Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Group E-H already had 2 Italian teams in it (no more than 2 teams from one Association in the 4 groups), Group C was already complete and Group D had the other Italian team, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Particularly with Lille losing their manager and a few big players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Suarez & Grujic return..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I think we'll beat porto home and away and Milan at home, just about picking up 1 other point then

To me it looks like, the group you mention being the most even as the teams seems about the same level, but nowhere near the some of the other teams.

Worst group - Group G: Lille, Sevilla, FC Salzburg, Wolfsburg

Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv

Looks good on paper, but only 2 good teams who should qualify easily:

Group D: Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff Tiraspol

Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit St Petersburg, Malmo

Could be quite good and competitive:

Group F: Villarreal, Man Utd, Atalanta, Young Boys

Group C: Sporting Lisbon, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Besiktas

Tasty:

Group A: Man City, PSG, RB Leipzig, Club Bruges

Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seeded 2nd....guess it was going on 3 seasons ago. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I've no issue with Porto or Milan really, obviously there were softer options than both. Just Atleti for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

He doesn't and never did. He only cares about himself that fella. They all still worship him to this day though, hence why it's funny.

AC Milan did finish 2nd in Serie A last year. McManaman dismissing them because he didn't know where they finished. He probably thought they scraped 4th and weren't leading Serie A for almost half the season last year. Going to be good matches I think.

it changed around a little recently, so our previous performances wouldn’t have mattered. They got us second seed, but we couldn’t have been higher - top seed in each group goes to all the league winners (City, Atleti, Lille, Bayern Sporting, inter), and the CL and EL winners (Chelsea, Villarreal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

It's tough to be top seed now, need to win the league (a top six league), Cl or EL to be a top seed, we're still 3rd ranked club in Europe though. Is it next year the CL is going to change format again?

Tough enough draw so probably going to be a lot of teams taking points off each other so could be a low total to get out. We've handled Porto with ease over the last few seasons when needed, I expect the same again. Milan although getting 2nd in the Serie A last year, you don't look through their team and see a lot of high level players and Madrid will be what they always are, making it a tough old slog but they'll probably drop a few points because of how they play. We'll top it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭tinpib

We've been blessed in the past for draws. I remember being beside myself for 2017/18 when we had Sevilla, Spartak Msocow and Maribor. It was exactly the draw you wanted, then for last 16 we got arguably the weakest in Porto.

So I guess you are going to end up with a stinker of a group some year, and this is it.

Be a good time to rob Kessie off Milan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

As hard a group it is, I'm happy with it.

Every game is one I will look forward to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm overly confident of a win on Saturday (probably a bad sign) but just have that feeling. A nice late game at home on a Saturday, Anfield will be noisy, I expect us to go for a fast start. City to drop points to Arsenal (I know, I know) followed by us beating Chelsea and everyone else starts to look at the table with that sinking feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

When hopefully competing for other competitions opportunities to rest players are welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Suarez for his second return to Anfield, no Diego Costa though which is a relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fact of the day we have only played AC twice before in the European Cup both times were in the final.

Is Ibra out with a long term injury? I see he missed their league opener due to injury & Giroud started up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Any idea of the dates for home and away or did I hear it was Saturday they’ll be announced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

I hear you.

You got to hope we don't blow up with injuries this season.

If we don't the lads will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

A great draw, really makes you feel like proper European football rather than being in a group with 2 also rans who have no hope of qualifying, every game is one to look forward, that's what makes European football exciting, love it when it comes down to last game in group, which it probably will, we tend to do that even when there's poor teams in our group anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,492 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I hate weak groups, they're so boring. This is a proper set of games, in good stadiums , in good locations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

It's a tricky group. Some nice glamour ties alright but the eyes now will be on when the games fall and if they are before/after any big PL games.

That's where a weak 4th seed becomes an attractive option. Sometimes a group with 1 super club and 1 very poor side is better as you just have to beat the 3rd side really and you're through. You can rotate against the 4th seed.

At least there is midweeks off during the group stage this season, unlike last season with the relentless games every 3 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I've just moved and am looking at getting satellite for , basically liverpool games. Given Bt have european games which are often on rte / tv3 should I look at bt or sky? Any opinions welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sky have more games and generally have first pick. In reality you need both. Competition eh? Pay more to 2 companies for the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

A cheaper option might be an online service like ssports+ or Dazn. Less convinient as you require a vpn and a way to play it on your tv but a lot cheaper and they carry all the PL games not just a select few.

The LiveScore app has all the champions League games free this season which u can cast to a TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lots of talk of Bissouma this morning

Id take him in a heartbeat super player, id also give them Jones on loan for the season he need to play regularly and Brighton play nice football ,Then he take Milner's spot next year or even give them OX or Origi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That's more or less what I came here to say.

Every game will be interesting. I'd rather this than playing against mickey mouse shite who's name I can't even pronounce like that Moldovan team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Great opportunity for us to live up to the song as well. If we beat every team in the group, beat Ajax in the last 16, Bayern in the quarters, City in the semis and PSG in the final, we'll literally have conquered all of Europe's top leagues.

Easy work. 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The time to loan Jones was last year but he stayed and performed well and has earned his place in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye i agree he done well but its just about numbers if someone extra comes in , I think he needs to be playing every week to fulfil his potential

Fab,Hendo, Thaigo,Keita, New guy would all be ahead of him, Then you have Milner, OX,Elliot are they ahead of him ?

I think we could do with moving a midfielder on if one comes in & Milner will go next summer ,

I'd prefer we sold OX but can't see it this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

can that be done with a Firestick or only a chromecast?

Strange how quickly it was denied, dozens of transfer rumours and silence.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Denied by a Brighton journalist though, not a Liverpool one. I’d believe that tweet tbh.

We rarely seem to sign the “obvious” option, or the one fans think of at least.

So you are saying there's a chance 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I really doubt there will be an incoming transfer this summer. Klopp has said as much -

Since the summer of 2018, Liverpool have signed 6 players. Adrian on a free, Tsimikas & Minamino as back-up squad players, Thiago, Jota & Konate. A good few senior players have left on a free in the same time such as Lallana, Sturridge, Moreno & Gini, let alone those sold such as Lovren.

• Advertisement

We have one of the biggest squads in the league, academy producing.

I'm sure if Klopp really wanted player the club would get that player for him.

I'm not talking about one of the £150m players that the state owned clubs are signing.

What we have learned from Klopp time at the club and at BVB he likes small tight squads to work with even when we were low on numbers last season he still stuck to the core group and the likes of Shaq and Origi struggled to get game time.

I think we'll win our group. I think Barca, Juventus, PSG, Real, Sporting, Villareal, Sevilla come second in their groups. And we can't play anyone from same group in round of 16, or face anyone from Premier League. So it means Barca, Juventus, PSG, Real, Sporting, Villareal, Sevilla in round of 16?

Or if PSG topped their group, and City came second

And Juventus topped their group, and Chelsea came second

And Villareal topped their group and United came second

Then we can't draw any of those English clubs.

Only leaves Barca, Real, Dortmund, Sevilla as opponents in round of 16 .

I don't know that I only used it once & it was from my phone to Chromecast for the second half of the Super cup final & it worked perfect that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Fair f*cks our rivals are going after trophies. Ronaldo heading for United now.

Looks like Ronaldo is off to the retirement village that is Manchester United.

He'll for sure make em stronger , and we'll have a lot to hand in those two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Let them have him. They can parade him around on an open top bus at the end of the season when Ole gets the boot for still never winning a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Ronaldo, Varane and Sancho. Say what you want that's how you strengthen.

He has 550 goals in last few seasons. He'll make a massive difference. Goals equals points on the board, he'll improve them to the tune of 20 + points

• Advertisement

Man U aren't going to get 94+ points this season no matter who they sign.

Advertisement