Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are we going for protein?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭rainagain

I've bought from bodyfirst .ie without issue (I can't post links)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wow, that will probably change the equation back to Irish supplies. I see the site only has 1kg bags, but the total weight is going to be a killer. Where do the bars sit with that customs ruling? I try to avoid them, but are handy on the move!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Got that mail too. Anyone recommend a flavour that goes well porridge or Greek yoghurt from optimum nutrition. Tried chocolate peanut butter. It's a bit naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Double rich chocolate is the best for me. Can't go wrong with the big 3 flavours - Chocolate, Stawberry, or Vanilla. The rest can be sickly sweet and flavour fatigue sets in after a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've had chocolate mint which is nice. The new cereal milk flavour has got good reviews.

• Advertisement

This caught my eye as a good price from an Irish based supplier for anyone looking to make a big order https://www.perfectbody.ie/special-offers/scitec-nutrition-100-whey-protein-professional-5000-g?sort=p.price&order=DESC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I purchased some peanut butter, vegan protein and BCAA drinks from My Protein on the 29th of July.

They have just cleared customs after 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure if the customs labelling was correct, no animal products in my purchase. Hopefully, they will turn up in the next two days. Fastway say they have it now.

This will be a pain in the backside if the delivery time stays at three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Not overly confident. Placed my order with MyProtein on the 5th of August. No idea where it is. It's not showing up in FedEx tracking and MyProtein has been giving me the generic "it's delayed with customs response", but would have thought it would be tracked up to that point...

Well over any apparent 2kg limit for animal products. Is that confirmed? And was it part of the changes in July?

Anyway, will give it another few days before finding a reasonable alternative supplier here.

Just been refunded. Looks like no more Myprotein in Ireland for the foreseeable for those of you who plan to order more than 2kg of anything animal product related.

Myprotein is taking a hammering on the .ie version of their Trustpilot reviews with a few Irish reviews popping up on the .com version. And rightly so. They've been abysmal these past few weeks.

So where is everyone going now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I don't get why protein which is vegetarian approved is being treated as "Animal Product".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I messaged them about my order and they won't even mention the customs issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaz22

the worst thing about both Bulk and MyProtein is their sites say they ship from EU, why lie about it? this is my second order this year rejected by customs, no apology and Bulk wouldn't honor my order from january telling me that i can order the same products at an extra €105. first myprotein order took 6 weeks to come back in March and now this one is rejected by customs which wouldnt happen if they shipped from the EU like the site says.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭foxsake

fastway are sh1t too only an email service for customer support

auto reply saying they will reply in 48hours.

5 days later... [insert spongebob meme]...not even a sorry

g1mps

Not loving the look of prices on AOB Nutrition and some of the other suppliers mentioned in the thread.

Wondering if ordering from MyProtein Germany .de would work? Seems likes it's possible to select Irish delivery location from the site

(Going to try it later unless I find a better solution.)

I can't imagine they're accepting orders on the German .de site and not distributing them from an EU location. But then maybe 80% of their orders are UK ones...

Fulfil "selection box", €1 per bar

Credit to the OP on Bargain Alerts - https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058205043/fulfil-selection-box-1-per-bar#latest

Use code 10FOR10

Free shipping (in Ireland) when you spend over €39

If dates are the same as (12) boxes I bought recently, the shortest BB is 16th October.

Flavours are always as pictured. Best Before dates vary (but always same date, dependent on flavour);

16/10/21 - Chocolate Hazelnut Whip

19/10/21 - Chocolate Salted Caramel

21/10/21 - Chocolate Peanut Butter

20/01/22 - Chocolate Brownie

21/01/22 - Chocolate Peanut & Caramel

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

I messaged bulk a couple of days ago, asking have they rectified the issue with delivering whey/animal products over 2kg to Ireland as they previously informed me they would rectify it and look to ship elsehwere in Europe.

No reply, which makes me think they haven't come up with an alternative.

Surely it creates an opportunity for some Irish crowd to fill the vacuum created by bulk/myprotein?

There wouldn't be the scale here really with such a small population, when a lot still buy ON, ROS nutrition, Kinetica etc. ROS are probably the closest. Lower economies of scale mean that even an unbranded bulk supplier here would have higher prices, so less of a differential with ROS, ON etc. Discount supplements also do their own brand too but it's more expensive than MP / Bulk: https://www.discountsupplements.ie/protein-supplements/whey-protein/discount-supplements-100-whey-protein-25kg

Post edited by caviardreams on

Another week has gone by, the package still hasn't moved out of customs. I reopened my ticket with MyProtein for an update. Let's see what they say.

I'll open a dispute on the charge with my bank if I don't hear back in the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Ordered 1kg whey on 6th August.

Shipped on 11th August.

Delivered 23rd August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Looks like MyProtein is not a viable seller of protein anymore. They're not offering any Whey Protein over 1kg anymore! It's still available if you're shipping to the UK though. Not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Omar Isuf's company Elemental Formulations are setting up their European HQ in Limerick so hopefully will provide another good option in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BurntAsh

With myprotein having difficulties shipping animal products over 1kg, has anyone had difficulties with getting vegan whey delivered?

1kg of ROS nutrition whey for €16 at AOB - good price imo!

https://aobnutrition.ie/collections/offers/products/ros-nutrition-target-whey

Yeah, I am having problems. Ordered on the 28th of July. It still hasn't arrived.

I got this generic message from their support team today. It's getting beyond a joke how long this is taking to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

Just checked myprotein and it's giving me the option to add 5kg items to my basket (it didn't last week). Anyone tried making an order/is the shipping restriction no longer an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I haven't tried yet, but have noticed the price of protein is way higher than it used to be, even with discount codes. A 5kg bag used to be just under €60, now it's €82.54. Supply issues in the UK driving prices up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

€67 for unflavoured with code.

Bulk have 5kg available too.

Hopefully they make an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaz22

Live chat said the issue has been resolved and they are shipping from Poland now. Still waiting to see if they'll honour the €95 for 10kg impact whay that I paid last month that was rejected by customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 stainlesssteel

I wonder if the fact they're shipping from Poland now means the €80+ cost for 5kg is the new baseline price for the larger quantities?

• Advertisement

Yikes! That's a sharp increase in prices on MyProtein. Lowest I can see is €77 for 5kg after trying a few codes. Winter bulk is officially cancelled. Spaghetti arms for life!

Advertisement