Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Getting out of my depth here. Only thing I can think of is to delete cookies on your browser.....?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Could it be

Click on your Avatar

Then Click the bell icon

Then Click on the 3 slider bars, top right.

Slide over to the right of the screen to reveal check boxes , remove all check marks not to your liking.

Don't forget to save your preferences

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

I’ve done all this. Is anyone else having this problem?

60 notifications on the bell here, but I previously had all methods of contact turned off so presume that carried over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I just looked at my Messages there, and I am missing a load of messages I think.

Were they not all migrated to the new platform?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭orm0nd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I was yesterday. All solved now.

Above the topics for preferences there's a list of options why you want notifications. Pick whichever one will give you the least notifications.😅

• Registered Users Posts: 18,569 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’ve had to do that a few times. Seems to reset itself to maximum notifications occasionally and spam you with emails every time someone twitches a finger over a keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Odelay

Is the time 1 hour late on the desktop site for anyone else? Its been like that since the changeover and surprised they haven't got it sorted yet?

Maybe they're going to do the same as me in the car and leave it until the clocks go back???

Youngest off to secondary thismorning.

I hate the kids going back to school, I hated school all the way through and underperformed as a result. We would be busy baling and selling straw, I was so late back to school the year of my intercert I’d been marked off the roll completely, it was into october. But I loved college when I went.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Funny, would have been the opposite. Didnt mind secondary school at all, but didnt like college. Liked the social side, hated the course I did. But I didnt know what else to do, so I just stuck at the course... In hindsight, not sure it was the best thing to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

I was like Brian. I hated school, but only until I completed the junior cert. Then I had the three core subjects plus Engineering, Construction Studies, Ag Science and Technical Drawing. I always liked maths so that only left English and Irish to be endured. I was happy in school from then on.

I hated school as well, so I quit halfway through transition year. Never regretted that decision. Plenty to learn in the world outside that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Back to school myself. All meetings online. Lovely day to be inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

School wasnt for me either really i suppose it was/is a literacy problem that didnt help things for me either had the brains but just couldnt really put pen to paper really. Tis 8 years about now since we finished up school and there was definitly more of an education got in the last few years than my time in school thats for sure, i never used punctuation/grammer until i was doing up a CV for New Zealand and just got intothe habit of it then i suppose, nice bit of manageable paperwork involved in the job now altough mundane at times tis manageable and not something i thought would ever have been something id need to worry about. I was always handy at the maths all the same and its like ive an internal calculator at times but im getting right back into the geometry side of things now with work and its just like second nature really. I suppose if i knew then what i knew now it would be a hell of a different story for me.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I left secondary at 15 and entered the university of life. Almost 55 years later I'm still learning there.

They're hopeful I might graduate sometime next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What's peoples opinion on spreading slurry on silage ground this time of year as opposed to the spring time? Ground not likely to be grazed this autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭148multi

Better utilisation of nutrients in the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭green daries

Just put it on both times ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Clear herd test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭tanko

If you could be sure that ground conditions would allow spreading in the spring that would be better but do you not need to get the tanks empty before the winter. Not grazing silage ground in the Autumn isn’t a great idea, this won’t help good growth in the spring. If it’s well fenced you could get someone with sheep to graze it and clean it off.

We don’t tend to spread in the spring. We spread ourselves in the back end while ground conditions are good.

graze with light stock late amd then quick run early spring.

Looking at replacing front tyres on our 2wd, loader handles bales of silage etc.

thinking of moving from 750 to 1000’s for better field work.

is a 12ply tyre suitable for loader work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,220 ✭✭✭Grueller

Clear herd test. Thank god because I have about 50-60 cattle to sell before housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Have been in both camps, being locked up and stuck with stock not normally kept, and locked up where a large share of cows have been taken, and as much as the first was a pia, the second puts the fear in me due to the financial hit. But can be overcome but going clear always a relief

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Looking for a van recently, transporter primastar or traffic. Mad money. What other options are there?

I need between 2007 and 2012, 4 k budget, tested and towbar. And I don't want to travel across country to get it. Im North tipp. I've been on donedeal and marketplace. Is my budget off?

A caddy partner berlingo is too light as I'll be pulling a load. Not keen on the big transits or the citroen relays or Peugeot boxer.

Jeep is out due to fuel.

Went to view one today and it's tricky going into third. Everything else was perfect. I drove it again skipping third and it was able for it, and i was temped to take it but didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dzer2

Firstly start as far away as you can get from a Traffic. Some real bad experiences with them. Best place to go is the big smoke. Bring the bag of cash with you and will get one in decent shape for that or a little more. Be prepared for high mileage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Price range with new doe

• Advertisement

Hard got.

I was a year looking, eventually got a 2010 RWD transit with test for €2500, the guy was having issues with import paperwork and wanted rid. 140k miles.

Advertisement