Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ronaldo will cause problems

Firstly Cavani what happens there, hes a huge character and wont take sitting on the bench,

Secondly pens and free kicks, No way on the world Bruno is happy handing them over to Ronaldo,

Greenwood less chances to plat through the middle.

No way Ole drops him of things go bad,

I think itll be l

As much as they are worth.

Whoever was willing to pay the most and the player agreed to join.

Whoever the best young striker Klopp felt would fit the bill.

While Haaland/Mbappe are the highest profile young strikers in football at the moment, Klopp has helped turn quite a few players into superstars. No doubt they are looking beyond the two aforementioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So really you have no answers just get rid players and buy new shiny players is all you want

Isn’t that what usually happens in clubs that want to stay at the top?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Not according to me. Everyone knows the '' Big 6'' , seems it's the same 6 regardless of where they currently are in terms of performances or squad.

In reality only 3 team are currently at the races in this league, Liverpool, City, Chelsea .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

That won't happen while we have Klopp and even if it does who cares what people refer to it as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Epitome of toys out of the pram ,we have jurgen klopp and a great team,a premier League winning team,a premier League winning team with two 90+ point seasons ! ,a champions League winning team,and loosing finalist's, none of it would have happened without Jürgen klopp.

Relax ta fcuk and enjoy the ride will ye,the man will be gone in a copy of years.

Had, you mean. Due to serious injuries, loss of form, and age, we no longer have that team. It’s pretty stupid to think the same group of players can keep up that intensity and performance indefinitely, no team can, hence why adding to the squad each year is so important. MC walked the league last year, Chelsea won the CL, both have improved their squads, they didn’t think, ya we won, no need for new players, let’s enjoy the ride. No one is saying this Liverpool team isn’t a very good team, or that they won’t be challenging at the end of the year, what I said was that if some of the players who were injured/lost form last season have another mediocre season this year, there will be an awful lot of surgery needed next summer, because unlike other teams at the top, Liverpool haven’t been adding top quality to their squad each summer.

I’m really looking forward to this evenings game, with all first team players fit (haven’t heard if Fabinho/Robertson are available) Liverpool’s first eleven can compete with any bodies, but premierships aren’t won in August, it’s a long season, and quality squads are needed.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Is there any older outfield player that is playing regularly in the Premier league this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I don't know why people are falling over themselves here over this signing. Yes he will score goals, but so would Cavani. So did Ibrahimovic, didn't help them compete for the league. This is a 36 year old who will be on big wages who has a legal case hanging over his head. Would you want Ronaldo associated with your club if that trial goes ahead and the allegations are in the headlines again?

I also wonder how his not tracking back will work in the big games. There are more unanswered questions than guarantees for this transfer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

He'll be playing as a central striker for them, why would he be tracking back. Your clutching at straws trying to make it look like anything other than it is, a very good signing. He is and always has been a far better player than either Cavani or Ibra. And can still score goals as evidenced by his 81 in 3 years at Juve. He improves UTD, without question. If we do our thing it'll be a close run thing between all the top four sides.

To add to this, these are our fixture before and after our CL fixtures -

Leeds A - Sun 12 Sep - 16h30

Milan H - Wed 15 Sep - 20h00

Crystal Palace H - Sat 18 Sep - 15h00

Brentford A - Sat 25 Oct - 17h30

Porto A - Tue 28 Sep - 20h00

Man City H - Sun 3 Oct - 16h30

Watford A - Sat 16 Oct - 12h30

Atl Madrid A - Tue 19 Oct - 20h00

Man Utd A - Sun 24 Oct - 16h30

BHA H - Sat 30 Oct - 15h00

Atl Madrid H - Wed 3 Nov - 20h00

West Ham A - Sat 6 Nov - 15h00

Arsenal H - Sat 20 Nov - 15h00

Porto H - Wed 24 Nov - 20h00

Southampton H - Sat 27 Nov - 15h00

Wolves A - Sat 4 Dec - 15h00

AC Milan A - Tue 7 Dec - 20h00

Aston Villa H - Sat 11 Dec - 15h00

I don't think it looks too bad. We play City and United after a Europe midweek matches so no advantage either way and only West Ham and United are away. We have had worse fixtures in previous years after midweek matches in the CL.

The matches in the PL are subject to change as it looks like TV matches up to West Ham has not been decided yet on who will show what. A lot of that will depend on the position of the teams at the time. I can see our match with West Ham being moved to Sunday 7 November, Arsenal can be moved as well to either later in the day or to the Sunday. Just an FYI post for those that may be interested.

Most of the top teams press from the front, we often see the front three in our own half tracking back, waiting to receive the ball and turn, MC and Chelsea the same. I’m sure lots of central defenders will appreciate the extra couple of seconds to pick a pass when playing against Ronaldo.

I agree with you that he is a very good signing though, he will improve the team.

If playing Ronaldo means less pressing from United and more counter attack play, I will be happy. They did well against the top teams where they would have less possession, but struggled when they had to break teams down. How buying Ronaldo solves this needs to be explained to me as the problem was creating clear chances, not putting them away. But maybe I am missing something as I honestly don't watch them that intensely.

As for making them so much better, good for us? We only play them twice a year and we are still more than capable of beating them. If we take care of our business then it will not matter what they do. If they are better and able to take points off City and Chelsea, then I will not be complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not as excited about the Ronaldo return as I was when Fowler came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

And no early Saturday kick offs after playing champions league on the Wednesday, well done Mr Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No we don't.

I've thought a lot about this over the last 48 hours.

We do have a way of doing things, and Klopp is consistent with it. We will not destroy our wage structure or squad camaraderie for the sake of it.

Utd are loaded. They've gone down the Galacticos route, which is fine. I actually don't want that. We don't have the funds, and Klopp is not that manager.

Do I want a midfielder? Absolutely.

Do I want a back up for Salah/Mane. Absolutely.

But our first eleven is still as good or better than everyone's, no matter who is bought. I get it, we're fans, we want the marquee signing at every opportunity. We want the excitement of a Ronaldo type, or Varane type. But that is just not what we want or need.

I'm delighted that so many contracts are sorted. It's great work. It's validation of what's happening that the likes of Fabinho and VVD in particular see their best years here. You can't improve on them.

The Utd thing is either going to be spectacular, or look utterly foolish. I don't think there's an in between when a manager gets given that insane backing in a transfer window. Don't worry about them. They're spending the world to try to get to our level. Ignore last year's table - we all know last season was a mess.

I'm more than confident we'll be there or thereabouts. But we'll of course know more after today.

Really surprised no team has even come in with a lowball offer for Origi.

I can see Phillips getting a move late on deadline day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The West Ham game will be moved since they are in the Europa League

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chelsea are the team to beat this year, I think.

Massive test today which should tell us a lot about where both sides are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

When are liverpool due to play arsenal? Hopefully soon

I'd love to see us court Saka in the media for the next year and sign him next summer.

He is to good for Arsenal.

Our 17 still remain the best in the league, of course other clubs have a far deeper squad. Staying fit will see us good though. We do have decent like for like players now if one goes down.

If a paper plane was to accidentally fly into Matip and he was down for 4 months, Konate can step up.

As mad as Tobys posts can be you have to laugh that he thinks this Arsenal team are a top 5 team and Liverpool aren't even top 6 anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Last summer was a serious missed opportunity to put real pressure on there, when he was out of contract with them. Be an excellent addition alright, and very much a Klopp type of player.

Ivan Toney would one to keep an eye on this season if he can continue the form he has shown over the last 4 seasons coming up the divisions.

At 25 he is coming right into the Premier League for his prime years.

23 in league 1

25 in league 1

33 in the Championship

1 so far in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Sepp scored his second goal of the season for PNE.

I think it's safe to say the loan last season and this season is working out well for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Robbo and Bobby get their spots back and Elliot keeps his! Big confidence boost for him getting the nod ahead of the rest.

Team

Elliott in ahead of Naby & Thiago is a bit of a shock.

No surprise Bobby is back in.

I had hoped tsimikas would get another chance, thought he had done enough.

Strongest bench we have had in a long time.

Origi & Phillips must know they need to find a club now when they can't make the 9 man bench.

No Jota! He's so dangerous.

He did plenty, and he'll get his games, even today I expect he'll come on.

Still can't believe Robertson is back, confirmed ankle ligament damage, time to full heal, 6-8 week, Robertson is back, in 6-8 minutes virtually wtf

I dunno what the rush is, surprised Klopp didn't let him sit this one out, and then have the whole international break to recover, he'll most likely go play for scotland too. Don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Cos regardless of what so called pundits think we are in a title race and 3 points is vital today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's some boost for Elliott to picked in this game.

He's still in awe, so many great positions to go it alone last week, and he passed every time. Hope he has the will power to try himself today. Would love to see him score today

• Advertisement

Cracking atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sliiiightly worried about Fab coming straight in… sometimes looks a bit rusty for a game or two.

Great start by Elliott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Matip went out of his way NOT TO FOUL HIM, and he dived for it, and ref gave it. WTF

And last week Burnley were body slamming players into the ground, and it was play on !

Oh Hendo what a miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Get up virg!

Matip not reading it at all yet. Hopefully he wakes up.

UNREAL the freekicks Chelsea are getting,

Robbo playing very well on his return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Great first 15. It was a tough ball for Henderson and on his bad foot but should do better.

We're the better team so far

• Advertisement
Advertisement