Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Looking Ship Game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

How is the Miranda still going? Which, as it happens, is probably what most crews would have said of the ship by the TNG era. I genuinely thought the Galaxy would walk that round.

As to the next? Nice match up; gotta give it to the Constitution Refit. I like the D7s silhouette but the refit took a hokey 60s special effect and made it look like a ship you'd wanna fly in. When it blew up in #3 it felt impactful.

That would be rather fantastic were it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, that was fairly one-sided!

The Constitution Refit wins the day

All Eyes On Rafah

And so we are finally here folks.

THE FINAL

Constitution Refit

VS

Miranda Class

Two giants battle it out

Some Music to help you decide

Edit: voting open until 9pm tomorrow

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lol, awesome. If I didn't know better I'd have said this was staged lol. I mean, but of course. It makes sense the two best ships are those from the best Trek film, with the best submar... ship battle.

I'm going with Miranda, gotta stick with my fav. That it got to the final at all says much IMO. It's not conventionally pretty, has little swagger or glamour but it's handsome in its own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

We have a soft spot for the underdog Robin Reliant / Miranda... or it wouldnt have gotten this far.

It seems like a more practical realistic design than the Constitition.

But the Constitution is a more eye catching design without being unbalanced.

So vote for Constitution.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Evade

Constitution refit. There's not much in it but I prefer the Federation ships with the secondary hull layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Miranda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭Rawr

Arg…knowing this choice would come made it no easier.

It’s *razor thin*, I love them both so much. But I think it has to be the Refit. A perfect balance between the classic 60’s design but also practical modern interpretation that hasn’t yet been recreated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Both are beautiful models, but the refit, especially the original, pearlescent finish from TMP, is possibly the best starship model - not just Star Trek but all Sci Fi.

Constitution refit it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Na it's mot the best Trek film "The Undiscovered Country" is. There is a lot of mistakes in TWOK especially when Kirk does not raise shields in time only energises them but not raises them like WTF.

Anyway I think this is a very disappointing final. I can only assume the the majority if Trekkies in here are over 50.

I am going to vote for the underdog the Miranda.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Why 50s ?

I'm 35 and my entry to Trek was the movies but it's not why I like these best. I like them because they look real and full of actual parts unlike the overly sleek, aero and pointy yokes we got later.

To be fair TUC has a few glaring mistakes too. It's established that the Excelsior is studying gaseous anomalies in the opening but in the final showdown the Enterprise has that equipment on board to modify the torpedo for some reason.

I'm not in my 50's either.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Miranda

Voting closed.

All Eyes On Rafah

Well, it seems we have a tie.

All Eyes On Rafah

To dice or not to dice, that is is the question.

All Eyes On Rafah

Right folks

This is how it will go....

2,4,6 Constitution Refit

1,3,5 Miranda Class

All Eyes On Rafah

The ship that lost is.....

All Eyes On Rafah

Proof

All Eyes On Rafah

WINNER

Cheers for playing everyone!!

Post edited by TheValeyard on

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Once again the Reliant loses to a simple number

Not my favourite ship but really almost any of the last eight could have made it here.

Thanks for doing this Valeyard.

Lol, ok that got a genuine laugh out loud 👏

Thanks from here too Valeyard. That was fun, and surprising in places. Some ships did way better than I thought (the Miranda, Oberth), others worse than I'd have thought like the Bird of Prey.

Disappointed the Miranda lost but also loved how it made it to the final too. my irrational love for the ship felt validated 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Thanks for the game Valeyard. Best ship won - even if it took a dice roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,872 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The Miranda voters probably feel a bit KHAN like this morning...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Ms

Let's do it again. This time have some Ferengi, Breen and Cardassian ships in it as well as some Federation ships not thought of last time like the Ambassador class.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Thanks everyone who played.

Sorry about the ad hoc nature of it. Family life was getting in the way of posting!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Well done valeyard I enjoyed that!

Ms

Thanks for doing it. Was it hard to do?

Could someone else do it?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

What about the next being a "who would win in a battle?" fight? Might make for more interesting matchups beyond debating aesthetics. My beloved Miranda might crash our first round lol.

Advertisement