Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its out

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

I'm running iPadOS 15 for a few weeks on a developer account, and it seems really stable. Haven't really noticed anything wrong with it at all.

I'm not using the iPad for ten hours a day or anything, but it seems remarkably stable.

I'm running iPadOS 15 for a few weeks on a developer account, and it seems really stable. Haven't really noticed anything wrong with it at all.

I'm not using the iPad for ten hours a day or anything, but it seems remarkably stable.

i downloaded it onto my ipad last night , running fine so far, has anyone put it onto their phone ?
    also doesn't feel like a major update

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

peteeeed wrote: »
    i downloaded it onto my ipad last night , running fine so far, has anyone put it onto their phone ?
    also doesn't feel like a major update

I've had it on my phone a while now. It's pretty stable, no major bugs. Sometimes an app will crash on press, but will pop up no problem second try.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

i say it every year i'm not going to install it, and just wait.

I usually last a week and deal with a buggy OS until the GM comes out a few weeks later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭turfthrower

The most interesting thing about iOS 15 on the iPad is the text recognition facility. The ability to go back through your pictures library and copy and paste out text from photos is extremely cool. The improved maps also looks great. But no, it doesn't feel like your using a new operating system. It's incremental progress.

This is the problem Apple has - it's on a treadmill of adding features and updating each year whether the new features are worth it or not. Sometimes they are, and sometimes they're just filler there for their own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

eeloe wrote: »
    i say it every year i'm not going to install it, and just wait.

I usually last a week and deal with a buggy OS until the GM comes out a few weeks later.

I'm exactly the same :o

In all fairness, I think the worst issue I've had to deal with on the Betas was the AIB app not working for a while on iOS 13. I put up with that at the time, as I could use the website instead, but now that you need the app to be able to sign into the website, it would be a show-stopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Downloaded it on my Phone this morning. Haven’t noticed any issues so far and all my apps work OK. Key standout is the text scanning in photos being so seemless and the new Safari interface which is so better for tab management. Otherwise it is a fairly incremental update with small improvements here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Using it the last few days. Haven’t noticed anything any issues yet. The new safari layout takes some getting used to.

Installed it (and watchOS 8 Public Beta) last night. For far so good. As above, the Safari URL bar position takes a but of getting used to, but I can see the logic behind it. Tab management is much better. Need to have a bit of a think about how I'll set up the various Focus modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭shanec1928

have it installed on my ipad only issue that i have came across is that i can no longer access my onedrive \ pdf expert via the files app on non ios15 devices. just give a content unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Metalpanic

Installed it (and watchOS 8 Public Beta) last night. For far so good. As above, the Safari URL bar position takes a but of getting used to, but I can see the logic behind it. Tab management is much better. Need to have a bit of a think about how I'll set up the various Focus modes.

How is the battery life on your watch? I've installed on my iPad and Phone but not watch yet. I really like the safari changes on iOS. As you said it take a bit of getting used to, muscle memory keeps messing me up, but the changes make so much much sense. Still not used to it on iPad OS yet though. Seems clunkier.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    How is the battery life on your watch? I've installed on my iPad and Phone but not watch yet. I really like the safari changes on iOS. As you said it take a bit of getting used to, muscle memory keeps messing me up, but the changes make so much much sense. Still not used to it on iPad OS yet though. Seems clunkier.

Bit early to tell about the Watch battery life. Battery is currently 90%, having been wearing it since 9am (it was fully charged overnight then). But I haven't been doing any kind of exercise or activity, and even notifications have been quiet today. I'd have to give it a few days to notice if there was any changes.

Only thing I've noticed is that the old Find My app is still on the Watch, but it won't open and from the icon, it looks like it's not fully loaded (it has a black quadrant). The new Find Devices and Find Items apps are present and working.

I'm not going to install it on my iPad, because the family all use it, and I'm not putting up with the complaints if anything doesn't work, or has changed. I have a MacBook Pro too, but I never install the Betas on that. I use the MacBook for (hobby) music production, and that's an area that always seems to be negatively affected by new OS versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭cracker

Has anyone tried the Bank of Ireland app yet? That would be the only real blocker for me to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

BOI app works fine for me on iPhone 12 Pro max iOS 15.

I'm having an issue where my mobile data isn't working since the update. Some websites load.. Spotify won't work at all. Really weird. I'm with An Post (Vodafone). Tried a few things, enabling / disabling VPN, switching data on and off. Nothing really seems to help.

Anyone had similar issue? Not sure if it's the beta or if it's an issue with my mobile provider but it coincided with the update..

public beta 3 is out

Only app I’ve found not working so far on the PB is Park Magic (parking payment app for a few counties). It crashes on loading.

The widgets are woeful but it works ok for the most part.

Update on the Apple Watch battery life - I’ve seen no issues at all on the PB. Been using it for tracking cycles and swims (as well as usual notifications, etc) and battery life is as it always was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yep, with the latest update it's resolved itself!

• Advertisement

public beta 4 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I’ve iCloud Keychain turned on in iCloud settings and my 2FA keys sync across my iOS and MacOS devices. Iirc this has worked since beta 1.

Just noticed that in the Beta you can search the contents of a document in Files. Up to now you had to bring the doc into Books to do that. I’m irrationally happy about this (long overdue) feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Just wondering if anyone knows if MS Authenticator works on iOS 15 beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just tested it there and it seems to be working fine on the most recent beta.

Here’s a good Wiki post on MacRumors listing buggy/broken and working apps.

It does. I use MS Authenticator for work, and it's been working fine on all the PBs on both iOS and watchOS. I'm on iOS PB 5 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Thanks, @Mimikyu and @Gregor Samsa. This is the longest I have held out on installing a beta.

public beta 6 is out

beta 7 is out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

First time trying a beta. This one seems fine. It sure what I think about the Safari search bar being down the bottom. Don’t think it feels right. Typing a search term down the bottom and the suggestions appearing at the top. Odd.

Advertisement