Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford FC Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭skaface

I'm hearing the Bohs game has been moved to Saturday to a 2pm kick off at the RSC

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Mark Bircham has signed a 2 year contract extension. great news, team doing well with him and good to see stability of longer contracts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Even if he's poached it should ensure that the club are compensated.

Great few weeks for the league. A few Bohs players mightn't fancy a bit of rough and tumble on Saturday if they have one eye on the second leg in Greece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Another great win for the Blues today. Closer to Europe spots now then to automatic relegation. :)

• Advertisement

Massive 3 points

Some turnaround in a few months.. Bircham should get manager of the year if he keeps the team playing like this.. Great stuff #BLUES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Great to see the team doing well after a bumpy few years. Need something to cheer you up in these gloomy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,386 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sadly not our night in Inchicore tonight, 2-1 loss but have heard we should of got another penalty near the end

Massive game next weekend at home to Longford, a win would be fantastic. Finn Harps have 2 games in hand and Dundalk above us in 7th have 3 games in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Are tickets available for the Longford match this week? Not sure if they're still being limited to season ticket holders due to a max capacity? The tickets page on their official site is blank, so that doesn't clarify much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Previously you had to buy them in person from the club shop. I think for this game they were looking to get the online sales back up and running. Obviously not set up yet.

• Advertisement

4-1 win tonight at home to Longford, great win for what is an emotional time in the Waterford soccer community

Back up to 8th now but Dundalk have 2 games in hand while Finn Harps in 7th have 1 in hand

Cup action next weekend

Great win, Harps won too unfortunately.. Dundalk lost also.. Massive game in 2 weeks against them now.. No easy games from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Was sitting in the far side stand last night, what is it about lads who are absolute whingers during the game?There was one man particularly who just moaned shouting and abused the players until we went 3-1 ahead. He was acting like a spoiled brat first half when the team wasn't playing well. Conditions were really poor, the pitch was fast, ball was difficult to control.

I don't get it at all, the team have been brilliant recently and deserve our full backing even when playing poorly. In fairness 95% support is fully behind them but a couple of lads are just brutal to listen to. Had to laugh at one point when he was shouting at Stafford to put some height on his crosses (I'm putting that politely) and our first goal came from a low cross whipped in. Hopefully when a bigger crowd gets back, him and the likes get drowned out but it's sh!te to listen to when the team is flying at the moment.

I feel better now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Deiselurker

I had no problem getting tickets for last few games. Capacity is 500 at moment and we have about 200 season ticket holders so you can buy tickets in club shop in RSC during the week at certain times. Check the club's social media during the week for definite times. No online ticket sales at moment.

There's always a few moaners at RSC especially in new stand towards the back. The man you were talking about obviously wasn't wearing a mask if he could be heard that clearly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Ha true, oh he was a right pain. Can't get my head around why you would have a go at this side at the moment, it's pathetic.

Capacity is up to 700 now, was told it in the ticket office. Should be a good crowd next Friday. You'd hope so anyway.

Best of luck to the team tonight in the Cup

Massive opportunity to get to another cup QF. Kilnamanagh won't be any pushovers and we can struggle against weaker teams

Hopefully people bother to get off their backside and go watch their local side tonight. Here's hoping the blues get the win and push on with the great form we have been in.

That I'll do nicely 4-1 win and into the QFs once again

Other teams left

Dundalk

St Pats

UCD

Finn Harps

St Pats

Rovers/Bohemians

Cobh/Maynooth

Wexford/Killester

We know the ones we want to avoid in the draw. Maybe UCD away again?

Post edited by PTH2009 on

Maynooth University at home please

Speaking of UCD I see Colm Whelan scored the winner for them against Longford and got called up for the Ireland U21 team.

He looks like a guy who'll be playing for someone like Shamrock Rovers and probably in the UK in the next couple of years.

• Advertisement

They offered him a scholarship. What can ye do.

Rovers out of the cup

Waterford

Dundalk

St Pats

Bohemians

UCD

Finn Harps

St Pats

Maynooth

Wexford

We need to avoid Dundalk, Bohs and St Pats on the QF

Why fear Dundalk? I hope we get an easier draw but i wouldn't really fear anyone.

Well they nearly knocked a Dutch Eredivisie side out of Europe over two legs the other week so they are a top side on their day.

Make him a better offer - guys like him won't come through the academy too often. A scholarship is worth only a few thousand quid, he could be worth €500k in a year or two.

While it's very possible he'd have wanted to go to UCD in any event I'd be interested to see how hard they tried to keep him.

What times the cup draw does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

Home draw hopefully

• Advertisement

UCD away

It's time to get our revenge on them 3 years later. I'd doubt many players are left in both clubs from that game

Game to be played weekend of 17/18/19 Sep

Advertisement