Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,731 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had to turn off all notifications... and I am still getting notifications.

Guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,731 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

y u no shut up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ditto, and a massive number of notifications, hundreds at a time!

Its really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Same here, is there any sign of a fix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

This worked for me.

Go to parent "forum" of thread, select "follow" then select "unfollow". You need to do it for each forum. Notifications and popups went away.

This will probably break the transfer of my subbed forums, but the notifications from busy forums was driving me mad. I'm in a better place now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭Esel

This issue arose when the My Forums lists were uploaded to Vanilla recently. Office are aware - see main Feedback site issues threads.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

1099 notifications so annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Had having no notifications for about a year on the old site. Then had random notifications of old posts for another 6 months. Closed old account, trying to stop it.

New boards, no notifications since it launched. Suddenly now started overnight.

This is the only forum I've ever had these problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Seeing the exact same same here. Have just tried the Follow/Unfollow workaround on the offending forums, so will see how that goes. Started earlier in the week also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Plus 1 to the unwanted Notifications issue.

It is,sadly,yet another element which is making use of Boards.ie a challenge rather than a communications tool of easy use.

It is surely a poor reflection on the New Architecture itself as opposed to Boards management.

Either way,it is not doing much for customer layalty or satisfaction ? 😥

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Decided to see what's happening here now as I haven't been on in a few days, and the first thing I'm greeted by (on Desktop) is a load of pop-up notifications in the bottom right of the screen - most from threads I don't remember, and I never have notications on for anyway.

I would complain, but what's the point. It's just the latest example it seems of the complete balls-up that was made of this site in the last 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭AllForIt

^^ Yeah same here, at least they disappear after a second or two. I've turned off all notifications but I'm still getting them. Maybe I should turn them all on - and see if that has the reverse effect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Goes to show how infrequently I'm using this site now, I forgot to reply saying this is working for me (I'm following/unfollowing as I see them, I can't remember all the forums I was following either). Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is there an issue with the email notification service?

i haven't been getting any emails since yesterday dispite threads i have book marked having new replies.

i have the notification emails on bar the when someone replies to a thread you are taking part in, as that means i get an email for every single comment which is too many.

also dispite reporting boards as not spam, emails keep going into my spam folder.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,956 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this isn't a minor problem because of lack of 'my posts' not making use of the site easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This issue is now making the site useable again. Why can't they give us a simple way to turn of all notifications ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,384 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Still seeing this.

anyone from boards going to bother their arse looking at this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This is brutal. Pop-ups covering the phone screen. Annoying on lap top. And I've everything switched off.

How have so few effed it up for so many?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

1000 notifications, pop up notifications taking up half the screen, will ye be looking to sort soon? Unusable at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Not sure about anyone else but I'm no longer having this issue. I'm only getting notified if someone quotes me, which is what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Seems to be sorted.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Aye sorted for me now, tnx a mil to the Devs etc.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Is there any way to have the "Bookmark this discussion" box under the reply box unticked by default? I don't want every thread I post in bookmarked.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Not natively.

The script package in my signature (desktop only) does have a setting for this. Install it, then click the settings gear-wheel in the title bar and uncheck the "Automatically set Bookmark this discussion" box. It'll be unchecked on every page then

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement