Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Same question to you dudley, can you tell us what SF have done to cause this and we will test it against the known facts.

Far as I can see they have as much responsibility as the other party's in the mandatory coalition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Do the posters that appear to be blaming Sinn Fein for the Covid situation in the North hold our own Government responsible for the dire situation here in January this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

No, that's the public's fault for not engaging in personal responsibility. Even if they follow government guidelines...unless of course it's high ranking politicians, then it's cool and they can even roll out the AG to say so.

Ah now that's not fair, the lads are only showing their empathetic side not trying to score a cheap political point.

*So glad that I never once used the situation with the pandemic in the north, good or bad to point fingers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

So instead of discussing teh north and the terrible situation it’s “let talk about teh posters” response. If nothing else at least we can all agree it’s predictable

Post edited by dudley72 on

• Advertisement

Dudley72 said:

So instead of discussing teh north and the terrible situation it’s “let talk about teh posters” response. If nothing else at least we can all agree it’s predictable

For someone who claims to live on the border, with great links into the North and into both communities you don’t seem to care all too much about people dying in the North, very strange IMO, most people would be extremely angry about it, yet you couldn’t care less

Have you any idea how sickening that last comment is? How have any idea how Covid has affected me and my wider family in the north?

Take your sick pathetic point scoring game somewhere else. I am not playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So you don't know what their proposals are to fix the NI health service? Amazing!

What are their proposals to fix the HSE, and why should we believe a word of any of it, when they can't even fix their own backyard in Belfast and Derry?

It amazes me how so many people don't see through this trick. Again, ill repeat to the cows come home. SF are not some silver bullet or magical entity to free or fix Ireland. Just look at their record anywhere in the country and it's very very poor. Yet the online mob on social media and elsewhere they have going about the place are telling us all the SF is the answer?

There aint no gold at the end of the rainbow.

What? Is Stormont occupied by the Chinese or something?

Question: As a party of government, what is SF doing about this?

Stock Answer: Don't know and don't care, it's in the north.. Google it! *shrugs shoulder*...... now what did Leo have for breakfast, wE mUsT fInD oUt?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

As someone who 100% agrees with you that SF are not the answer and who comes from NI, I still think you're talking absolute nonsense to point to NI (where SF are in mandatory coalition with the fecking DUP, where big picture decisions ultimately come via Westminster) as if it's representative of how SF would govern here.

Granted I think that it would be much worse here due to their economic incompetence; I just don't think pointing to NI is particularly useful, particularly with the cheap point scoring around CoVid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

It’s not a political point scoring exercise, i personal have no idea what a political point scoring game is! As this is boards

It was a question and meant no attack

if you find the statement offensive I withdraw and apologise. None was meant

It is an indication of their ineptitude, lack of competence, and waffling they do. You even say yourself that SF are not the answer. So why are they fooling so many people if you look at the polls?

If SF have done something to cause what has happened they are as responsible as those here who ignored medical advice etc.

Can you tell what they have done (if it's specifically SF at fault) to cause this, and we can test it against the facts?

I have asked yourself and dudley this, but curiously all the two of you want to do is gloat about the number of victims.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

As I've said before; when you're drowning, you'll take the incompetent fool who says he'll try and help you over the smug f*cker who tells you it's your own fault, even if you think the fool is unlikely to actually achieve it.

I fully believe SFs vote will collapse as soon as they get within an arses roar of government when it becomes clear that they can't be all things to all people.

As I have asked the question 3 times now, I think we can take that as no answer.

'SF something something, but we don't know what that something might be'.

That about it?

There are a number of posters here that like to lie about the arguments being made.

Nobody I know on here is saying the Shinners are going to create a 'Utopia' or that we will all live happily ever after if they come to power.

Just like a UI, the same challenges will remain in running a country.

All I require of SF, or any other party bar FF-FG obviously, is to break the toxic hold of the power swap on this country. ideally and preferably (already posted on this) that would be SF entering a coalition first, be that with an alliance not including FF or FG, or in a proper coalition with either FF or FG. Not the type of coalition Micheál Martin was looking for when he opened the door to SF on the night of the election, where the partner is the whipping boy or girl/scapegoat of FF or FG.

I think if that happened the behaviour of FF and FG would radically change, it is already and the Shinners are only knocking on the door as a proper opposition, scrutinising and holding to account. 'Whingers' and 'hurlers on the ditch' I think the power swap fans call it, bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Serious allegation accusing “a number of posters” of likening to lie.

Have you specific evidence for that allegation.

SF are in power in the North and is presiding over some of the worst Covid numbers in the world and record-breaking waiting lists in hospitals. It is not good enough to say it's not their fault.

"Nothing to do us gov" butter's no parsnips.

Yet for some reason, people in the Republic think SF has all the answers when it's clear, they don't have the faintest idea what they are doing in power in the North.

Have a look at markodaly's and dudley's recent postings here. The one's were they say stuff like this:

Yet for some reason, people in the Republic think SF has all the answers

SF are not some silver bullet or magical entity to free or fix Ireland. 

If SF walk in tomorrow and take power I can tell you that in 5 years time after their term not everyone in Ireland will be happy. Anyone who thinks SF will do that is away with the fairies.

That's just a fraction of it Brendi. An unrelenting tirade of misrepresenting what posters are actually saying.

• Advertisement

Well, we agree on the latter. The high poll numbers for SF is built on sand, and will melt away like a spring snow once people realise they are sold a pup.

Again, I never said it has 'nothing' to do with SF.

I asked and am still waiting for you to specifically identify what SF have done to create these figures. Then we can cross check that against what SF advocated for.

Simple question.

To give an example, we can criticise FF FG and the Greens because it was they and they alone who decided to ignore medical advice and land us in the top spot in the world league and caused untold misery and death.

What the Executive have done is the same, no equivocation from me on that. You blame SF for it.

Is SF specifically to blame(if so what are they specifically to blame for) or are you blaming all the parties of the mandatory coalition, like all the parties to the coalition here were to blame?

It is called having an informed opinion Francie and I am informing my opinion on the nature of the online chatter I see from SF supporters gleefully excited at the prospect of a SF government as if THAT is the answer to all the problems.

You have a go at me and Dudley for example, but I asked you yesterday if you thought Ireland was a failed state when your mate Blazz made that remark? Totally ignored of course!!

Blaaz is not 'my mate' and I have no responsibility for what he posts.

By the way, my opinion (again constantly posted here) is that Ireland is a state that has failed way too many of it's people since it's foundation.

OK, so SF ARE responsible for the rising covid cases and numbers, which are some of the worst in the world and the state of the Health system. You agree with that.

So, the next question is. What are they doing to fix it and why should we remotely trust them here in the Republic with power when we see in the North that are incompetent.

OK, but you ignored his post when he said explicitly that Ireland was a failed state. Your silence was kinda approval of this statement.

Do you agree with that statement?

What specifically did 'they' do that was incompetent Mark?

They are a part of a mandatory coalition and are responsible as a part of that for how things are. But to decide if they have the competence to be in power here, we have to know what it was they specifically did.

If you don't know then I think the onus is on you to find out.

Do you address every post?

Peculiar accusation tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BackOfMyBag

hang on , didnt ireland have the highest level of covid infections in the entire world for a while also ? if they are incompetent up there , and as the irish stage also had the same " record " , are you admitting that the irish govt in the 26 counties are also incompetent ?

i dont get what point your trying to make with that post ? are you suggesting that north and south are now united in all but name ? doesnt seem the most intelligent thing to be pointing towards and taking glee in it , but the point seems to be " ha ha they are also guilty of having the highest numbers if covid infections in the world in the north , same as we had in the south months before them " ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,469 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Franci, they are opinions, not lies.

I hate that term which sprung up in the realms of the Alphabet parties around the time of the water protests.

Those opinions are perfectly valid in my opinion, in fact , I see a lot of validity in them.

Advertisement