Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo GAA Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

This is a new level of concern around what a player does in their own time, or how they conduct their affairs.

I'm sure he does pay all or any taxes he would be due to pay, but I'd ask why you care so much, as a matter of interest?.

Should we hazard a guess as to which county you hail from?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

After the issues around the hurling final any hope of an attendance increase for the football final is out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Of course he does (I can't believe I'm replying to this nonsense).

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭boosabum

Think he had the same accountancy firm as Dean rocks Inc to address all taxation issues, could be kpmg and Bernard brogan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not looking forward to the scramble for tickets :(

Club allocations are less than for the semi final .

All applications from clubs have to be into county board by THIS Saturday night and tickets will be issued Weds 1st September

So at least we will all know how we stand nice and early

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Its taken us back 15 years now with the same BS of who gets tickets. I HATE it with a passion. Clubs with secret email lists to certain members and those who couldn't name half of the team.

I'm looking like unless i get them out of the county I won't get a ticket. The sooner the STs are back the better.

Good Mayo News podcast. I agree with the over reaction to Kevin McStays criticism. At the time I didn't see the challenge on Eoghan as a red, and I had a similar view to McStay. Good point on the work that O'Donoghue did. Its gone now but the lack of credit from the various media to Mayo is poor. There is plenty of meat for Mayo to use as the whole hour on Newstalk sport on Sat was on about Dublin and zero acknowledgement to our lads. I might be blinkered but Dublin didn't give up and lose it of their own will like too many of the media are protraying.

Interesting to see how Tyrone go at Kerry. Kerry shipped (and scored) a lot of goals in the league and championship. I think Tyrone will drive down the middle into Kerry. But if Kerry turn it on up front then can see them win by 8 points.

Tyrone will love coming in under the radar which will suit them perfectly. Don't know if they will have the fitness though to catch out Kerry though.

Good piece in the mayo news regarding season tickets and how cork could issue final tickets to their season ticket holders.

Basically every club in cork needed to sacrifice 3 tickets to meet all their needs. In mayo each club would need to sacrifice 75.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Yes but how many of those 75 would be coming back to season tickets holders who were club members anyway.

• Advertisement

The problem lies in the distribution from HQ

Under the circumstances competing counties should have gotten a much bigger share

our club draw was this evening. Didn’t get one :(

Good question, would it be 50%, hard to know to be honest. Think it about 3500 members in total

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

3622 season tickets in Mayo. Most of them would be club members anyway. I know one fella. has 7 season tickets, every final, still demands his 5 tickets from the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

https://www.mayonews.ie/sports/37291-numbers-won-t-add-up-for-tickets

I heard today that an email would be issued entitling Cairde Mhaigheo members to an All Ireland ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I pray it's true.

I've spent about 200 on bingo, 250 on a tile for the wall, all in the slim hope that I might get one this way. This is after being told I have feck all hope of getting one through my club and accepting the story that my club + wasn't going to get me one.

Sad, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

500 tickets will be made available to 2020 Mayo season ticket holders via a draw held in Croke Park. Those successful will be contacted by email next week.

There is hope yet !

a nice gesture to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭eastie17

Do your club not do a draw for the tickets like most clubs? If they do and your a paid up member then you have as much chance as anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Western People (@WesternPeople) Tweeted:

Some encouraging news tonight for Mayo GAA Season Ticket holders hoping to secure a precious match ticket for the All-Ireland final on September 11.

https://t.co/ol007R5DF4 https://twitter.com/WesternPeople/status/1431036292893184003?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Well at least thats something. Fair play Croke Park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Scrambling around for tickets here in Limerick and North Tipp....have a gazillion feelers out but in reality I probably have more of a chance of making the Mayo matchday squad than actually getting a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

In other news Anton Tohill is packing it in in Australia.

There's a lesson there for some hopefully.

Something on Mid West Radio at 13.00 re the tickets.

Draw will be made next Wednesday and the golden ticket holders will be subsequently notified by means of an email.

It’s the hope that kills ya :D

I hope they send us an email ahead of the draw so we know they have details correct

They do of course.

However with the reduced number of tickets and the same number of people looking for them, the chances are less than previous years. That and the fact I never managed to win one in the past.

My other avenue of club + seems to be up in the air.

No need to jump down my throat. I was just stating what I was at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Update on this..... according to the local club secretary the Limerick county board got a total of 200 tickets so none going out to the individual clubs it seems (which makes total sense given the reduced capacity)

So if that number is roughly extrapolated out for all 30 counties (and adding in a few for corporate partners etc) would that leave about 15,000 tickets each for Kerry and Mayo (??)

Such a bonkers way of allocating tickets but seems to work out in a weird way I guess :-)

Post edited by Cartman78 on

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

The mayo county board got 10,950 tickets according to mid west radio today.

Used to be that every club got two tickets for all Ireland finals. Think there is a about 2200 clubs so 4400 gone from the 40000.

Not sure if the 10 year tickets are still on the go but these were also a guarantee of tickets for finals.

Guessing there is something for referees also and then onto sponsors of which they're are quiet a few. Box's and premium have to be catered for so.

Assuming 11k to mayo and 11k to an other then it's 18k balance minus 4400 so 13500 tickets available to the "corporate" sector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Whestsidestory

Does anyone know how to update bank card details for season tickets. I have updated my ticket master details I'm not sure if this covers it.

if you get lucky in the draw it will be a Ticketmaster link you will be emailed. They won't go to the bother of trying to reactivate season ticket details.

Outdoor event capacity to increase on a phased basis from mid September

have a feeling it will be from Monday 13th. Maybe we might have a homecoming for the team yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭freddie_

Anyone know whats the link for sesontickets, I cant find it anywhere and want to make sure my details are correct.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

If you PM me your login details I'll check for you ;)

Looking forward to viewing our All Ireland final opponents today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Com'on Tyrone... Anything to not have to listen to Spillane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Looking at this semi final, Mayo are a better team than either of these. BELIEVE Mayo!! Do the simple things right, play football, do the homework on the opposition and put this to bed. You've the capabilities to do it this year if you believe you're going to win and play like you will.

Well I was not expecting that result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wow, that's a turnip for the books!😮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Can't wait for the final in 2, 4 or 6 weeks time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Yerrad the bejesus out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Once they ended up with extra time it was Tyrone's to lose.

But yes, at throw-in I didn't expect that would be the result..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

It's a bored to death cliche but mayo have to do it this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The All-Ireland is coming back to Ulster. Tyrone doggedness and lack of pressure (beating Kerry is already bonus territory) will see them over the line.

Mayo already win their final a few weeks back. Their mental weakness will show once.

Mod

Warning issued for Trolling

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Did you not get the required reaction from posting this in the other thread so decide to come here and try again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

What illness will Tyrone come up with to delay the final lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Mod Edit

Warning issued as poster is Thread banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

We have to absolutely press the **** out of Morgan in the final. He nearly cost Tyrone the match today.

There was **** all covid in Tyrone by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement