Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

djyah remember de speaking clock Joe? You'd ring it up and the'd tell ye de tomie so they would.

WOW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

He'd even ring it up on air to fill out some airtime. On a good Friday he'd cancel the ads and get the entire show out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭ghoulfinger

On today's show

Directory enquiries & cost ( what idiot would use them, but a Liveline listener)

Widowed mother of autistic son doesn't like the title "household duties only"

Some other things....

Who in their right mind would pay for directory enquiries when Google is at hand? I mean, by the time you have found out a directory services number you would have found the number you actually wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

11811 was a great song Joe, can I sing it for you?

go ahead caller!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

has Joe taken a tripeen to France for a long weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭archfi

This must be a humongously niche problem!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Katie I didn't bother my hole looking into the charges for a redundant service and I got charged through the nose. It's disgraceful."

Jesus, this fellow is a fairly bitter man. Bundle of laughs

'As an economist...' I can use the term blackmail

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Katie puts over her admonishment much more politely than Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I personally like outdoor dining, but I'm a nosey b!tch, and love a bit of people watching

'there is very little happening outside in the Costa Del Sol'

hahahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The weather here will see an end to outdoor dining shortly caller. Give it a month and it'll be too cold and wet to sit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There is one great advantage to outdoor street dining………….you can nick a few chips off someone’s plate as you pass by.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He speaks for lots of people. A man with a high opinion of himself.

Gina Murphy has drummed up a lot of publicity for her restaurant during lockdown. Astute business person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

This lad has houses in Ballsbridge and the Costa del Sol and yet he's got nothing better to do than ring up Liveline to complain about struggling restaurants trying to bring in customers?

Researchers, please, please, please don't ring the insufferable 'Panti, self-styled qween of Oireland' for his usual tuppence worth of drivel delivered in a horrible mid-atlantic drawl.

Thanks.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Joe never has opposing callers on at the same time anymore. It's a great source of gold.

JOE OUT! KATIE IN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I say it every time Joe is off, but how refreshing is it to hear a discussion without regular grunts and interruptions?

Tom is a bit confused, the moaning old bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭DaTown

4 million!!!!! Battle of the oppressed

Oooh, the wish of the people who paid 4 million pounds for the house beside you don't agree sez ex-developer/economist caller.

Not winning any support there mister

• Registered Users Posts: 39,527 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Look, I know what I'm talking about..."

Really?

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Who pays Tom's / Bertie's economist wages I wonder????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

An economist and property developer. Double whammy in the unlikeable stakes.

The road that leads on to the road that leads on to the road has residents. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

This is a very localised discussion. I’ve no idea about the roads or streets that they are on about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I don't know about you guys but without someone to tell us where all these Dublin streets are located in relation to other Dublin streets I have to say I'm totally lost. Those geography lessons really bring the story to life for someone who lives in galway.

Advertisement