Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OpenWRT and Vodafone SIRO

Options
  • 27-08-2021 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has OpenWRT working directly to their Vodafone ONT box without using the Vodafone router? I'm having some trouble with this build

OpenWrt 19.07.5 r11257-5090152ae3

LinkSys WRT3200ACM

I'm following these configuration options which basically states to set the WAN port to PPPoE, tag the outbound traffic with VLAN 10 and set the username and password

config interface 'wan'
           option ifname 'eth1.10'
           option proto 'pppoe'
           option password 'broadband'
           option ipv6 'auto'
           option username 'vodafone@vodafone.ie'

config interface 'wan6'
           option ifname 'eth1.10'
           option proto 'dhcpv6'

I've tried a couple of different permutations including using the login information in the link above but I keep getting PAD0 connection errors. From another forum this seems to mean that the link isn't even detected

daemon.notice pppd[9775]: pppd 2.4.7 started by root, uid 0
    daemon.warn pppd[9775]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets
    daemon.err pppd[9775]: Unable to complete PPPoE Discovery
    daemon.info pppd[9775]: Exit.

Tried the simple stuff like rebooting the ONT, networking restart and the LinkSys router with OpenWRT. Just wondering if anyone has it working that had similar issues? Might change OpenWRT version and give it another go

Comments

Advertisement