Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I know they said there's a COVID outbreak but was there any match announced that was actually pulled? Aside from 2.0 on the show, I'm trying to think of who was actually missing or not on the show at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I don't think Team Taz or Brian Cage featured? Sammy, Wardlow and Archer are others, and PAC and Andrade just had a recap thing I think? But it wouldn't be unusual either for any of the above not to be on in a given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Stu was noticeably absent in the Dark Order segment but not sure they were in Milwaukee or not. Archer is wrestling here in Seattle tomorrow night so he's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Miz has signed? Bryan won't be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 60,601 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Cole has removed the WWEShop link to his page from his Twitter account.

Whatever way he goes he is doing a good job keeping in quiet in this day and age.

• Advertisement

I think I saw someone say that Taz and Cage were featured on Dark? The same night or something. You're right and I was thinking the same thing, anyone that wasn't on Dynamite isn't on Dynamite every week anyway and the usual weekly players were all on the show.

Just seems like a strange way of defending the show being a bit slight.

Like Rio Ferdinand earlier with Ronaldo, I don't think you tease like this if you know it's not happening because you're going to get a lot of **** if it doesn't happen (Bucks and Omega have teased as well)

Well I hope this is the case.

If he doesn't Show up on Smackdown tonight I think he's definitely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That opening tag match was so good, glad the Lucha Bros won, I hope they are the team to take the titles off the Bucks, seens as it's in the cage you'd think there's a good chance. Cool to have big Giannis at ringside too. Also liked Taz keeping the singing exclusively for the Dark hardcores!

Rampage being an hour long is a really easy watch. Also considering the news about a certain debut possibly being brought forward, might Omega/Hangman now happen at Arthur Ashe? Although AEW booking Virginia immediately after Full Gear might be a hint that it wont!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,282 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Damn that opening match was just bloody awesome

I wanted Jurassic Express to win but it makes sense to have the Luch Bros against the Bucks as they always have killer matches

Can I say my love for Fénix knows no bounds, he's just so so so good

• Advertisement

Pretty good Rampage, again have to echo the sentiment that an hour long show is so refreshing. It just never drags as a result.

Opening tag was excellent, it's a real testament to AEW that I would have been happy with either team winning. Crowd was really hot for it, as was this Giannis lad, who got a lot of screen time. Aside from the rather awkward moment where Penta, Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt were there to catch Penta and Jungleboy off the top rope for an eternity, think camera work there could have hidden that and it's only a quibble for what was a great match.

Tay Conti and the Bunny was alright but the crowd was not really into it. Glad at least that they're giving the women some more time on the main shows and hope that continues on Rampage. The main event was a bit disposable but entertaining, Cutler is growing on me a total goof. I'm still not a fan of the pre-match interview, it's just awkward and stilted IMO. It sort of just delays any anticipation for the match I think. I loved the Miro/Kingston segment, glad that Miro is finally getting a proper feud too.

They really hyped the Punk/Darby segment as if it was going to be bigger than it was or a face to face but it was nothing at the end of the day. Jericho acknowledged he was screaming but to be fair to him he was less shouty this week so hopefully that continues. Rampage still to me feels in danger of becoming the far lesser show but it's early days yet and with it only being an hour, it's still an easy watch.

So does Punk lose his first match in 7 years to put over the young talent he has come back to put over or does he win and not put over the young talent?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Darby can afford a certain type of loss tbh. Mind, so can Punk.

The importance of this match won't be the result, it will be the story told. It obviously shouldn't be Punk killing Darby, but a close fought fight gives both wins; Darby hanging with an utter legend, Punk hanging with a young and hungry star after a lay-off.

Tag match last night was awesome, and I'm really down for Miro vs Kingston. I love Miro's character but he's not had a proper foil yet, and Kingston really is that perfect mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Punk wins due to veteran wileyness and Darby snaps afterwards, attacking him is how I'd like to see it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You have to have Punk win his first match back, and Darby is fine to take a loss. Can still Darby over in a loss and maybe some sort of mutual respect angle where Punk joins Darby and Sting then (if they're ever going to launch those Trios titles, that would be an excellent first group to hold them) and you've an already going feud then with Garcia and 2.0

First words out of Jericho's mouth "Yeah I'm yelling, it's what I do". Criticism getting to him a bit. Can't see the 4 man announce team lasting long. Way too much talking over each other

Agree with others it's a quick easy hour to watch. The tag match opener was great. Not a fan of the Bunny so didn't like her beating Tay but at least it's setting up something I suppose.

In the Punk debut Rampage Punk helped arena merch sell out it make $200k in sales.

Please FFS don't add Jericho permanently to the Dynamite announce team. Or Paul Wight or Mark Henry.

I'd be happy with Excalibur, Tony and Tazz.

It's being reported this evening that JR will be slowly moving away from full time commentary and doing more backstage stuff like sitdown interviews etc.

That can only be a good thing for me, Also being reported his contract ends next April.

A lot of the original signings like Jericho then mustn't be far off the end of theirs.

• Advertisement

Yeah there should be a lot of contracts ending in 2022 if 3 year deals were signed in 2019.

Khan has to be ruthless and let contracts run out for people that are utterly useless and not re-sign them because they're a friend of someone.

No way he will let Jericho's contract run out though (even though I'd love it). Khan loves him.

Does Leva Bates have a backstage role? She always pops up in backstage vlogs etc (so she is there most weeks) but hardly wrestles and when she does she's bloody awful. There's an example of someone who shouldn't be re-signed (unless as I say she has a backstage role)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Leva is Brandi's executive assistant I believe and is responsible for lots of travel booking if I remember right.

Luther, Serpentico, Sonny. Others as well but they're ones who get a lot of Dark/Elevation time. Grand back near the start, but with the larger roster now, don't need them to fill the shows

Marko Stunt is #1 on the list for for me. Jurassic express don't need him in the slightest and he's so unlikable imo the way he acts in their entrance, at ringside etc. Hardly ever wrestles either. But as I say (about Khan hanging on to friends of people), he's great mates with Sammy and others so I hope that's not a reason to keep him around.

Looking through the roster there are less than I thought. I guess they just have the ones who have contracts while we see a lot of ones who don't have contracts that have regular matches like Kilynn King

Men

Alex Reynolds

Billy Gunn's kids

Brian Cage (Controversial. The guy looks great but he just isn't over as a heel or face)

Brandon Cutler (Unlikely because of friends)

Jack Evans

Jake Hager

Kip Sabian

Luther

Marko Stunt

Michael Nakazawa (Unlikely because of friends)

Peter Avalon

QT Marshall (Unlikely because of friends)

Shawn Spears

Sonny Kiss

Women

Leva Bates

Vickie Guerrero

Brandi Rhodes (never going to happen)

75% of the refs

would be my list!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm curious are the Good Brothers there as part of their Impact contract or is AEW paying them?

Tony Khan say he wants to hold an event at Craven Cottage,

An outdoor summer show there next year would be ideal I be all over that.

He also said AEW would be making multiple additions to the roster over the next 4-6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jim Ross set to move to a more backstage interviewer and will now only commentate on featured matches. He will be phased out over the next few weeks.

No surprise poor JR hasn’t been with it for a while. Less in his case is more.

Tony and Excalibur are great. And Taz would be a good fit for the 3rd commentator.

Advertisement