physical change, is still their biological sex gender. Male/Female. And those who have undergone the physical changes, are trans-male/trans-female. No longer male or female, but they've decided to be another classification, and to be treated as neither. There's the choice.

And just as with the pronouns, just to be nice, I'll call them as they wish.. but it doesn't change the gender I consider them to be. Their biological sex. Their gender. Since I see them as being one and the same.

It doesn't matter what anyone believes - me, you, or anyone else.

What matters is objective science. Biological men and women exist.

Identity is a social construct and does not objectively exist; it is entirely subjective. What is constructed now will be very different to what the same population will socially construct in 2,000 years from now, for example. There is no defined path.

But ultimately, you are right. And the more that society moves in the direction of subjective opinion as opposed to objective biological reality, only bad things spew from that font.

What's happening in Scotland is a total and utter disgrace, an abomination to children, and an insult to society at large.

And I'm a homosexual saying this. Not everyone in the so-called LGBT community believes the same stuff.

You'd be surprised at the level of abuse common sense gays get over agreeing with straight people about the trans- question.

It's absolutely disgusting the way we get treated.

I'm not surprised at all. A lot of my closest friends are gay and I've been around tonnes of "trans" and "non-binary" folk.

I feel your pain.

And do they agree with you about the trans- question largely?

There's a myth that there's a solid block of opinion within the so-called LGBT community about these matters. I know it's a myth, as a gay person.

But as a straight person, how do your social group react?

I'm convinced that most people, gay or straight, if they heard of this Scottish legislation, would react with disdain.

Usually no.

I get told that gender and sex are intrinsically connected. A lot of the trans people I have spoken to feel they are actually the opposite sex.

I have met a few who acknowledge they are not the sex they identify as but wish to live as of they were.

It's very sad. It really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Common sense gays lol. Would the commong sense gays happen to be the ones that agree with you? Quelle surprise.

It's great to see Scotland leading the way on this. Hopefully, Ireland will follow suit.

I think he was talking about the common sense gays who dont think that men and women are interchangeable but have been lumped into a "community" because of their sexuality

• Advertisement

Common sense gays support science.

Common sense gays support objective reality.

Common sense gays support difference of opinion, without eternal condemnation of the views they hold.

On the trans- question, it is far more divided among the gay community than the media make out.

This abhorrent Scottish law is one of many examples. It's a total and utter disgrace, and an insult to children.

Common sense gays support trans rights. As do all peoplw with common sense.

Those who support trans rights do support objective reality. It's anti-trans campaigners who live in fantasy land.

This law is a great step forward.

Pfft. You're not gay.

Gays think men and women are interchangeable.

But at the same time are attracted to the same sex

But sex is interchangeable

Which makes them bi

But....

I'm confused.

So, how is suggesting to children that a biological man, who undergoes what is effectively cosmetic surgery, can become a woman?

That is anti-science. That is anti-biology. That is anti-freedom of expression.

It's bigotry.

Nobody denies the rights of people to undergo surgery. To demand that the rest of us delude ourselves into believing they are literally men or women is a very different matter indeed.

To subject all of the above to 4-year old children is nothing more than abusive for the sake of achieving a personal political goal.

It's **** disgusting

I don't see anything in the article that says cosmetic surgery will be discussed with children. Why do you need to invent bizarre stuff to support your opinion. I thought you cared about objective reality?

Even if they did suggest such things to kids (which they don't) how is it related to freedom of expression? Again you seem to be inventing things. I wouldn't think a common sense gay would need to make stuff up.

You do realise that many trans activists now argue that you don't even need to undergo surgery? That, even just feeling you are a woman, for example, makes you a woman.

Many trans activists now argue, for example, that if a straight man rejects a trans woman, it's because of transphobia - even if that trans- person contains a penis.

Can you see the problem here?

That the mission creep among the trans- community is extending far beyond its original remit.

And the Scottish law is just one such example of precisely that kind of mission creep.

No I don't see the problem. But then again I'm a common sense gay. I think it's only no-sense gay that see an issue.

Mission creep and remits? Not much common sense there. Why would someone who is not involved in a movement and actively dislikes the movement be the one to State the boundaries of their mission? Doesn't seem very common sense to me.

Why is it necessary to introduce a 4-year old child to concepts such as gender identity and transphobia?

• Advertisement

The article does not state that the concepts of gender identity or transphobia are.discussed.

Is it still common sense to make things up to prove a point?

Seems like a common sense gay would stick to the facts right?

Advertisement