Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

Ed...... wrote: »
    Enduro has a sizeable lead at the montaine summer edition. Looks to be in good shape and hoping to break his winter pb and previous course record. He'll enjoy running the course without all the wet/snow gear for a change I'm sure.
    Live.opentracking.co.uk/spine21sum

Cant believe u just called him a fair weather runner☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Ed......

He acts tough buy we all know he hates getting wet��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Enduro on the run in to the finish. Possible fastest time for the Spine summer race. Cmon Eoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Must admit I've found myself watching the dots on the maps more than once over the last few days! Fantastic performance by Enduro.

Hadn't realised it was all over, new course record to boot!

https://twitter.com/TheSpineRace/status/1407441709349457925

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

World 50k and 24hr championships cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Congratulations to Ed on his most recent little cross-country run!

https://twitter.com/johnoregan777/status/1411990404187234306

Just to correct Johns post my time was 3days 1hour 55mins. 73hours 55mins.

3days 2hours 55mins has been quoted in all reports and might become fact if not corrected now.

Thanks

Ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

This is unofficial, but what was regarded as one of the most unbreakable records has been broken.

Also, I ran with Aleksandr in 2016 in Albi. 😁

https://twitter.com/johnoregan777/status/1431865050336215040

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Enduro

I telling anyone who cared in Chamonix exactly what Robbie Britton said in his superb report on this. That is the Ultra performance of the century. A stunning stunning run. We are indeed truly privileged to be able to run alongside, against, but mostly way behind such a great athlete.

In retrospect, it's great to have seen how he evolved this performance. He was always going out at "Kouros pace", but crashing and burning in the second half... but steadily moving the crashing point further out so that he could medal at championships, and then further out so that he became the world champion, and ultimately to the point where there was no longer a crash and burn, and he is now the all-time number one.

And a nice guy too, by all accounts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭CJay1

Any nutrition advice for a 45km run?

What would you bring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭Enduro

In my case, nothing....burn fat

If you're going to bring something make sure that it's something you'll enjoy. Jellies, chocolate, banana, whatever

Best of luck to Enduro in the Spine race which is kicking off on Sunday next.

Link for the dot watching - https://live.opentracking.co.uk/spinerace22/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Can’t really figure out what’s happening on that link but yes, best of luck!

There are a number of races going on but the map that opens up in the link is the one Enduro is in. Click on the people icon, next to the map icon, to see the current standings. Enduro is in 6th place, the leaders look to be in good shape for the course record (so far). Damien Hall favourite for it before hand.

Course record is 83hours 12mins 23seconds held by Jasmin Paris. She broke Enduros record by some 12hours, January '19.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is the trophy pin the previous course record pace? If so Damien Hall is way ahead, and load of others are unexpectedly close to the previous pace.

It's the first time they've had the trophy symbol on the map but that's how I understand it. He's well ahead of it like you say but of course it's the Winter Spine race so anything could happen.

Will it be a valid record with the detours in place and the bus transfer in one part of it?

I read a tweet earlier from the organisers which said that a new course record is not on the cards, as there is a 15k section near Bellingham which isn't runnable due to storm damage so runners will be transported around that section. If thats the case its unfortunate given the pace Damo Hall is setting up front. Enduro in 5th, going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Damien Hall retired now. Keep it going Eoin!

• Advertisement

Enduro currently in 2nd place. A few of the early leaders have dropped out. He has yet to have a sleep though.

That was before lunch, he's ahead now if the tracking is legit.

Presume he can sleep on the bus.

Onto the final stretch now. Best of luck Eoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

jaysus this is great stuff, are the 2 dots getting closer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

Incredible result overnight......congrats Eoin. It even got a mention on RTE radio news this morning!

Brilliant, congrats. Did he sleep at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Great result, Well done Eoin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭marathon2022

Wow, what a performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Brilliant performance. Phenomenal.

Advertisement