Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick GAA Discussion Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭scrubs33

Just on that I see that Munster Rugby are linked with her (I’ll dig out the article again) while the S and C coach is off to Ulster Rugby. Confirmed also that Peter Casey has done the cruciate so a few bits and pieces to be sorted but given the inter county season is just over I’m sure there’s plenty of time to bed in replacements. Best of luck to PC as well, savage blow for Na Piarsaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Sad for Peter Casey hopefully makes a speedy recovery!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Iecrawfc

yes hopefully he's back training April or May next year so might be able to play a part assuming Limerick get to the latter stages of the championship.

I dont think he's that reliant on pure pace so shouldn't effect his game too much. Saw it this year with Richie English though, probably still not back to his best, it takes 8-9 months to get back to stage 1, then another while to get to match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

Some great success for Limerick the past few years. Do any of you have details on the JP money? Where is it mainly focused or is it spread widely? Obviously an increase in coaches has improved things and development squads get a lot of attention?

Physically, Limerick are immense. Some top class strength and conditioning personnel involved clearly. Do you see any improvements in standards outside the senior hurlers? In camógie, underage, football?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

I don't think pace is the issue from experience tearing two Cruciates myself!

It's the step and the cutting ability that will take time to build up and we know Peter to have some step on him!

Thankfully he should have the best treatment available being in the Limerick setup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Heard the camogie coach only gets a 1000 euro a month. Has to pay for his own travel.

Apologies my phone doesn't have euro sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 King Power Fox

Wishing PC a speedy recovery and must say what a performance for 25 minutes. Heading for man of the match in the AIF. What is the story with Mike Casey's recovery - will he be back and if so will he get back into the team. Also Ritchie English - be some defence if they all come back competing. Hopefully a good problem for John Kiely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

Mike Casey should be back playing soon. We need to give more game times to Mike, Richie, and the fringe players David Dempsey, Cathal ONeill, Colin Coughlan, Pat Ryan, Barry Hennessy, Adrian Breen, David Reidy etc in the league. With the round robin format next year we will need a strong panel because injuries may become a bigger issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

For anyone who was the hurling final were they serving drink window the stadium and/or was Jurys Croke Park outside area open ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jurys Croke Park was completely closed. As far as i know it's a Covid Quarantine Hotel as is the Red Cow in Clondalkin.

Strange to see Gills closed up too. Phil Ryan's near Gill's was open. Not sure what kind of a set-up they had but the queue was about 100 metres long as i passed on my way into the stadium. Looked like there was a large red bus serving pints (plastic cups) or cans too near Gills corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thanks sounds similar to semi final so .

Why can’t they just open up inside . It would take a lot of people off the streets in a more relaxed environment!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

I heard is Peter Casey out u till June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

What age kids are they charging to get into matches now?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,728 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Any surprise packet in the senior hurling or football championships this year? I would like es to see Doon win the hurling as they always contribute 3-4 players to Limerick but have often come up short in county finals - like Adare in the early late 90s - win one and then win a bucket load.

If Doon can keep their main men fit they could have a chance, I think Na Piarsigh have been weakened a bit, especially in the forwards, with Casey and Dowling gone for this year. Would be good to see Doon coming up, crazy to think they've never won it. Might be a year or two early for Ballybrown but they are coming. Garryspillane could suprise a few, their Minor winning squads are coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Club matches. Heard weekend games kids were charged full price

€2 for u16 on the Limerick website. Everyone needs a ticket cause of Covid but there are still kids and OAP too

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ESetter

Everyone was charged 10 euro last weekend..even kids 8 yrs of age! Changes this weekend alright. I think the co Board are gone greedy...10 euro to junior matches is a joke.

Why should junior cost less than senior ?

Following your club is following your club and senior fans don't have more money just cause it's bigger clubs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ESetter

Usually junior matches are of a lesser standard of hurling. I dont think you can compare a senior match where their could be 10 players on the field from a county team to a junior match where there are none. I dont think many neutrals will go down to the field on a sat evening and pay 10 euro to see a junior match. Anyway its just my opinion.

The current hurler of the year Gearoid Hegarty is playing junior with St. Pats.

Always worth the admission fee to see him in action. An absolute freak of nature.

Guaranteed to score 10-15 points per match.

How about Kilmallock and Patrickswell. If NaP are slipping surely they will be best placed to take advantage.

I think Patrickswell have to be favourites this year given the form of their intercounty players

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭C4000

Sickener of a result for Ballybrown tonight. They were the better team for most of the match but just ran out of steam towards the end and the scores dried up. Thought Killian Galvin, Josh Adams and Colin Coughlan were outstanding. Wont be long before a place in the Limerick team will have to be found for Coughlan.

Barry Hennessey saved Kilmallock on a couple of occassions and a super contribution from Micheal Houlihan got them over the line. Very unfortunate for Ballybrown to miss a 65 with the last puck that would have drawn the game and given them a great chance of progressing.

Would you think Michael Houlihan should get a chance with Limerick. Probably Kilmallock's most improved and consistent player now.

what age is he? i dont remember him from any underage teams?

Think this is about his 5th year playing senior with Kilmallock? he played a small bit of u21 with Limerick in 2018 as a sub but didn't make the step up to senior.

He's certainly an excellent player at club level, 6 from play last night and very reliable from frees. I suppose there is so much competition to even get a look in for Limerick it's very hard to get in on club form alone. Nearly everyone on the panel seems to have been continously involved from underage...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think it will be hard to look beyond Patrickswell this year. Gillane with 2 classy goals in the space of 2 minutes yesterday.

• Advertisement

It was an emphatic response from Patrickswell after their loss last week. Shows what can happen when one of the top players in the country is really on a going day playing against good club level players. Gillane laid waste to the Ahane full back line. Easy to say now but they'll regret not playing Dan Morrissey at full back, he didn't really influence the game from midfield.

Byrnes, Seanie O Brien and Jason Gillane were very good and Josh Considine is another powerful wing back who can motor up and down the pitch and get scores.

Tom Morrissey kept plugging away in a losing cause. Also Niall Moran still battling away for Ahane, I remember watching him play in a senior county final in 1999. A great servant.

Advertisement